Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

“Not In The Flesh”

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Don't know why you're so hung-up on this phrase, but if you must know, that is just a phrase I used to express the vulnerability that ignorance can place one.
Thank you.
I was thinking it might be a phrase used by the JWs or Mormons.
If one is unaware (ignorant) of the evils of the two manuscripts used for all translating Scripture,
What are you talking about ?
they are in a state of open exposure (vulnerable to attack). Not that a wrong translation can affect one's salvation, but affect spiritual growth. It's all about spiritual growth now, since salvation has been obtained.
I trust God has the power to get everyone converted, regardless of what they read.
The heart of the true searcher for righteousness will reveal to them the errors of what they read.

So sin serves a purpose in the perfecting process. Which also, at least partially, answers the question, "Why does God allow sin to continue.?
I think we still have the "old man" (sin nature) so we can continue to learn from it, and continue to exercise our faith in Christ's expiation for or sins.

Why would the new creature have the old nature ?
This is seen in Paul's Dichotomy in Ro 7. Some mistakenly think chapter 7 is Paul's life prior to conversion. Rom 7 and 8 parallel this struggle of the Christian when he declared he was "free from the law of sin and death" (8:2). We are free from the law, sin and death (second death - Rev 2:11). Though the old man is still in us (Ro 7:17, 20), we are no longer in it (Ro 8:9).

It can no longer cause us to desire sin, but continue to hate it. One good thing about the indwelling of the old man is that we continue to learn God's holiness from it, and we continue to exercise our faith in Christ's expiation for our sins; and this glorifies God.

This is seen in Paul's Dichotomy in Ro 7. Some mistakenly think chapter 7 is Paul's life prior to conversion. Rom 7 and 8 parallel this struggle of the Christian when he declared he was "free from the law of sin and death" (8:2). We are free from the law, sin and death (second death - Rev 2:11). Though the old man is still in us (Ro 7:17, 20), we are no longer in it (Ro 8:9).
I don't agree, as there is enough information in Rom 6, 7, and 8, to show Paul is talking about his past in the "flesh", during the pre-conversion narrative of Rom 7.
It can no longer cause us to desire sin, but continue to hate it. One good thing about the indwelling of the old man is that we continue to learn God's holiness from it, and we continue to exercise our faith in Christ's expiation for our sins; and this glorifies God.
I see...do evil so good will come from it .
That evil idea has already been debunked by Paul in Rom 6.
Your devaluing of the new man, and the new, divine nature, nullify rebirth from God's own seed.

Your devaluing of the new man, and the new, divine nature, nullify rebirth from God's own seed.

God knew they would partake of the "Tree" and then be able to see what evil is. They didn't know what evil was, just what was right and wrong, until the sin (Gen 3:11). To know God's holiness you have to know what evil is. It's all part of His plan of salvation.

When they sinned, one cannot imagine that God said, "they weren't suppose to do that!"

God knew they would partake of the "Tree" and then be able to see what evil is. They didn't know what evil was, just what was right and wrong, until the sin (Gen 3:11). To know God's holiness you have to know what evil is. It's all part of His plan of salvation.
You are justifying sin.
If one has a conscience, they know what is evil.
When they sinned, one cannot imagine that God said, "they weren't suppose to do that!"
That is ridiculous.
God gave them the command, so He knew they weren't supposed to eat of that tree.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back