Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

95% of Christians...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Maybe one can look at it from an indirect marketing angle.The way you behave and the peace and contentment which you have found being alive in Christ under everday working conditions or at home also radiates out and inspires others to "be Christlike".You must however do your best to remain consitant so that others see you as a "true ambasador" or representation of what Christianity is and what it means to not only you but others as well.They must see that it really works.One does not always have to "Bible Punch" although its also necessary in cirtain circumstances, most times its just the things you do and how you serve God that sends out just as good a message in drawing other lost souls to the flock;
I think this is what Reba was meaning rgarding posts placed here.I dont think one can pinpoint and use a scoreboard to ascirtain how many people one has directly influenced.
A preacher cant say either, He dilivers His message and hopes for the best, because the Spirit dose the actual work .We can only set things up and its up to the indervidual to accept or reject.Christ never forced or forces anyone to believe.God also leaves it to indervidual choice.Adam and Eve ignoring the "forbidden fruit test" for example.
Your Christian behaviour dose a lot more than one thinks in spreading the Good News.

I think it is a command to Preach the Gospel to all Creation.

That command was given to 11 men, all of whom were apostles. As Paul (also an apostle) says in the 4th chapter of Ephesians, some are apostles, not all.

The TOG​

That command was given to 11 men, all of whom were apostles. As Paul (also an apostle) says in the 4th chapter of Ephesians, some are apostles, not all.

The TOG​
And those men are all dead...and the instruction dies with them?

Matthew 10:32-33Expanded Bible (EXB)

32 “All those who ·stand before others and say they believe in me [L confess/acknowledge me before people], I will ·say before my Father in heaven that they belong to me [L confess/acknowledge them before my Father in heaven]. 33 But all who ·stand before others and say they do not believe in me [L deny/disown me before people] I will ·say before my Father in heaven that they do not belong to me [L also deny/disown them before my Father in heaven].

a light set on a hill is not to be covered up,
likewise a true believer in the midst of unbelievers stands out even if they don't say anything !
(there's so few true believers, not too many people are aware of this)

And those men are all dead...and the instruction dies with them?

There are still apostles and evangelists. Besides, if everybody is busy being an evangelist, nobody will have time to be a teacher, pastor, prophet or any of the other things God calls people to do.

The TOG​

The TOG

I'm sorry...if I'm being too inquisitive. Do you intend that telling someone about Christ is the sole responsibility of a particular group of people...and that one could show one's back to a lost sinner seeking help - and not lead him/her to Christ?

The Sunday School teacher quoted someone's statement and saying it is probably true. The statemet says that (I can't remeber the exact words): "95 % of Christian will live their whole lives without having a single convert...except maybe their children"

Scary.

Edit:
The original quote: "95% of Christians will never in their lifetimes lead another person to salvation except maybe their children.",

which I think is more scarier than my paraphrase

I would say no Christian leads anyone to Christ. Others may see Christ reflected in Christians, but it is God alone who gives anyone to Christ.

John 6:44; 44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

Greetings Classic! (O, most inquisitive :wink)

I have two thoughts in reply to your inquiry. The first is, "Our God is a Master fisherman," and the second? Well, the second will just have to wait until after I get the first one out. Sure, you've heard it before: "Our God IS a Master Fisherman." It's true.

And I don't mean a master like those guys who stand on the shore and cast their little nets out for fish to take home and fry... He's a master at fishing MEN. And, God takes what could be called "the long view" while we are told to be patient and to wait. Being a Master means that He must take care of his tools. So, he has to take care of HIS NET.

That's you. That's me. We are His.

