Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A Sign or Coincidence?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Haylsgils

For context, I was christened Catholic, however, I was not raised so; I attended Catholic Convent schools and now work at one. As a child I and had more connections and experience with Spiritualism. As an adult, I am now questioning what it is I believe.

Last night, I asked God for a sign or a message as to how I can follow Christianity despite my belief in things I was always told contradict the Christian teachings, and whether it was Christianity at all or perhaps something else. This has been an issue for a while, as I feel a pull towards faith but it feels unclear as to which direction.

As I lay in bed, the thought ‘John 18:27’ popped into my head and I couldn’t stop thinking of it, so today I looked it up and was surprised to see the scripture it refers to - can anyone shed any light on what it might mean for my specific question?

I can't really tell you what it means, but I can tell you this.

I said something to God a short while back about, was that you God or was that just a coincidence? God answered immediately and said there is no such thing as a coincidence on earth, there is only God-incidences.

And I was amazed. I forget what He had did for me right then, it was something small but something nice to me. There was no parting of the red sea. But it sure felt good to know that God cares enough to do small things for us.

For context, I was christened Catholic, however, I was not raised so; I attended Catholic Convent schools and now work at one. As a child I and had more connections and experience with Spiritualism. As an adult, I am now questioning what it is I believe.

Last night, I asked God for a sign or a message as to how I can follow Christianity despite my belief in things I was always told contradict the Christian teachings, and whether it was Christianity at all or perhaps something else. This has been an issue for a while, as I feel a pull towards faith but it feels unclear as to which direction.

As I lay in bed, the thought ‘John 18:27’ popped into my head and I couldn’t stop thinking of it, so today I looked it up and was surprised to see the scripture it refers to - can anyone shed any light on what it might mean for my specific question?
If you believe that Jesus is the WORD OF GOD in flesh incarnate, then the miracle of salvation and His prescence will be manifested. Blessed are those that believe yet not have been with their physical eyes.

how I can follow Christianity despite my belief in things I was always told contradict the Christian teachings,
May I suggest that you investigate for yourself these ' things that contradict Christianity.'

There are plenty of Christian sites that explain and defend Christianity, try answersingenesis. Yes it is a young earth site, but they strongly believe the bible is the word of God, accurate and trustworthy.
Everything they believe is based on the bible so to investigate things that contradict Christianity, makes this a good place to start.

What you are reading about is a demonstration of the Power of God. Peter was ready to fight for Christ, proven by his slicing off the ear of a guardsman. Jesus then told him, "Get behind me Satan." So, we know that Peter was ready to fight for Christ, and likely ready to die for him. So why the denial? Because it was prophesied to him, by Christ Himself, that he, Peter, would deny Christ not twice, but three times. So, you can imagine the incredible confusion within him as he likely mystified himself because of his actions. But when that crow crowed for the third time, Peter remembered what Christ had predicted, and this demonstration of Power is what would help Peter to realize that Jesus truly was who He said He was . . . God in the Flesh. For, only a God is capable of controlling the way a person thinks . . . and acts. This is the Power of God; this is what the Lord is capable of doing.

Hi H,
I'll be very brief about this.
There are two powers in this world.
One is good.
One is bad.

Be on the side of the good one.

If you feel pulled toward faith, it is certainly God pulling you.
Jesus said He would draw all men to Himself -- you're one of them.
Reply with a YES, just like Mary did when the Angel Gabriel presented himself to her.
Blessings.

Hi Haylsgils and welcome to CF :wave2

Christianity is not about religion as there are over 5000 different religions in the world with everyone thinking they are the only ones who hold all truths, but we see that is not true. God is about us having a personal relationship with Christ Jesus through the Spiritual renewal/rebirth from above where all things of God are Spiritual. I would think most of us have had that self exploratory of who we are and what we are to be in Christ. It's all about God's grace through faith that is Christ Jesus in whom is in us and we in Him.

John 3:16-17; Romans 10:9-10 as we believe and confess Jesus as Lord and Savior as we believe in Him. To get to know Jesus is by talking to Him and studying what God has had already written in the scriptures by His Prophets and Apostles. Reading the book of John will help you understand that personal relationship with Him and by reading the book of Acts will teach you the importance of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit at the moment of your salvation.

We are here to help you and please do not be afraid to ask questions as you seek the answers you need.

God bless you and yours :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back