What's new
  • Do not use Chrome Incognito when registering as it freezes the registration page.
  • Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses

Would you be in support of banning the Koran in the USA?

Would you be in support of banning the Koran in the USA?

  • 1. YES. God yes! We are at war with theses heathens and need to root out the ideologies of this fals

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    13
R

RichardE40K

Guest
Relgion should not be able to rule a country, America and Engalnd (Where I live) are free nations. Thus they should have fair laws not based on relgion. So I suppose they are more nations then relgios nations. I can only speack for Engalnd but I know that is not a christian country. YEs we have christians like me, but down the road there is a Church, then a mosque, then a johava whitness hall, then a place of worship for jews, temple. And thats in a small area! England is every relgion and other lol.
 
Joined
Mar 16, 2003
Messages
18,231
Gender
Male
Christian
Yes
RichardE40K said:
... YEs we have christians like me, but down the road there is a Church, then a mosque, then a johava whitness hall, then a place of worship for jews, temple. And thats in a small area! England is every relgion and other lol.
Similar situation here:

 
R

RichardE40K

Guest
Good, I never said It wasnt, I just dint know but thank you for informing me ^^. God bless. ^.^
 
Joined
Mar 16, 2003
Messages
18,231
Gender
Male
Christian
Yes
RichardE40K said:
Good, I never said It wasnt, I just dint know but thank you for informing me ^^. God bless. ^.^
No problem, I just felt like playing with my Google Earth program. :-D
 
R

RichardE40K

Guest
Hey my house is blurred on that programe! Stupid british maps, and the town right next to us is all detailed.... lucky....*mumbles*
 
C

cheese

Guest
RichardE40K said:
Relgion should not be able to rule a country, America and Engalnd (Where I live) are free nations. Thus they should have fair laws not based on relgion. So I suppose they are more nations then relgios nations. I can only speack for Engalnd but I know that is not a christian country. YEs we have christians like me, but down the road there is a Church, then a mosque, then a johava whitness hall, then a place of worship for jews, temple. And thats in a small area! England is every relgion and other lol.
Thank you. So basically america is not so much a christian country in the sense that the government follows a christian ideology, but rather in the sense that its founders were christians and the majority of the population are also christian?

Returning to the thread topic, if the above is the case, then no-one at all can have the right to limit the religious activity of any other religious group, by banning their religious text.

However, would anyone agree with me in saying that IF the US was actually a christian country, applying christian ideology at a government level and following the law provided by the bible, then it would be justified to limit (to a certain extent) the activity of other religious groups in the country to the effect that it would not influence the christian citizens by 'corrupting' them away from the true path of christianity?

And by limiting i do not mean by being injust- the ability to for others to practise would still exist however not in any form that it would impose a threat to christain citizens by opposing their laws and way of life. For example, say a particular religious group allows homosexuality, however this is against the christain law, so followers of such a religion will be limited in their ability to practise this in public, however are given to freedom to practise this act in private, so that the welfare of the christian society is maintain and corruption from thte true path of Jesus is avoided.

The above is basically how it would work in an Islamic country, and my main aim in presenting the issue above was in reply to Garys previous post about the limits Islam imposes on others to practise their religion in public in an Islamic society.

I lok forward to your opinions on the thread topic in light of the above situation.

Peace.
 
G

Gary

Guest
Why Islam fails in the light of Jesus Christ

cheese said:
However, would anyone agree with me in saying that IF the US was actually a christian country, applying christian ideology at a government level and following the law provided by the bible, then it would be justified to limit (to a certain extent) the activity of other religious groups in the country to the effect that it would not influence the christian citizens by 'corrupting' them away from the true path of christianity?
No, I would not agree at all. There is nothing in Christianity which prevents you, as a Muslim, trying to promote Islam. Your assumption is incorrect and your conclusion is therefore faulty.

As I already said:

Gary said:
Expose the Quran by the light of the Bible and the Gospel.

Expose Muhammad by the example of Jesus.
They are like night (Quran/Muhammad) and day (Bible/Jesus Christ)!