Classic? Do you know that YOU are part of His net? Yep. You are. And every once in awhile, God reaches down and touches something inside of you. He might be picking out some stuff that looked pretty to you for a moment, some little bit of nothing - maybe it was
metallic and you really liked it == but maybe it also had some sharp edges on it too, so God had to reach in, take it out of you, and cast it away. We don't really know why He does stuff sometimes. But what we do know is that He loves us. He loves you. He loves more than I can say and more than you know. So He's not gonna let us get hurt when He uses us as a NET to catch others. First, we are prepared. We are told to become holy and set apart as HIS for a special purpose. That's the deal. That's why we are to become more and more like Him. It's because He cares for us and sometimes that means that we have to become still before HIM and to just trust Him to care for us like sons. Sometimes we have to let go of things. You've heard that it is good to sacrifice unto God? To take up your cross daily? To obey God and strive to carry each burden (for His burden is LIGHT) with joy!

So, yes. Your Father is a MASTER.

-AND-
Your Master Fisherman, who is your Father, cares for you so very much that to show us just how much He cares, He sent His only begotten Son to die for us so that we would not be harmed. And you understood that.

And we have agreed to let God be God and to let Him show us what it means to be HIS property. If you are His NET? If you are to be used as one of the 5% who help in the actual harvesting of souls, of leading others to Jesus and unto Salvation? Then what? Then BLESS GOD, for He is good and He has chosen us for this purpose.

SO - there's my first thought. Our God is a MASTER FISHERMAN and He cares for us so exquisitely and even more than any fisherman could care for a stupid dirty old net -- but if we look at what they really do? Much of their time is spent repairing and cleaning and caring for their net and tools. So that when they do cast? The reward is received 100%. And none are lost. You've heard about this. Jesus does not delay his return, but He is not willing that any should perish. We are becoming much more like HIM all the time. Eventually, we too shall be ready. He will do the work. He will make us ready. This is our promise, that if we confess our sin He is faithful and just to do what? To cleanse us from sin and to purge it from us too. He will get rid of our sin. We just need to let Him.

1 John 1:9 said:
But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness
The word "cleanse" has the same meaning as "purge" -- it means to get it out of us. Jesus will get all wickedness out of us. To quote the Church-Lady, "Now isn't that special?" It is.

But pardon the ramble. I said "two thoughts," right? Okay, I'll post my second thought in a moment. Take the time to ponder the fact that your Father cares so deeply for you that He will not risk you, even for the sake of the ones that shall be brought into the kingdom. Only God can do what shall be done!
:woot
Rev 5:5 said:
Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed.

!Sparrow

Last edited:
PART 2: The "Second Thought"

Okay, we've covered part of what I wanted to say in response to the observation that "95% of Christians will never in their lifetimes lead another person to salvation except maybe their children."

God cares for each of us and is not willng to allow harm to come even if we are used for good purpose. We should therefore become more pliant in His hands, more trusting and less stubborn and we should realize that He has plans for us, plans that He will bring about -- but He requires our God-Trust, our Faith, in order to perform His Will, His marvelous Will.

Now the second thought (ready?):

Here we go. I'll try to keep it short: God will not give HIS GLORY to another.

There's some things that God is possessive of because they belong to HIM and to nobody else. That's part of the reason why He chooses us. You've heard that where we are weak? There HE is strong? You've heard where there is much forgiven, there is much love? I am weak. I have been forgiven much. To tell you the truth? I'm glad of that. He takes the lost and the useless, the lame and the blind and the dumb --> and then uses us -- because nobody can look at you or me if we were doing good stuff - and say, "Gee! Aren't Sparrow and CLassik really, really great guys???" No. They will just have to know that God is involved here when they see that good and pure result, the salvation of another person; it simply can NOT come from our work. There is no way that I could or you could ever steal from God. It just can't happen. So one part is that God will not give HIS GLORY to another, nor should He. Right?

But that's not really the "second thought". So pardon me because I tend to think in many parts and when I speak, others see that I 'ramble' but in fact? I am on subject and on task but it's just not easy to say it clearly. So I try. And I ask that you forgive my wordiness.

