Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A Question

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
G

Grandpa Jim

In the Middle. A Question.

A teenager moves to Maple Avenue. The house is directly in the center of the corners of West Street and East Street. At the intersection of Maple and West there is a thriving church with an active youth group.
On the other end of Maple at East Street, there is a youth gang who are into drugs.

Members of both the youth group and the gang ask the teen to join them. The teen is reluctant and says "no" to both.
Once the teen is settled in, both groups offer the invitation again. . And again the teen replies," no"

Two questions: 1. Which group will give up on the teen first, the youth group or the gang?
2. Why?

I would appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

I sense this is a riddle...? When you say give up on the teen, I assume you mean give up asking him to join. If that's the case I'd say the youth group will give up first. Why?

The gang needs members to be strong. There is strength in numbers for the gang. They also need members to validate other members. The gang feeds off of each other; togather they are one unit of corruption.

The strength of the teens in the youth group is from another source. While they may also validate each other they stand independently each connected to God. They meet to fellowship and lift up each other.

That's my answer.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back