:flasingsmile:
 
J

Jay T

Guest
cheese said:
3. How would YOU feel if you lived in a non-christian country and found that they wanted to ban the bible?

Peace.
We already live in a country where some Christian forum groups will not....allow certain Bible texts, to be brought up for discussion.

satan has already gained control (Revelation 12:9) of most of the churches of the USA......just look at Sunday worship servcies, which he has already established.....as per (Daniel 7:25....'think to change times and laws').
 
C

cheese

Guest
Re: Why Islam fails in the light of Jesus Christ

Gary said:
No, I would not agree at all. There is nothing in Christianity which prevents you, as a Muslim, trying to promote Islam. Your assumption is incorrect and your conclusion is therefore faulty.
ok then. Its not my problem that you dont take measures to prevent the people of your nation (assuming it was a christian nation following the christian ideology at a government level) from falling into sin by the influence of people who follow different beleif systems.

satan has already gained control (Revelation 12:9) of most of the churches of the USA......just look at Sunday worship servcies, which he has already established.....as per (Daniel 7:25....'think to change times and laws').
Although I cant directly relate to how satan may have influenced your churches, as i am rather ignorant on the topic, i assure you, your religion is not the only one that suffers at the hand of satan, such a thing is common in the Muslim world also. Corruption is everywhere, sadly.
 
G

Gary

Guest
Re: Why Islam fails in the light of Jesus Christ

Gary said:
No, I would not agree at all. There is nothing in Christianity which prevents you, as a Muslim, trying to promote Islam. Your assumption is incorrect and your conclusion is therefore faulty.
cheese said:
ok then. Its not my problem that you dont take measures to prevent the people of your nation (assuming it was a christian nation following the christian ideology at a government level) from falling into sin by the influence of people who follow different beleif systems.
Finally you admit that Islam and Christianity are different w.r.t. religious tolerance. Your analogy to try and equate the antiquated laws and restrictions of Islam to Christianity were shown to be invalid.

Can you now understand why Christians feel aggrieved that Islam is so weak that it has to protect itself with all sorts of apostacy laws and restrictions on religious worship and restrictions on expansion by non-Islamic religions?

You have even admitted that there is no "Islamic" country which follows Shia law completely. Hence any attempt to use that as an excuse for your religious intolerance is again misplaced and incorrect.

:sad
 
S

Soma-Sight

Guest
Finally you admit that Islam and Christianity are different w.r.t. religious tolerance. Your analogy to try and equate the antiquated laws and restrictions of Islam to Christianity were shown to be invalid.
I am learning that religion has little to do with how compassionate or tolerant one is....

Tolerance and compassion has to do with how secure you are with your own spiritual walk and where you are on the maturity ladder.

Many insecure people flock to religion to get a feeling of superiority and protection from the existential depression that plagues the world.

Instead of working on their own souls they look outword to try and fill the gap inside by exposing flaws in others.

The result is Jihad.
 
C

cheese

Guest
Can you now understand why Christians feel aggrieved that Islam is so weak that it has to protect itself with all sorts of apostacy laws and restrictions on religious worship and restrictions on expansion by non-Islamic religions?
Islam is not weak. People are weak. Thats why they need protection.

You have even admitted that there is no "Islamic" country which follows Shia law completely. Hence any attempt to use that as an excuse for your religious intolerance is again misplaced and incorrect.
What does the fact that there is no Islamic country that follows Sharia (note: NOT Shia. Shia is a so called sect of Islam, Sharia is that name of Islamic law) have to do with anything? Using it as an excuse fo what exactly?
 
G

Gary

Guest
Like the Afghanistans --- what a joke!

Gary said:
Can you now understand why Christians feel aggrieved that Islam is so weak that it has to protect itself with all sorts of apostacy laws and restrictions on religious worship and restrictions on expansion by non-Islamic religions?
cheese said:
Islam is not weak. People are weak. Thats why they need protection.
Like the Taliban (the closest you have ever got to Shari'a rule) "protected" the people of Afghanistan, especially the women!

