Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] A Lot to Pray For

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

DarkWalker

I was sick over the weekend with a dehydration headache, and upset stomach. I'm feeling better, but I came back to a lot to pray for:

1. My sister and brother-in-law are on their honeymoon in Germany, and having trouble getting back to the States. I'm not sure what all is going on, but they're having to come back via Iceland. Please pray they make it home safely.

2. My sister and brother-in-law's cat is sick, with blood in his urine. He had previously had a blockage in his urethra, which was flushed out, but now that he's bleeding, I don't know what's wrong. If he passes away, it will be the second cat in a year they've lost to health issues.

3. A friend of mine was serving as a missionary in China. He left his house in the capable hands of a landlord, but the men who were staying in the house did not make the rent payments as needed, and the house has fallen into foreclosure. I am hopefully going to be able to go see them tonight, but I lost my friend's phone number. He doesn't use Facebook or other Internet-based communications, except for e-mail. I e-mailed him, but he has yet to respond. I want to make sure he'll be at the house before I drive over there.

4. I am going to be giving my friend an amount that I can make back in three months, but I'm still going to catch Heck from my Dad when he finds out about it (he always seems to find out whether I tell him or not). Pray that my Dad will keep his cool and understand this is money that I am giving because God is leading me to do it, so I am not just throwing money away.

5. Our own cat is sick, with internal bleeding, and the prognosis isn't good. She has been doing better on steroids and antibiotics, but we haven't gotten the blood results back, and we may end up having to put her down anyway. I pray that doesn't happen, because my Dad will not take it well. He is already angry and depressed as it is (because of my Mom's passing in November), but this will send him over the edge. Selfishly, I don't want to have to put up with that, because he will refuse anything I could offer to console him or help him. I will do as he asks, and will still get yelled at for not doing it fast enough/well enough/etc. I do well to hold my tongue, but I refuse to be the victim of abuse because he can't control his emotions.

6. I will be buying a car soon and getting my own apartment at the beginning of the year, so pray that all goes smoothly.

Wow that's a lot of stuff. I'll be praying, of course. Please keep us posted.

Sorry to hear about your Mom's death. November isn't even a year ago, so I wonder how you are dealing with it?
With all your concern for others, please make sure you also take care of yourself and your needs!

Dear brother, I will be praying for you and your requests to our Father in your time of need. When these trials come there is great work going forth for us, and I do pray you will see the benefit quickly, and be delivered to praise for the grace shown you. God bless you in Jesus' name.

I have reconciled my emotions with my Mom's passing. I handle death much better than most people. Thank you all for your prayers.

Prayers with you. The situation with your Dad sounds very difficult. Praying for both him and you, and for the situations you worte about.

I have reconciled my emotions with my Mom's passing. I handle death much better than most people. Thank you all for your prayers.

My sympathies about your mom too bro. It hit me hard when my mom passed. God bless her, I miss her.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back