Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A message to atheists

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
ChattyMute said:
Carpathian said:
Actually, specifically stated in the bible - under various parts of the bible, that there is only ONE god, and that is GOD. Take it or leave it. Second, invisible pink unicorns are of the creation of man. Ahem, before you say something like "you can say the same for God" can an invisible figment speak to you and give you His word? If he does, then some serious psychiatric help is in the question. Just want to clarify that :) Jungle book is on and I'm missing the part where mogley is being harassed.

The bible is not proof of God. That is circular reasoning.
I'll leave it. It is not evidence, it doesn't deserve to be treated as such.
Invisible figments can't speak to you. God is an invisible figment. I could go further into that but it would be getting off subject.
This isn't some court case where we present evidence to the Jury? Who are you to question the bible's authenticity? It's God's word pal; take it or leave it. In least we both can agree on one thing. There's no way charlie the unicorn will ever speak to me.As for God, I was a doubter before. SO I know where you're coming from, and He is no invisible figment of your imagination...or maybe he is, that's probably why you can't stop hearing his voice? Well he's real to me and millions of other Christians. Accept the fact, the bible is real. The bible is God's word. God Loves me, and you. He LOVES YOU! I mean the guy died for you and what does he get "you ain't real cuz I never'd seen yurs before!"... Please. I never saw a big bang and scientist fervently believe it's how our planet was created. I never saw an ape turn into a human and what do ya know...FACT, FACT, FACT!!!!!! Pick your poison, God, or a smelly ape called Lucy. :amen

Carpathian said:
This isn't some court case where we present evidence to the Jury? Who are you to question the bible's authenticity? It's God's word pal; take it or leave it. In least we both can agree on one thing. There's no way charlie the unicorn will ever speak to me.As for God, I was a doubter before. SO I know where you're coming from, and He is no invisible figment of your imagination...or maybe he is, that's probably why you can't stop hearing his voice? Well he's real to me and millions of other Christians. Accept the fact, the bible is real. The bible is God's word. God Loves me, and you. He LOVES YOU! I mean the guy died for you and what does he get "you ain't real cuz I never'd seen yurs before!"... Please. I never saw a big bang and scientist fervently believe it's how our planet was created. I never saw an ape turn into a human and what do ya know...FACT, FACT, FACT!!!!!! Pick your poison, God, or a smelly ape called Lucy. :amen

There are billions of theists out there who question the authenticity of the Bible, so don't feel threatened by a handful of Atheists who dare to do the same on this forum. After all, asking questions is a good thing, according to the scriptures...
BTW, a bold statement like this "It's God's word pal; take it or leave it." will do one thing for sure. It will require evidence.

Carpathian said:
ChattyMute said:
Carpathian said:
Actually, specifically stated in the bible - under various parts of the bible, that there is only ONE god, and that is GOD. Take it or leave it. Second, invisible pink unicorns are of the creation of man. Ahem, before you say something like "you can say the same for God" can an invisible figment speak to you and give you His word? If he does, then some serious psychiatric help is in the question. Just want to clarify that :) Jungle book is on and I'm missing the part where mogley is being harassed.

The bible is not proof of God. That is circular reasoning.
I'll leave it. It is not evidence, it doesn't deserve to be treated as such.
Invisible figments can't speak to you. God is an invisible figment. I could go further into that but it would be getting off subject.

Who are you to not question it? Everything deserves to be questioned. Including what you perceive to be your authority. If you don't have evidence to support it, then I have no reason to truely believe it. It's not how my mind works. I can't take something you say and beleive it just because you or someone else says it.

"It's God's word pal; take it or leave it."
I'll leave it until your God gives evidence towards his existence. Since he is supernatural, and science only deals with the natural, I doubt that will happen any time soon.

I don't hear any imaginary voices. Don't claim to know that I do.

Just because you perceive it to be so does not make it real.

Yeah, killing himself to prove to himself that his people are good is a great way to prove your love.

"you ain't real cuz I never'd seen yurs before!"
Don't insult my intelligence with that babble. I could do the same thing to Christians, but I don't.

Except the difference between the Big Bang and God is that scientists use evidence and facts to back it up as a scientific theory. No, it may not be right. But it is the best explanation we have so far. It'll change as we acquire more evidence.

Humans are apes; we didn't turn into them. That shows your complete understanding of science and the evolutionary theory.

Anyways, this is getting completely off topic.

:topictotopic

The point of this thread is to simply let certain atheists (the ones who come here solely to disprove the legitimacy of Christianity and try to gain deconverts) know that we are not unaware of your schemes. We know your agenda. We are familiar with most of your tactics and arguments. We will stand firm in the name of Jesus Christ.

Note: if you find I don't respond to something you've said, it's probably because I've found your posts too offensive or blasphemous and added you to my ignore list. If something is offensive to me, I don't look at it.

Hey Jojo. I'll just add this to your thread.

To all Atheists and non Christians that come to this site. Don't try and deconvert people. This is a Non Christian stating this. Doing this will do no more then cause unneeded friction between us and them. Show respect and ask questions, but don't outright insult their beliefs or try and get them to convert.
Doing this will only damage the positions of other Atheists and non Christians.

Also, if you are here just to disscuss and question, that is fine. I have found many memebers on this board willing to do so, as long as you don't insult them or belittle them.

Those who are here to convert, you are wasting your time and energy. No matter what you believe, you will find people who are close minded to outside opinion. All belief systems and forums have these groups and don't care about your opinions. You can be repectful, honest, and sincere, but they will always act as if you are attacking them. Some people argue not because they are right, but becuase they have to be right and you have to be wrong. Save your energy and just discuss with those who are actually willing to disscus with you.

