Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

50 shades of gray.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I keep hearing about this book, but as I spend as much time as possible avoiding secular media, I have no idea what it is.

1. What is the book about?
2. How bad is it really?

I know apparently it is filth, but i was wondering why it is so popular. Usually it is due to media manipulation because the hidden hand wants people to read it. Please assist me if you know anything about it.

Chris.

I think it's media hype... that translates into book sales, which then promotes it as must be a "great book".

I read a number of secular websites and one had this selection as part of it's book club... I read the comments of those who read the book and almost all of them said that it was not at all well written. After reading the comments, I get the idea that it's on the literary level of the "Twilight" books, but with a lot of graphic sex.

Which was all I needed to know to decide to pass on it... I couldn't even get through the Twilight books.

I think it's media hype... that translates into book sales, which then promotes it as must be a "great book".

I read a number of secular websites and one had this selection as part of it's book club... I read the comments of those who read the book and almost all of them said that it was not at all well written. After reading the comments, I get the idea that it's on the literary level of the "Twilight" books, but with a lot of graphic sex.

Which was all I needed to know to decide to pass on it... I couldn't even get through the Twilight books.

Ah that explains a lot, twilight and sex, I don't know what's wrong with people these days, from the days when D.H Lawrence was banned, now that sort of thing is top notch bestseller material.

it is a fan fiction of twilight yes but its much more than just plain sex, this is about bsdm and dominates and subs very sexual and the male spanks the female. and the book is extremely descriptive of every sexual encounter. the book describes the body parts and the sex in very graphic details.

this is going to come out really wrong, but i actually like the book other than those parts which i skipped when i saw they were coming.

I am tired of hearing about this book. I'm also saddened by the amount of "Christians" I know who have read it and praise it. It is smut!

I haven't read the book.

I've seen Christians on FFN post fanfictions with sex in them. There was even one I really liked--the point of the story was a noteworthy one (that sex outside of marriage can have consequences) and it didn't go into details. But I eventually decided to leave it alone because it was written in such a way that the mature-ish parts still made me have some lustful thoughts.

It does bug me that other Christians would encourage such things, but that's between them and God I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read the book.

I've seen Christians on FFN post fanfictions with sex in them. There was even one I really liked--the point of the story was a noteworthy one (that sex outside of marriage can have consequences) and it didn't go into details. But I eventually decided to leave it alone because it was written in such a way that the mature-ish parts still made me have some lustful thoughts.

It does bug me that other Christians would encourage such things, but that's between them and God I guess.

Well obviously I haven't read the book, but this book is considered erotica. And yes, if Christians decide to read it, it is between them and God. However if you call yourself a Christian you shouldn't be reading it. It's plain and simple.

I agree. It's sinful.
That's the main reason I don't use FFN much anymore. Too tempting to look at the fanfictions with smut in them.

I read it, total crap. Terrible story line, weak writing. Sex sells in USA big time! The devil looks after his own and I'm embarrassed to even admit I read that filth. I hear the second book is better, but I won't be wasting my money!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back