Here's the second thought: it's found in a couple places in the Bible. This is just the way it is and I apologize in advance because I am about to switch metaphores from "fishing" to "farming". But that's okay, I hope. God uses many different metaphores and comparisons because He wants to speak in a way that we can understand. If he was speaking to us today He might use the computer and the internet as a metaphore... but that's too off-topic. The first thought is that our God is a MASTER Fisherman who cares for His net (us). He will not let harm come to His loved ones and instead works in all things for the good of them who love Him.

Here's the second thought in a nutshell. I'll give the Scripture because THIS is how PAUL replied to your inquiry, or rather, this is how the Holy Spirit answered your question so many years ago. He said it so much better than I could:

1 Corinthians 3:6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but ...

I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth.…

2 Corinthians 9:10 Now he who supplies seed to the sower ... God LOVES a cheerful giver!

Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.

I'll leave it up to you to look it up and study it out because I've already said too muchy. Much too muchy... bye for now, my friend! Know that God has plans for you. He knows what He wants for you and it's good. Good beyond your dream.

~Sparrow

Last edited:
I would say no Christian leads anyone to Christ. ...

Jude 1 Amplified Bible (AMP)
17 But you must remember, beloved, the predictions which were made by the apostles (the special messengers) of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
18 They told you beforehand, In the last days (in the end time) there will be scoffers [who seek to gratify their own unholy desires], following after their own ungodly passions.
19 It is these who are [agitators] setting up distinctions and causing divisions—merely sensual [creatures, carnal, worldly-minded people], devoid of the [Holy] Spirit and destitute of any higher spiritual life.
20 But you, beloved, build yourselves up [founded] on your most holy faith [make progress, rise like an edifice higher and higher], praying in the Holy Spirit;
21 Guard and keep yourselves in the love of God; expect and patiently wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah)—[which will bring you] unto life eternal.
22 And refute [so as to] convict some who dispute with you, and on some have mercy who waver and doubt.
23 [Strive to] save others, snatching [them] out of [the] fire; on others take pity [but] with fear, loathing even the garment spotted by the flesh and polluted by their sensuality.

24 Now to Him Who is able to keep you without stumbling or slipping or falling, and to present [you] unblemished (blameless and faultless) before the presence of His glory in triumphant joy and exultation [with unspeakable, ecstatic delight]—
25 To the one only God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory (splendor), majesty, might and dominion, and power and authority, before all time and now and forever (unto all the ages of eternity). Amen (so be it).

PART 2: The "Second Thought"

Okay, we've covered part of what I wanted to say in response to the observation that "95% of Christians will never in their lifetimes lead another person to salvation except maybe their children."

God cares for each of us and is not willng to allow harm to come even if we are used for good purpose. We should therefore become more pliant in His hands, more trusting and less stubborn and we should realize that He has plans for us, plans that He will bring about -- but He requires our God-Trust, our Faith, in order to perform His Will, His marvelous Will.

Now the second thought (ready?):

Here we go. I'll try to keep it short: God will not give HIS GLORY to another.

There's some things that God is possessive of because they belong to HIM and to nobody else. That's part of the reason why He chooses us. You've heard that where we are weak? There HE is strong? You've heard where there is much forgiven, there is much love? I am weak. I have been forgiven much. To tell you the truth? I'm glad of that. He takes the lost and the useless, the lame and the blind and the dumb --> and then uses us -- because nobody can look at you or me if we were doing good stuff - and say, "Gee! Aren't Sparrow and CLassik really, really great guys???" No. They will just have to know that God is involved here when they see that good and pure result, the salvation of another person; it simply can NOT come from our work. There is no way that I could or you could ever steal from God. It just can't happen. So one part is that God will not give HIS GLORY to another, nor should He. Right?

But that's not really the "second thought". So pardon me because I tend to think in many parts and when I speak, others see that I 'ramble' but in fact? I am on subject and on task but it's just not easy to say it clearly. So I try. And I ask that you forgive my wordiness.