I hope that helps your thread Jojo. :)

JoJo said:
:topictotopic

The point of this thread is to simply let certain atheists (the ones who come here solely to disprove the legitimacy of Christianity and try to gain deconverts) know that we are not unaware of your schemes. We know your agenda. We are familiar with most of your tactics and arguments. We will stand firm in the name of Jesus Christ.

Note: if you find I don't respond to something you've said, it's probably because I've found your posts too offensive or blasphemous and added you to my ignore list. If something is offensive to me, I don't look at it.

I would suggest you occasionally put on your listening ears and try to accept a few basic facts so we can find common grounds.
I personally accept the fact that most Christians who engage in a conversation with Atheists on this forum are genuinely feel strong about their beliefs and I respect them just as much as I feel respected.
You need to remember that most Atheists are former believers and we do know a fair bit about religions in general or at least about one particular religion, whichever we used to belong to.
I don't want to speak for all Atheists, but I don't know anybody who would want to convert theists. That's simply not what Atheists do. So, let's throw that possibility out, if you don't mind.
Also, you're wrong to think that Atheists are out there to disproving Christianity. AFAIC, all religions are equal and asking reasonable and logical questions should not count as disproving anything. Facts will do that. I would encourage any Christians to listen to a debate between Atheists and Muslims. All of the sudden, Christians would find themselves protecting Atheists...
Last point, no Atheist will ever offend a Christian as much as the other way around. I'm talking about the threat of burning in Hell for eternity...

rEVOLVEr said:
I would suggest you occasionally put on your listening ears and try to accept a few basic facts so we can find common grounds.

I appreciate your suggestion and I have listened over and over again. But when I find something offensive or blasphemous, my listening ears stop listening. Common ground falls through when my beliefs are attacked.

I don't want to speak for all Atheists, but I don't know anybody who would want to convert theists. That's simply not what Atheists do. So, let's throw that possibility out, if you don't mind.

Sorry, can't do that. I'm not blind or ignorant and I've seen too much to the contrary.

Also, you're wrong to think that Atheists are out there to disproving Christianity.

Am I? Is it not rampant on this forum alone?

I would encourage any Christians to listen to a debate between Atheists and Muslims. All of the sudden, Christians would find themselves protecting Atheists...

I'm not interested in sitting in on such a debate.

Last point, no Atheist will ever offend a Christian as much as the other way around. I'm talking about the threat of burning in Hell for eternity...

Hey, we have to hear it too. The only difference is that we believe in the possibility of hell and you do not. So if anyone should be offended by the concept of hell, it should be those who believe in it. But anyway, this is a Christian forum and these things will inevitably be discussed.

Lance_Iguana said:
Hey Jojo. I'll just add this to your thread.

To all Atheists and non Christians that come to this site. Don't try and deconvert people. This is a Non Christian stating this. Doing this will do no more then cause unneeded friction between us and them. Show respect and ask questions, but don't outright insult their beliefs or try and get them to convert.
Doing this will only damage the positions of other Atheists and non Christians.

Also, if you are here just to disscuss and question, that is fine. I have found many memebers on this board willing to do so, as long as you don't insult them or belittle them.

Those who are here to convert, you are wasting your time and energy. No matter what you believe, you will find people who are close minded to outside opinion. All belief systems and forums have these groups and don't care about your opinions. You can be repectful, honest, and sincere, but they will always act as if you are attacking them. Some people argue not because they are right, but becuase they have to be right and you have to be wrong. Save your energy and just discuss with those who are actually willing to disscus with you.

I hope that helps your thread Jojo. :)

I agree with this. And in my experience, atheists I have met, myself included, are not out to convert anyone. Many come to atheist forums correcting people who have been fed false scientific information.
The others generally just come to troll or out of boredom. Most atheists realize that no one can change your beliefs but yourself.

JoJo said:
rEVOLVEr said:

I appreciate your suggestion and I have listened over and over again. But when I find something offensive or blasphemous, my listening ears stop listening. Common ground falls through when my beliefs are attacked.

Fair enough.

JoJo said:
rEVOLVEr said:

Sorry, can't do that. I'm not blind or ignorant and I've seen too much to the contrary.

Again, I respect your personal opinion as long as you're not trying to generalize to all Atheists. My experience is quite the opposite.

JoJo said:
rEVOLVEr said:
Also, you're wrong to think that Atheists are out there to disproving Christianity.

Am I? Is it not rampant on this forum alone?

OK, let me rephrase it. Christianity is no more important than Islam or other religions to Atheists.

JoJo said:
rEVOLVEr said:
I would encourage any Christians to listen to a debate between Atheists and Muslims. All of the sudden, Christians would find themselves protecting Atheists...

I'm not interested in sitting in on such a debate.

I'm sure you would only benefit from that. Try it with an open mind.

JoJo said:
rEVOLVEr said:

Hey, we have to hear it too. The only difference is that we believe in the possibility of hell and you do not. So if anyone should be offended by the concept of hell, it should be those who believe in it. But anyway, this is a Christian forum and these things will inevitably be discussed.

You don't have to hear it either. ;)

rEVOLVEr said:
You don't have to hear it either. ;)

Oh sure, I could close my eyes to it, but it wouldn't make it disappear. But I'm not afraid to hear about hell. It doesn't bother me because I know I will spend eternity with the Lord. It doesn't offend me because I know it doesn't apply to me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back