Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] anxiety, fast heart rate, and chest pain

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Sorry i forgot to reply. I got a email once i woke up saying you replied but I spaced it as the day went on, yes I know how that sounds but its been rough this last week. Anyway I've been ok unless I start thinking about my family who aren't religious. