Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What You Need To Know About Sickness And Healing Pt. 2

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The same thing that was done with our sins was done with our sicknesses and diseases, Jesus bore them.**1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree. So, God took the sins of mankind and laid them on Jesus. And that's the same thing God did with our sicknesses and diseases.**Isaiah 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows. So, if you believe Jesus took your sins so likewise believe he took your sicknesses and diseases. Don't base what you believe by a sicknesses in your body. Now, understand how God sees it, it says Jesus bore ours and if he bore ours that leaves us free(in the spirit), just like Abraham was a father of many nations in the spirit yet while his body was dead physically. Notice, Romans 4:19 Being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb. In other words flesh was not his evidence of something being done by God. Abraham just received what God told him by faith. And if you are going to receive from God by faith flesh is not your evidence. What does Hebrews 11:1 say, 11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Well, faith and the word are one Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach. So, if it's by faith flesh is not your evidence the word is.

In Luke 17:12-14 the case of the 10 lepers: 12 And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: 13 And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. 14 And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed. 15 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, 16 And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. 17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? 18 There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. 19 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole. Notice, what Jesus told him, Your faith has made you whole so we are dealing with something that was done spiritually because faith deals with the spiritual. Notice, Jesus called them cleansed right in there condition, why? Because he was doing something on a spiritual level/in the spirit to be received physically by faith. Notice, what Jesus said in John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. What did he see the Father do call Abraham a father of many nations while his body was contrary. Just as God called him a father of many nation while his body was dead, Jesus is calling them cleansed while they are still lepers because those things were done on a spiritual level/in the spirit not in the physical.

By Jesus sending them to the priest he is calling them cleansed, because you didn't go to the priest until after you had evidence of being cleansed, Jesus words was their evidence not there flesh. And as they went they were cleansed or as they went they received. But, something had to be done for them to receive. They couldn't stand there and wait until they looked or felt better had they done that they probably would have died with it. Healing takes place in the spiritual and the manifestation of it takes place in the physical, in your body. People don't understand the dispensation they are in-dispensation The method or scheme according to which God carries out his purposes towards men is called a dispensation. According to the scriptures you are not in the dispensation of waiting on God, you are in the receiving dispensation, if He said you were healed how can you be waiting on him to heal. If I'm not mistaken were means something has already taken place. I liken receiving healing with eating out at a restaurant-you go to a restaurant, you give them your order/make your request, and then wait for them to fix it and bring it to you/meet your need, then after you are served you pay for it. That's how people think you get healed, they think you pray to God to be healed/make your request and then wait for him to do it, and after He do it then I'll thank him. That's not the dispensation you are in.

Notice, there is a different kind of restaurant where you pay first. When you pay first your provision is waiting on you and not you waiting on it. And your healing has already been paid for by the precious blood of Jesus. When you pay first you don't go sit down and wait to be served you help yourself. That's the dispensation we are in receiving and not waiting for the need to be met. In the first dispensation they don't start working to cure your hunger until you make your request, but in the second the cure for your hunger is made before any request is made. Sometimes people may think if the healing has been done why do I still have this condition, because they don't understand just the provision being made has no effect on you physically, it has to be received. Just like food is the cure for hunger and yet when you wake up in the morning you can have a refrigerator full of food, but that refrigerator full of food don't stop you from being hungry. That food has no effect on you until you receive it. So, just the provision being made doesn't help your hunger, it has to be received. And that's what God wants us to understand about healing our healing is there, but the healing being there in the spiritual realm doesn't stop the condition until you receive it. And when you receive it the condition will go. When you receive the food the hunger will go. Just like just the act of making Abraham a father of many nations had no effect on his body physically. It was done spiritually, but had no effect physically, because it had to be received. Same thing with the ten lepers something was done spiritually, but had no effect physically until it was received.

Don't base healing by a manifestation of a condition in your body base it on the word. Your flesh is not the evidence the word is. Proverbs 4:20-23 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. 23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Notice, God connects healing with the spiritual. That word health is translated-medicine, remedy, healing, cure. God says his word is medicine, remedy, healing, cure so his word works on a spiritual level. So, healing takes place in your body through your spirit. Treatment takes place through the body. Man's way of treatment is to put something in your body. God's way of healing is to put something in your spirit. When man tells you "There's no more they can do for you" that means it's past the point of treatment not past the point of healing. What man uses to treat you with is limited because everything they use comes from the creation. But, healing comes from the creator, Mark 10:27 says, what's impossible with man is possible with God, for with God all things are possible. What people have thought is that healing is just physical, but it's not. And when you think it's only physical then you will base healing by the manifestation of it and not the act of it. If God said you were healed what good would it do to wait for him to heal. Don't let flesh be your evidence, let the word be your evidence.

