Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A warning to parents about Watchmen.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

MISFIT

The new superhero movie Watchmen hits theaters this week, as the resident geek here I thought I should warn all you especially those with kids, that this Movie is rated R for good reason. Anyone familiar with the work of Alan Moore and/or this comic book should already know why, but if not I'll tell you. The film is very graphically Violent with both male & female nudity as well as a sex and rape scene, so if your kids are into superheroes take them to see Wolverine instead it's only a PG-13 and not half as violent. Just thought I'd warn you.

Thanks so much for posting that... my husband and i were insterested in seeing it from the previews and reviews etc, but now will not go thanks to new info :) it is only rated MA here... which just confirms what we already believed about lax restrictions in film etc in this country.

Just wanted you to know we both really appreciate your post, we would have been mortified having gone to see it.

-Amy

A friend of a friend went to it last night and said it was terrible, now this guy's not a Christian but he says it's just a bad movie all the way around and even fans of the comic are saying it's lousy. So I'd say it's best just to see something else. The Wolverine movie will be out in may and it's getting a PG-13 for violence but nothing to strong so if you want to see a good Hero movie wait until then.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back