Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Allahu Akbar!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Many apologists for Islam claim that Allahu Akbar simply means "God is great!." Sure, this phrase has become associated with the "radical" (fundamental) Muslims who shout it while they are engaged in "Jihad" - usually the murder of non-Muslims. Peaceful Muslims also use this phrase, but state that it's just the Arabic for a common English phrase. Some non-Muslims even use it, especially in light of the current crisis in Iran - to show solidarity and support with the protesting Iranians.

However, it doesn't actually mean "God is great!" as claimed. It means "Allah is greater." Greater than what? The fact that it's a 'war cry' for the Jihadi's should give you a clue to this - Allah is "greater" than whatever god you happen to believe in.. This is why I believe it is not suitable for non-Muslims to use this expression, or even to refer to God as "Allah" - as this is the NAME of the Islamic deity.

Arabic (Allahu Akbar): الله أكبر

Why do Muslims say Allah means "god"?
Allah is the name of Islam's deity, even though in Muslim culture & society, it is used interchangeably with 'god' because most people are Muslims; and to them, Allah IS god. So to make the distinction is redundant. It's kind of like in America when you say 'god' , most people think you are talking about Jesus, because Christianity is the dominant religon.

Allah & god
god in Arabic is 'ilah'

Allah =الله (alif ا, lam ل, lam ل, ha ه)
ilah = اله (alif ا, lam ل, ha ه)

You can see they are not the same word even in the Shahada, even though many English speaking Muslims falsely claim the Shahada states "there is no god but God.:

أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله
aÅ¡hadu ʾanla ilÄÂha illal-LÄÂh, wa ʾaÅ¡hadu ʾanna muḥammadan rasÅ«lul-LÄÂh
There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Allah is the NAME of Islam's deity - at the start of almost every Surah (Chapter) of the Quran is the phrase (in part): "In the name of Allah...."

Great & Greater

كبير (kebir) means "great" but أكبر (Akbar) means "greater." They are not interchangeable words. For evidence, we only need to look at the Quran:
Quran 2:219 said:
يسالونك عن الخمر والميسر قل ÙÂيها اثم كبير ومناÙÂع للناس واثمهما اكبر من Ù†ÙÂعهما ويسالونك ماذا ينÙÂقون قل العÙÂÙˆ كذلك يبين الله لكم الايات لعÙâžÃ™Æ’Ù… تتÙÂكرون

Yas-aloonaka AAani alkhamri waalmaysiriqul feehima ithmun kabeerun wamanafiAAu lilnnasiwa-ithmuhuma akbaru min nafAAihima wayas-aloonaka mathayunfiqoona quli alAAafwa kathalika yubayyinu Allahulakumu al-ayati laAAallakum tatafakkaroona

They ask thee concerning wine and gambling. Say: "In them is great sin, and some profit, for men; but the sin is greater than the profit." They ask thee how much they are to spend; Say: "What is beyond your needs." Thus doth Allah Make clear to you His Signs: In order that ye may consider-

Quran Root Browser k-b-r ك ب ر

Both kebir & Akbar are used in this verse (both highlighted in red in the source link) - kebir means 'great' and Akbar mean 'greater.'

Therefore, Allahu Akbar means "Allah (name) is greater."

Great post. I'm sure it won't be long now til' you get a rush of Christians frothing at the mouth who will protest your assertions and claim that “Allah†the pagan god is indeed the same God “Yahweh†that they worship and that "Allah" simply means "God" in Arabic, even though you've just shown them using the original Arabic script that this is not the case and the little fact that as Christians they refuse to accept Islam and by extension they refuse to accept any of that faiths claims (e.g. Allah is Yahweh) :screwloose

....okay, I'm going to need a glass of Pepsi-Max after that long sentence. :pepsi

Gabe said:
Great post. I'm sure it won't be long now til' you get a rush of Christians frothing at the mouth who will protest your assertions and claim that “Allah†the pagan god is indeed the same God “Yahweh†that they worship and that "Allah" simply means "God" in Arabic, even though you've just shown them using the original Arabic script that this is not the case and the little fact that as Christians they refuse to accept Islam and by extension they refuse to accept any of that faiths claims (e.g. Allah is Yahweh) :screwloose
but but but!! You forgot to add that even though they are ahl al kitab (people of the book), they're still damned to Allah's hell, along with the Atheists! Fortunately for all of us, Allah was only a figment of Muhammad's imagination, therefore we wont burn in hell. phew *wipes brow*

Gabe said:
....okay, I'm going to need a glass of Pepsi-Max after that long sentence. :pepsi
HAH *passes a whole bottle over*. Pepsi max is my favourite drink!

Sanitarium said:
Gabe said:
but but but!! You forgot to add that even though they are ahl al kitab (people of the book), they're still damned to Allah's hell,

Wow. Being one of the "people of the book" really elevates our positions as Christians in Islam. Why not join us so we can "burn" in hell together?

Sanitarium said:
along with the Atheists! Fortunately for all of us, Allah was only a figment of Muhammad's imagination, therefore we wont burn in hell. phew *wipes brow*

Okay. You're off the hook....quite literally.

Sanitarium said:
Gabe said:

Same here. Its the only soft-drink for me.

Its official - 9 out of 10 “Islamophobes†choose Pepsi-Max! :rolling

Gabe said:
Sanitarium said:
Gabe said:
but but but!! You forgot to add that even though they are ahl al kitab (people of the book), they're still damned to Allah's hell,

Wow. Being one of the "people of the book" really elevates our positions as Christians in Islam. Why not join us so we can "burn" in hell together?

Sanitarium said:
along with the Atheists! Fortunately for all of us, Allah was only a figment of Muhammad's imagination, therefore we wont burn in hell. phew *wipes brow*

Okay. You're off the hook....quite literally.

Sanitarium said:
Gabe said:

Same here. Its the only soft-drink for me.

Its official - 9 out of 10 “Islamophobes†choose Pepsi-Max! :rolling
Pepsi-Max? Is that anything like Pepsi-Akbar! :couch

To be sure that that my post is accepted by Wikiislam, I say “Allahu Akbar†just before submitting the post to the Farsideology Section of Wikiislam.com .

See http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/Farsideology

P.S. The blessings of Allah must be with me. I never had a post rejected.

Kind Regards,
Farside
21.gif

theres a coke distrubitor near me and i will add yes its true that coke does get used to clean engines.of course they must remove all that sugar ants here woud love them soda baths,and so would the wasps.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back