Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Am I The Only One That Feels This Way...?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

LostSoul

I appologize deeply....should this not be the right place to post this. I really did not know where to put this, but I had to ask.....does anyone else feel like they cannot share their oppinion here without being bashed?

Countless times since I have gotten here, it has been implied I am either:

Racist
Unintelligent
Bias

Or the like....

Call it hormones....if you like....but pregnant or not, it hurts my feelings that I cannot even enter into any form of mature discussion here without someone getting ugly to me, if not, someone else.

Again my appologies....just wanted to see if anyone else felt this way....and perhaps get a little off of my chest. I really do not mean to offend anyone.

May God Bless You

Racist:
IF this is due to speaking one's mind concerning Obama:
I certainly hope the cry of "racism" isn't used every time there is opposition to Obama or more accurately his decisions. Every president in history comes under fire for one thing or another. Being under fire while holding the office of the presidency comes with the territory.

Unintelligent:
Anyone even insinuating such a thing is in violation of the ToS. It's insulting and inflammatory. Please use the report button (The red exclamation point) above each post if you feel this is the case and the staff will look into it. :-?

Bias:
Any opposition to one's beliefs may very well use the bias card. That's goes without saying. However, if it gets out of hand, that is becomes insulting in nature, then again please don't hesitate to report the offending post.

LostLamb said:
I appologize deeply....should this not be the right place to post this. I really did not know where to put this, but I had to ask.....does anyone else feel like they cannot share their oppinion here without being bashed?

Racist
Unintelligent
Bias

Or the like....

Call it hormones....if you like....but pregnant or not, it hurts my feelings that I cannot even enter into any form of mature discussion here without someone getting ugly to me, if not, someone else.

Again my appologies....just wanted to see if anyone else felt this way....and perhaps get a little off of my chest. I really do not mean to offend anyone.

May God Bless You

Although I have found 2 people here to be racist you are not one of them. You are one of the people here I enjoy talking with (there are others of course but some I could do without) so I hope you have never taken anything I have said the wrong way, if so I apologize I know we dont see eye to eye on politics. I too often feel out of place with many here, but I keep coming back for more.

Again my appologies for posting this. I just hate the idea of crying wolf every time someone hurts me.....but I did go ahead and do as advised. With some of the posts. Some of them were done when I first got on here, so I am just letting them drop....just do not see a point in digging those up.

Misfit...you and I may not see eye to eye, but you have never implied anything to me that was rude. I find you fun to talk to and well easier than some I have encountered that I tend to differ with on views.

If you are posting in the Christian Science forum or Apologetics or Christianity and Other Religions forums then you will definitely encounter rude comments. It has gotten to the point where I don't even want to read most of those topics because of the way people talk to each other there. I tried to have some mature discussions there early on but found it futile. Don't take it personally though, some of the people on this site are atheists with apparently nothing better to do than to try to start arguments with Christians, but there are so many more good people on this site to let it get you down.

Feel sorry for them, Lostlamb. Anyone who thinks politics or government can fix this society deserves pity.

LostLamb said:

Racist
Unintelligent
Bias

Or the like....

May God Bless You

Racist you? No.

Unintelligent? you are one of the more intelligent people here from what i can gather.

Bias? HA, as if.

I also enjoy reading your posts. You are a kind person.. Although I never post responses much. (I have had my time online limited.. ) I do love reading your opinions.

I fear that i may be guilty of upsetting you. My comment in the 'Christianity & other religions' forum was not intended to cause you offence but as a fellow Christian; i have no excuse and nothing to offer, other than my sincere apology.

God bless,
Gabriel

LostLamb said:

Racist
Unintelligent
Bias

Or the like....

May God Bless You

Didn't know you where pregnant - congrats :biggrin I don't go into a lot of different areas here so maybe don't see it all (usually where I go it is very nice) so sorry you had to go through that - its not nice when people are like that!

When people start pulling the racist card (and if its because you don't vote for Obama) then you know its their problem and you can rise above it and ignore it as posters can then see for themselves who is the "unintelligent one" :wink:

I have found personally on forums its the quiet ones that get eaten up! Which is why I come here as I was fed up with other forums like that, don't need the grief!

From the little posts I read of yours its always very nice and respectful so most of us know you are nice and ignore the rest :biggrin

mudjosh said:
I also enjoy reading your posts. You are a kind person.. Although I never post responses much. (I have had my time online limited.. ) I do love reading your opinions.
LostLamb,
I ditto that! :clap

Thank you. Sometimes perhaps I let what negativity around me there is get to me, more than should. Then....I think we alll do that at times.

Its a shame when you expect to belong to a community, and even there you start feeling uncomfortable. So I know what you mean.

I guess the bottom line is that nobody will always agree with you, but its indeed a shame when they start throwing around bitter accusations or acting child like.

Dont let a few rotten apples spoil the bunch!

But I do notice in society its harder and harder to have faith and people look at you seriously. More and more people feel its ok to be biggots agains religious people, and the media and society are just accepting it as if its not offensive and wrong.

Most people have the view that once someone sees the same facts, everyone will agree with them. The only reason not to agree is because the person is racist, stupid, biased, has an agenda, etc. This is especially true of internet forums, and although I have found this one to be better than others I have posted in, it's not immune to human nature.

Don't take it too personally. You may even want to take it as a compliment, since it often means the person you're debating/talking to has no counter-argument. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back