Here's the second thought: it's found in a couple places in the Bible. This is just the way it is and I apologize in advance because I am about to switch metaphores from "fishing" to "farming". But that's okay, I hope. God uses many different metaphores and comparisons because He wants to speak in a way that we can understand. If he was speaking to us today He might use the computer and the internet as a metaphore... but that's too off-topic. The first thought is that our God is a MASTER Fisherman who cares for His net (us). He will not let harm come to His loved ones and instead works in all things for the good of them who love Him.

Here's the second thought in a nutshell. I'll give the Scripture because THIS is how PAUL replied to your inquiry, or rather, this is how the Holy Spirit answered your question so many years ago. He said it so much better than I could:

1 Corinthians 3:6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but ...

2 Corinthians 9:10 Now he who supplies seed to the sower ... God LOVES a cheerful giver!

I'll leave it up to you to look it up and study it out because I've already said too muchy. Much too muchy... bye for now, my friend! Know that God has plans for you. He knows what He wants for you and it's good. Good beyond your dream.

~Sparrow
Thanks, Sparrow.

However, do you think more then half the population of the world would be with the Lord forever and ever?

Thanks, Sparrow.

However, do you think more then half the population of the world would be with the Lord forever and ever?
First, I don't think that my thought is worth much because my best response to that particular question is:

:shrug "Duh, I dunno!"

But what do I know? Well, I know that the end of the age will involve a resounding victory. The culmination of the age is no little thing and God has planned this from the beginning so I know that it not gonna be a small thing and instead shall be something that shows forth His glory (even through us) to the extent that it is right to say that all creation shall rejoice. We've heard that the hills and the mountains shall clap their hands and although that is a poetic expression it does convey a certain triumphant procession and reason for celebration -- We are told that we do not receive because we do not ask, that we should ask that we may receive abundantly and exceedingly beyond all that we could hope for...

Eph 3:20 said:
Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

He is able to do immeasurably more than we ask for. Think of it this way: What do you think God will give His son as His reward? What does Justice say should be given to Jesus as a reward for what He has done? Do you think that God will give him a balloon and a party hat only? Or will he prepare us in such a way that we are totally taken aback and astonished, so that we fall flat on our faces in worship and adoration to Him for ever and ever? Will we marvel at Him for what we see done in us as He prepares us to become a fitting reward to the King of all Heaven and all Earth? I think we will. And by faith we are able to marvel before Him even today for we are indeed children of the Promise who know what it means to magnify God. Magnify God with me, my good friend, for He can not be thought of as too big. He is greater than the furthest stretch of our imaginations. Imagine that!

Yeah, so that's what I'm thinking and that is why I have asked the Lord to extend my days and the number of my days so that I might witness a marvel beyond anything that can enter into our minds. So that's what I'm thinking. How about you, sir? What do you think? Will God do what He has said He would do? :yes

Last edited:
The TOG

I'm sorry...if I'm being too inquisitive. Do you intend that telling someone about Christ is the sole responsibility of a particular group of people...and that one could show one's back to a lost sinner seeking help - and not lead him/her to Christ?

Any Christian should be willing and ready to stand up for his faith when questioned about it or if the conversation goes in that direction, but it is not every Christian's ministry. If people ask me about God or if the conversation is about something related to God or the Bible or my beliefs, then I will talk about them, but I'm not going to feel guilty if that never leads to anybody getting saved, because that's not my ministry or my gift. It's kinda like you can use a knife to tighten or loosen a screw, but that's not what it's for. A screwdriver would work a lot better. Likewise, I may sometime lead somebody to faith in Christ, but that's not my job. An evangelist is going to do it a lot better.

The TOG​

And there is the reason for it in your opening post Classik..Scary..fear.. afraid of what may happen.. that and it was prophesied.. the falling away..

tob

*edit: forgot to add imo..:wave

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back