Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A prayer request...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
C

coday182

A few posts back I gave a story about some issues my girlfriend has been having. If you want to see it, http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=22527, thats it. Well her family is like my family. She has been getting short and having various other problems with all of us. After talking with her dad, we decided that she needed a summer of spending time with her family in fellowship and getting closer to God. It is really important to all the people that lover her that this works out. Her dad has decided to not let her go to weight training this summer for sports and she is not very happy about that at all. School is almost out and summer is about to start so it is gonna be do or die. Part of Jim's (her dad) plan is for her to spend as much time at home with her family and working on projects at home. Part of her problem is that her friends, well most of them, aren't christians or say they are but don't live like it. She is at an age where all she wants to do is fit in and be like her friends so she is trying to be like them too. That is part of the reason he doesn't want her to go to the weight training program.

So basically, all of the temptations of her first year of high school have gotten to her. Hopefully this summer she can get closer to God like I have in the past few months. I know that since I have started believing and trusting him and living my life for His glory that everything in my life has improved. She just needs to be set straight again on his path.

Your prayers would help so much. Any advice would also be very appreciated.

P.S. This isn't a relationship post. This is a post to help out a Christian who needs help and doesn't even know it.

P.S.S. I didn't put this in the prayer request forum because most adults would think that this is just "high school drama"

thanks in advance.

Back