Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

14 year old girl accused of burning pages of Quoran

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
A

AlexBC

I'm not sure how many are aware of this story-

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...rested-blasphemy-burning-quran_n_1809105.html

It's no wonder that so many have an irrational fear of Islam when certain arms of Islam itself act this irrationally.

How does a religion that professes peace, love etc produce followers who want to kill/prosecute a mentally handicapped, illiterate child for burning a book?!

I was disturbed by the "Burn a copy of the Quoran" event that was widely popular earlier this year but if my burning a copy of the Quoran drew attention away from this girl and onto me i'd gladly do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
"From the reports I have seen, she was found carrying a waste bag which also had pages of the Koran," he said.

"This infuriated some local people and a large crowd gathered to demand action against her. The police were initially reluctant to arrest her, but they came under a lot of pressure from a very large crowd, who were threatening to burn down Christian homes."

Mob rule + appeasement = injustice. Anyone else see the parallel here to the arrest of George Zimmerman?

"From the reports I have seen, she was found carrying a waste bag which also had pages of the Koran," he said.

"This infuriated some local people and a large crowd gathered to demand action against her. The police were initially reluctant to arrest her, but they came under a lot of pressure from a very large crowd, who were threatening to burn down Christian homes."

Mob rule + appeasement = injustice. Anyone else see the parallel here to the arrest of George Zimmerman?

That's the exact formula that's at work here.

It's sad that so much has come down on this little girl over what is rumor. No burnt pieces of any Koran have been found and no one can confirm whether anyone actually saw her burning these pages.

She's essentially in prison right now with an adult population because releasing her would put her in danger. Hard to believe that there is even talk of a life sentence being handed down.

I was also disgusted by the lawyer for the accuser who I believe is representing his client pro bono. He said something along the lines of "i'm doing this for God". Sickening.

Thank God for the general moderation of the Christian faith.

That's the exact formula that's at work here.

It's sad that so much has come down on this little girl over what is rumor. No burnt pieces of any Koran have been found and no one can confirm whether anyone actually saw her burning these pages.

She's essentially in prison right now with an adult population because releasing her would put her in danger. Hard to believe that there is even talk of a life sentence being handed down.

I was also disgusted by the lawyer for the accuser who I believe is representing his client pro bono. He said something along the lines of "i'm doing this for God". Sickening.

Thank God for the general moderation of the Christian faith.

Richard Dawkins is reported as saying:

There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings. I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death. I have mixed feelings about the decline in Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse.

Richard Dawkins is reported as saying:

There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings. I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death. I have mixed feelings about the decline in Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse.
we should join hands in opposing islam. then we could keep duking it out in peace :lol

we should join hands in opposing islam. then we could keep duking it out in peace :lol

I'm not opposed to Islam. Any religion can get out of hand and become as extreme as some arms of the Islamic faith have become. I wish they would just develop a sense of humour.

I'm not opposed to Islam. Any religion can get out of hand and become as extreme as some arms of the Islamic faith have become. I wish they would just develop a sense of humour.

christianity has at least settled down, it was in the middle ages like islam is right now.

UPDATE: A muslim cleric has been arrested for planting evidence to frame the girl. But, the girl still isn't out of trouble. God willing, the girl will be freed and the Pakistani Christian community will find more tolerance, as a result.

A frequent theme in the New Testament was how Jesus and the disciples clashed with what were the religious authorities (Matthew 23), who were said to appear outwardly righteous but inwardly unclean and who wanted death on others for the charge of blasphemy (Matthew 26:65). Paul himself was once this way (Acts 26:10-11) and suffered his own such trial (Acts 22 to Acts 28). Caught in the middle were the civil authorities of the day, the Romans, who had some sympathy for the accused but balanced justice with appeasing the populace in the name of maintaining order (Matthew 27:15-26).

So, we see today the caving, "The police were initially reluctant to arrest her, but they came under a lot of pressure from a very large crowd..." and the rationalization, "Blasphemy by anyone cannot be condoned but no one will be allowed to misuse blasphemy law for settling personal scores," in a delicate attempt of the civil authorities to maintain order. May God weigh heavily on the hearts of the accusers the truth of the matter: that they are the ones that deserve to be condemned.

Mosaic law calls for the death of blasphemers. The Pharisees weren't wrong about Mosaic law, they were wrong about accusing Jesus of blasphemy.

Arguably, blasphemy is the greatest of all sins. Yet, many Christians seem to pride themselves in not caring about blasphemy. "Oh, another Hollywood movie with a dozen blasphemies. Oh well. But, there's a guy smoking. Not a guy smoking! And, that Jewish man in the movie had a big nose -- that movie is anti-semitic for stereotyping Jews! Spielberg's casting of Silverman as Jew shows you how anti-semitic Hollywood has become!" (My hyperbole aside, it can be a hoot to read Christian movie reviews.)

Speaking of Moses, look what he did: "...And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables....and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount...." (Exodus 32:15-20; Deuteronomy 9:17; Deuteronomy 10:1-2). God and Moses were angry with the people for breaking a commandment written in the tables (against idolatry), but there's doesn't appear to be any evidence that God was angry with, let alone punished, Moses for (rashly) breaking the tables. Should this settle the matter? It says three separate times that Moses broke the tables, which were not just God's word but were the originals written in God's own hand. But in the Quran, it says that Moses did not break the tables! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments#Islam.

Well I have started order free Quaran's on-line so I can have a burning. Not that I think it means anything but to show them that in some places freedom still exist.

I am also trying to work a deal with a local slaughter house to get pig's blood from them so I can bottle it and send it too all our troops in Muslim countries. They can dip there bullets in is so the Muslims think they won't make it to heaven if they get shot by one of the bullets.

The disciples didn't do things out of spite.

I just think it's time we Americans stood up against this Terriost group and show we have no fear of them. It also shows them that nothing bad happens because someone burns paper that has ink on it and no one really goes to hell for touching pork. :)

Back