Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

7 columbian youths hell testimony

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

dodgerfan2002

7 columbian youths claimed Jesus took them on a trip to hell. Read their testimony on freecdtracts.com

What bothered me about their testimony is that Jesus talked about a man in hell who accepted Him as personal savior, but he did not serve Him. Do we need to be serving God, in addition to our faith in Him, to go to heaven?

Also, it talked about how there were a lot of preachers, pastors, evangelists, etc. in the WORST places in hell. Jesus was saying that those who have walked away from him were cast into hell. So backsliders go to hell?

Do you think their testimony is true?

As a Christian I believe that salvation is a free gift from God by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. Of course, one needs to repent. But I think repentance means acknowledging that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior. I believe that you don't need to get rid of your sins to go to heaven (but you should anyways).

What do you guys think?

The Lord said you have to put Him above all others, summarized in the following quotes:

Luke 14:26 Whoever comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and even life itself, cannot be my disciple.

Luke 14:27 Whoever does not carry the cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.

Luke 14:33 So therefore, none of you can become my disciple if you do not give up all your possessions.

So maybe these people in hell didn't put the Lord above all others and still had a love for earthly possessions; this is basically idolatry, because if anything comes before the Lord then the Lord is not as important as the thing you put above Him (this sentence is quite confusing sorry :wink: ).

The Bible clearly states that if you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, you will have everlasting life. God recognizes that we are all sinners, and I would imagine that He understands that we would go through rough patches in our relationship with Him; everyone goes through good and bad times with their family and friends, and I think that this is no different to our relationship with the Lord. I think that as long as we repent and strive to keep our relationship healthy with the Almighty, we will have everlasting life with Him because He is forgiving and merciful.

Also, the various pastors and priests may have had a rather holier-than-thou sort of attitude, and the Lord said that (sorry I cant find where in the bible this is) Grace is a free gift that you can't boast about, and that everyone is a sinner, even Christians. So these various people probably bragged about how they have been saved, and (if they are catholic) that they have the power to expel sins or have been appointed by God to do something special.

I'm not sure if these youths' testimonies are true or not; they could be, and they may not be. But their testimonies aren't about to change the way I think of the Lord.

Finally, the Lord said (again I can't quote this straight off) that faith/grace leads to good deeds, and I think that if you don't do good deeds, you might not really have true faith.

I hope you can understand all this, I'm not really that good at english (strange because its my mother tongue)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back