:o :o
 
C

cheese

Guest
Yes thats right the Taliban did protect their people, especially the women, until America destroyed them. Forget anything you know about the taliban, its a bunch a media exxagerated lies.

Want an example? The media makes the biggest deal about a bunch of photographs showing women being moved out of a hospital, and then making claims of things like 'look at how the taliban treat their women' and then when the taliban got word of this story they gave out the other side of the story, that the only reason the women were being moved out was because they were being moved in to a new state of the art hospital!! oh what oppression! and did that story make as much of a hype in the media?? NO!

Do you even know what the country was like before the taliban?? everything was ruled by warlords who used to treat women like dirt, rape everywhere!! The taliban put a stop to this!

And tell me, have you heard of yvone riddly (sorry cant spell her name)? she was a western journalist who sneeked her way into some place she wasnt allowed to go, dressed up as a muslim women, however she was exposed when she dropped her camera from under her dress and was taken to a taliban prison, where she was treated very well indeed (compare to the current prisons set up by america)! and she was let out on the mere condition that when she leaves she reads the quran, she did so and was amazed by what she found and accepted islam, and she even said herself that the media totally exaggrerated the condition of the taliban, they were much better than what everyone thought they were.
 
J

Jay T

Guest
As the one-world religion is slowly making progress in taking over all world religions, the Koran's doctrines plus the doctrines of all other religions will be replaced by the Mark of the Beast's doctrines which will reign 'almost' supreme throughout the world in the end......but for the few who keep all of God's commandments, having the faith of Jesus Christ.
 
G

Gary

Guest
All of God's commandments?

JayT the SDA said:
...but for the few who keep all of God's commandments
Really JayT... do you keep ALL the other 613 commandments in the Old Testament as well?

:biggrin
 
J

Jay T

Guest
Re: All of God's commandments?

Gary said:
JayT the SDA said:
...but for the few who keep all of God's commandments
Really JayT... do you keep ALL the other 613 commandments in the Old Testament as well?

:biggrin
From your statement here....I see you have not read your Bible much....as any student of the scriptures realize that at the cross of Jesus at Calvary, Christ abolished many of the laws that were only shadows.

The 10 commandments as written by Christ on Mt. Sinai, remain with us today....and will be used on the Day of God's Judgment to condemn or justify, both Christians or non0Christians.
 
G

Gary

Guest
The difference between abolished and fulfilled

JayT the SDA said:
...but for the few who keep all of God's commandments
Gary said:
Really JayT... do you keep ALL the other 613 commandments in the Old Testament as well?

:biggrin
JayT the SDA said:
From your statement here....I see you have not read your Bible much....as any student of the scriptures realize that at the cross of Jesus at Calvary, Christ abolished many of the laws that were only shadows.

The 10 commandments as written by Christ on Mt. Sinai, remain with us today....and will be used on the Day of God's Judgment to condemn or justify, both Christians or non0Christians.
I see from your statements that you may read the Bible but you don't understand it. Jesus did not abolish the laws. Jesus fulfilled the laws... a huge difference.

I am sure you have a Bible. Here it is in Jesus' words:

Matthew said:
(Jesus said) "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." Matthew 5:17
But you have not explained which laws He fulfilled (NOT abolished) and which laws you still think you need to follow. Do you think he fulfilled 603 of the 613 Old Testament laws?

:)

P.S. Do you not believe that Jesus set higher standards than the 10 commandments? For instance, consider the commandment "You shall not murder" Exodus 20:13. Was that not superceded by Jesus? Would not the same be true for "You shall not commit adultery" Exodus 20:14

I can quote the New Testament commandments of Jesus w.r.t. these laws if you like.

:wink:
 
D

DivineNames

Guest
Re: The difference between abolished and fulfilled

Gary said:
I see from your statements that you may read the Bible but you don't understand it. Jesus did not abolish the laws. Jesus fulfilled the laws... a huge difference.

So if the laws aren't abolished, then who do they apply to today?
 

Site Goal

Total amount
$295.00
Goal
$5,020.00