Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A pipe, as opposed to cigarettes?

Did you ever smoke a pipe?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, never

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Not regularly, just on the odd occasion

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

farouk

Just wondered; did anyone smoke a pipe as opposed to cigarettes? People were talking about giving up smoking and this usually means cigarettes. (I gave up cigarettes.)

The smell and taste is a bit different, anyway; but I never smoked a pipe. (Glad to be tobacco-free, in a sense, I guess.)

I have smoked a pipe in the past and would again, if my wasn't so opposed to it that is.

Pipe smoking is quite different from cigarette smoking as you, normally, do not inhale.

Only time I ever engaged in smoking was when we smoked the "victory cigar" in Vietnam. A victory was coming home in one peace with everyone still present and accounted for.

K: Oh okay. :) Does she smoke cigarettes instead? or maybe she doesn't smoke at all, and doesn't want it in the house, even...

(Some women think this way, I know.)

Nope, my wife would never smoke, and can't stand the smell, no matter what is being smoked. She especially doesn't like smelling it on me, even after I have smoked.

Haven't smoked in a number of years. Partly because I can't afford it, partly because I really have not had "opportunity."

Nope, my wife would never smoke, and can't stand the smell, no matter what is being smoked. She especially doesn't like smelling it on me, even after I have smoked.

Haven't smoked in a number of years. Partly because I can't afford it, partly because I really have not had "opportunity."

K: A multipolar strategy indeed! :)

Made the mistake of inhaling on a big old stogie once. Wow! Last time I did that. Ewwww!

A while back I smoked cigars, even had a monthly subscription to Thomsons cigar company. Gave a couple cigars to a guy I worked with. The next Monday he came back and said they made him sick. I told him he was supposed to inhale, unless you are used to it of course.

I had a pipe at one point and I smoked it on occasion, but that was over 20 years ago. I actually like the smell of pipe, cigar, and cigarette smoke--second hand. I never really got into actually smoking and I hate the smell of stale smoke, but I have to admit that when I'm out and someone lights up, I find it to be a pleasant smell.

I had a pipe at one point and I smoked it on occasion, but that was over 20 years ago. I actually like the smell of pipe, cigar, and cigarette smoke--second hand. I never really got into actually smoking and I hate the smell of stale smoke, but I have to admit that when I'm out and someone lights up, I find it to be a pleasant smell.

Indeed. Whenever I smell someone enjoying a cigar or pipe I usually comment, "Ahhh, atmosphere."

You like the smell of cigarettes as well?

You like the smell of cigarettes as well?
Yes. A lot of times I'll be out in the city and someone will light up a cigarette and I like the smell. I like pipes much better, but I still like cigarette smoke smell too, although I don't smoke at all.

Back