Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Looking for a few people to start a weekly bible study with

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JaiL519

Hey all! A friend and I are looking for a few people to start a weekly bible study with.. it'll be in a facebook group chat. we'll maybe do 3 chapters a week or so but that'll really be up to the group to discuss and decide on. He has been a Christian for a while now but has never really done a deep dive into the bible. I am new to the faith. we are both 35M.. so probably looking for around the 25-45 age range but a bit older or younger obviously isn't a big deal.. thank you!

Hey all! A friend and I are looking for a few people to start a weekly bible study with.. it'll be in a facebook group chat. we'll maybe do 3 chapters a week or so but that'll really be up to the group to discuss and decide on. He has been a Christian for a while now but has never really done a deep dive into the bible. I am new to the faith. we are both 35M.. so probably looking for around the 25-45 age range but a bit older or younger obviously isn't a big deal.. thank you!

So, why the age restriction? Isn't a person who's known and walked with God from their youth into old age better able to contribute to a Bible study than a 25 or 35-year-old who's hardly got started with God?

Is there a spiritually-mature man who's leading/teaching you all? Are you wanting to be taught by one who's enjoying deep, rich, daily fellowship with God and who knows well His word? Or are you just going to be pooling ignorance and hoping wisdom will result?

Luke 6:39
39 He also told them a parable: “Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit?

You might want to check out: www.ttb.org

Last edited:
So, why the age restriction? Isn't a person who's known and walked with God from their youth into old age better able to contribute to a Bible study than a 25 or 35-year-old who's hardly got started with God?

Is there a spiritually-mature man who's leading/teaching you all? Are you wanting to be taught by one who's enjoying deep, rich, daily fellowship with God and who knows well His word? Or are you just going to be pooling ignorance and hoping wisdom will result?

Luke 6:39
39 He also told them a parable: “Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit?

You might want to check out: www.ttb.org
Hi Tenchi, thanks for the response! The age range is more of a suggestion than a rule. I just figured people around the same age might communicate a bit better together but of course all are welcome (including yourself). We welcomed a member into the group yesterday that is 52 and am talking to another who is 24 who is also interested in joining. we really aren't strict on the age thing, it really is just more of a suggestion and not a big deal as I stated in the post.

As for a "spiritually-mature man" to lead us, we have people with all different experience levels. we have one who has been studying the bible most of his life, one for the last decade or so, one who is familiar with the bible but hasn't really done a deep dive (myself) and 1 or 2 who are completely new to the faith, all are welcome! We may stumble a bit along the way but that is the point, we hope to learn and grow together and mistakes are learning. I would hope you agree that it is better to study the bible and maybe make a few mistakes along the way than to not study it at all?
I believe nobody has all the answers and that there definitely isn't always a right answer but any questions or confusions we may have with a specific verse along the way, we can always take to our pastors on Sunday!

Thank you for your reply!
-Jay

There's a Bible Study forum right here on CFnet. You could just start a discussion thread in that forum and go from there.

Hi Tenchi, thanks for the response! The age range is more of a suggestion than a rule.

Glad to hear it. The Church has become so fractured, tribalized, Christians separating out from one another on the basis of age, marital status, sex, economics, politics - you name it - instead of uniting together in Christ.

As for a "spiritually-mature man" to lead us, we have people with all different experience levels.

Yes, I gathered that. But is there teaching going on by someone senior in the faith, or just a pooling of views/opinions about the Bible, all of them treated as equal, no one sufficiently well-versed in Scripture and walking with God to say what's in error and what isn't?

We may stumble a bit along the way but that is the point, we hope to learn and grow together and mistakes are learning. I would hope you agree that it is better to study the bible and maybe make a few mistakes along the way than to not study it at all?

Stumbling can have catastrophic results when it comes to God's Truth. And how will you know if you've stumbled?

Anyway, studying the Bible is absolutely crucial for Christians but not as a data collection process, as it often becomes, but as a means of coming to know directly and personally the divine Author of the Bible and being transformed by Him.
I believe nobody has all the answers

Right. But some have a good deal more of them than others. It seems...wise to me to have such a person guiding the "ship" of your Bible study, don't you?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back