Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A Thread Everyone would avoid

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

It is about death.
Are you afraid to die?
I changed my mind after considering making the thread title: 'Are Afraid to die' knowing full well many would run away from the thread.

Usual excuse would be: im not done with the work of the Master; i wanna live

I was afraid to die last year, when my heart was acting up and I thought I MIGHT die.

But, I am convinced that the day will come where I am no longer afraid. My dad wasn't, he was ready to go and he actually said that he wanted to go - said it to me a week before his bypass surgery. He died three days after the surgery.

I suffer very bad anxietys so i fear everything. Its a hard life and everyday is a struggle for me.

Mine has never got any better. I have not been able to focus or think straight for many years as the anxiety is stronger. Its dreadful.

I am not afraid of being dead... so Lord please when it is my time make it quick... cuz i dont like the dying for ever

I am not afraid of being dead... so Lord please when it is my time make it quick... cuz i dont like the dying for ever
So true.
A neighbor just died recently. He suffered a particular sickness for over ten years: ten years of agony. perhaps it would have been better if he had gone to be with the Master 10 yrs ago.

But I have learnt mercy-killing aint the best either

Jesus says something about dying - particularly about people who are so obsessed, who want to live forever. Good thing is that here is no home.

I am not afraid of my demise.
God promises whoever believes in Him shall not die but live for eternity.
I do not believe this to be in flesh but in spirit with our Father who is in heaven.

I'm w/ Reba...when I think about death (and I try not to, lol), I'm more afraid of a protracted process of die-ing than of death itself, being dead, etc.

For instance...dementia. Not into it. Passing away in my sleep at an old age....ideal. Cancer...depends. With hospice care, cancer can be bearable for family and friends.

Wow. What a morbid way to start the day.

I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid that when the time comes, someone will do CPR on me or pray for my return. Don't do this to me! Why would anyone want to bring back a brother in Christ?! They finally make it out and everyone goes to prayer to bring him back? What a horrible thing to do to a Brother!

You bet. Death is a scary thing to face. I know I'm afraid of death if for no other reason then that I want to protect others from it. I can think about death, abstract it in my mind even have some thoughts to make it easier when I think of when I pass on. That said though I don't know where I'll end up after I die. I have hope. And I also have enough knowledge to cast some doubt, but not enough to reassure it all away. I'm afraid of death.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back