It is not God's will that any should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name (John 1:12). 1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

The same thing that was done with our sins was done with our sicknesses and diseases, Jesus bore them.**1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree. So, God took the sins of mankind and laid them on Jesus. And that's the same thing God did with our sicknesses and diseases.**Isaiah 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows. So, if you believe Jesus took your sins so likewise believe he took your sicknesses and diseases. Don't base what you believe by a sicknesses in your body. Now, understand how God sees it, it says Jesus bore ours and if he bore ours that leaves us free(in the spirit), just like Abraham was a father of many nations in the spirit yet while his body was dead physically. Notice, Romans 4:19 Being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb. In other words flesh was not his evidence of something being done by God. Abraham just received what God told him by faith. And if you are going to receive from God by faith flesh is not your evidence. What does Hebrews 11:1 say, 11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Well, faith and the word are one Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach. So, if it's by faith flesh is not your evidence the word is.

In Luke 17:12-14 the case of the 10 lepers: 12 And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: 13 And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. 14 And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed. 15 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, 16 And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. 17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? 18 There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. 19 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole. Notice, what Jesus told him, Your faith has made you whole so we are dealing with something that was done spiritually because faith deals with the spiritual. Notice, Jesus called them cleansed right in there condition, why? Because he was doing something on a spiritual level/in the spirit to be received physically by faith. Notice, what Jesus said in John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. What did he see the Father do call Abraham a father of many nations while his body was contrary. Just as God called him a father of many nation while his body was dead, Jesus is calling them cleansed while they are still lepers because those things were done on a spiritual level/in the spirit not in the physical.

By Jesus sending them to the priest he is calling them cleansed, because you didn't go to the priest until after you had evidence of being cleansed, Jesus words was their evidence not there flesh. And as they went they were cleansed or as they went they received. But, something had to be done for them to receive. They couldn't stand there and wait until they looked or felt better had they done that they probably would have died with it. Healing takes place in the spiritual and the manifestation of it takes place in the physical, in your body. People don't understand the dispensation they are in-dispensation The method or scheme according to which God carries out his purposes towards men is called a dispensation. According to the scriptures you are not in the dispensation of waiting on God, you are in the receiving dispensation, if He said you were healed how can you be waiting on him to heal. If I'm not mistaken were means something has already taken place. I liken receiving healing with eating out at a restaurant-you go to a restaurant, you give them your order/make your request, and then wait for them to fix it and bring it to you/meet your need, then after you are served you pay for it. That's how people think you get healed, they think you pray to God to be healed/make your request and then wait for him to do it, and after He do it then I'll thank him. That's not the dispensation you are in.

Notice, there is a different kind of restaurant where you pay first. When you pay first your provision is waiting on you and not you waiting on it. And your healing has already been paid for by the precious blood of Jesus. When you pay first you don't go sit down and wait to be served you help yourself. That's the dispensation we are in receiving and not waiting for the need to be met. In the first dispensation they don't start working to cure your hunger until you make your request, but in the second the cure for your hunger is made before any request is made. Sometimes people may think if the healing has been done why do I still have this condition, because they don't understand just the provision being made has no effect on you physically, it has to be received. Just like food is the cure for hunger and yet when you wake up in the morning you can have a refrigerator full of food, but that refrigerator full of food don't stop you from being hungry. That food has no effect on you until you receive it. So, just the provision being made doesn't help your hunger, it has to be received. And that's what God wants us to understand about healing our healing is there, but the healing being there in the spiritual realm doesn't stop the condition until you receive it. And when you receive it the condition will go. When you receive the food the hunger will go. Just like just the act of making Abraham a father of many nations had no effect on his body physically. It was done spiritually, but had no effect physically, because it had to be received. Same thing with the ten lepers something was done spiritually, but had no effect physically until it was received.

Don't base healing by a manifestation of a condition in your body base it on the word. Your flesh is not the evidence the word is. Proverbs 4:20-23 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. 23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Notice, God connects healing with the spiritual. That word health is translated-medicine, remedy, healing, cure. God says his word is medicine, remedy, healing, cure so his word works on a spiritual level. So, healing takes place in your body through your spirit. Treatment takes place through the body. Man's way of treatment is to put something in your body. God's way of healing is to put something in your spirit. When man tells you "There's no more they can do for you" that means it's past the point of treatment not past the point of healing. What man uses to treat you with is limited because everything they use comes from the creation. But, healing comes from the creator, Mark 10:27 says, what's impossible with man is possible with God, for with God all things are possible. What people have thought is that healing is just physical, but it's not. And when you think it's only physical then you will base healing by the manifestation of it and not the act of it. If God said you were healed what good would it do to wait for him to heal. Don't let flesh be your evidence, let the word be your evidence.

It is not God's will that any should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name (John 1:12). 1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Hello Frank Broom, Great post, Thank you for sharing.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Hello Frank Broom, Great post, Thank you for sharing.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back