Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A True Christmas Blessing

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
There is a reason for everything, even if we don't understand why at the moment.

I've been obsessed with getting yarn, as you might know.
Well, my obsession got me to go out this morning, bargain hunting.

I finally went to the thrift stores here,
and got some good deals, 25 cent skeins, stuff like that.
Well, I went to a close by thrift store, and found only one little skein of wool, and was disappointed.
As I waited in checkout line, a grandma and her 2 grandkids were buying used books.
One girl was about 9, and she was well mannered and didn't talk back or complain when grandma told
her to put the book back, she just silently walked back, slowly, to put it back on the shelf.

My heart was being tugged so hard,(that was Jesus, pulling at me, and I PRAISE THE LORD for
those tugs) I had to speak up, and I asked grandma if it was alright if I
bought the book for the 9 yr. old girl. She said, yes, and was surprised, and very thankful.
(I felt embarrassed, being thanked, and tried to change the subject, so she could "save face", I didn't want
her thanks, it wasn't necessary)
I went over, and told the girl her grandma said she could have the book, after all.

She was SO happy! She started telling me how she wants to be a clothes designer when she grows up,
and how she watches clothing shows on tv.
It almost made me cry on the way home. I remember when I didn't have enough money to
get my childrenthings, when I had to tell them, in thrift stores, to "put it back", cause we couldn't afford
it, at the time. It just makes me cry right now, thinking about it, but, I was SO happy and blessed by Jesus, to be there
at that moment in time, to get the book for the little girl. She has blessed me just by being there. I hope
she DOES become a fashion designer!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back