Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] 3 John 1:2Amplified Bible (AMP)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What does this mean to you?
That Christians prosper and be successful in every area of our life - including our health. Hebrews 4:11 says it like this, "Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief." In other words trust and rest in the finish works of our savior Lord Jesus Christ. "IT IS FINISHED"

Dear Brother iLOVE, I’ll just paste an excerpt from the booklet “Christian Sufferings” I wrote pertaining to prospering in Christ.

Phil 3:8. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus, my Lord; for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but refuse, THAT I MAY WIN CHRIST. Paul is saved and has Jesus living in his earthen body and knows without a doubt that he possesses eternal life. What does Paul mean by wanting to win Christ when he already has him? Paul said in (Phil 3:13-14), Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended; but this one thing I do, forgetting those things that are behind, and reaching forth unto those things that are before. I press toward the mark FOR THE PRIZE of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. The prize is winning Jesus as bridegroom and ruling with him as joint heirs.

Phil 3:9. And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.

2 Tim 1:8. Be not though, therefore, ashamed of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner; but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God.

1 Tim 4:10. For, therefore, we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the savior of all men, specially of those that believe. Repeating (2 Cor 11:30) using the NIV > Paul says, if I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness - It seems the sufferings he endured were counted by him as prosperous to his soul and life. He considered himself to be prospering and healthy only in the context of how his life was prospering in things pertaining to winning Christ.

Dear Brother iLOVE, I’ll just paste an excerpt from the booklet “Christian Sufferings” I wrote pertaining to prospering in Christ.

Phil 3:8. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus, my Lord; for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but refuse, THAT I MAY WIN CHRIST. Paul is saved and has Jesus living in his earthen body and knows without a doubt that he possesses eternal life. What does Paul mean by wanting to win Christ when he already has him? Paul said in (Phil 3:13-14), Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended; but this one thing I do, forgetting those things that are behind, and reaching forth unto those things that are before. I press toward the mark FOR THE PRIZE of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. The prize is winning Jesus as bridegroom and ruling with him as joint heirs.

Phil 3:9. And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.

2 Tim 1:8. Be not though, therefore, ashamed of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner; but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God.

1 Tim 4:10. For, therefore, we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the savior of all men, specially of those that believe. Repeating (2 Cor 11:30) using the NIV > Paul says, if I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness - It seems the sufferings he endured were counted by him as prosperous to his soul and life. He considered himself to be prospering and healthy only in the context of how his life was prospering in things pertaining to winning Christ.
Brother Eugene,
What does labor mean to you?

That Christians prosper and be successful in every area of our life - including our health. Hebrews 4:11 says it like this, "Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief." In other words trust and rest in the finish works of our savior Lord Jesus Christ. "IT IS FINISHED"
The Just Live by Faith
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ,[a] for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.” Romans 1:16-17 NKJV

Whenever you are going to live by faith you leave the realm of the five senses. If you are in the five senses you are not by faith. So how do you verify? You verify by faith. What is faith? It's the substance of things hoped for the evidence and proof of things that you can't see. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. Galatians 3:9

You must believe something before you can actually see it. This is how the Kingdom works. Believing is a action. The Gospel puts many in a uncomfortable situations because they want to be accepted by everybody. They don't want nothing to look like it may go wrong because people may laugh at them and they might not accept them.

Gods word works from the inside out..that you first receive it with your spirit. And then it works itself out to your mind and it works itself out to your body. And nothing can stop its operation. Amen

Last edited:
Brother Eugene,
What does labor mean to you?
Hi again, in this instance I believe the word “Labor” it to be putting forth an effort in order to achieve the goal before them. I reckon what I was getting at is that there has been the “Prosper & be in good health” doctrines floating around, and we look at the Apostle Paul’s life of suffering for the gospel, and I just have to ask if anyone thinks he had faith. In fact we’re told to follow him as he followed Christ in 1 Cor 11:1.

I do not think the things God works in our lives are always the results of a lack of faith.

Hi again, in this instance I believe the word “Labor” it to be putting forth an effort in order to achieve the goal before them. I reckon what I was getting at is that there has been the “Prosper & be in good health” doctrines floating around, and we look at the Apostle Paul’s life of suffering for the gospel, and I just have to ask if anyone thinks he had faith. In fact we’re told to follow him as he followed Christ in 1 Cor 11:1.

I do not think the things God works in our lives are always the results of a lack of faith.

I don't see this verse in the context of a promise that one Will prosper and be in good health as their soul prospers. I see it as a simple prayer that John prayed for his friend Gaius.

I see that this prayer is Asking that, As your soul prospers in the understanding and knowledge of the Lord, that He will bless you and keep you safe from harm, in the same measure that your soul prospers.
I believe that John was praying a blessing over his friend.

First, I see this as a "standard" greeting and salutation that was in widespread use in those days in all manner of correspondence. We find this same sentiment in any number of secular writings of the time.

But I think it also had a deeper, and more sincere meaning for those Christians when they used it.

Back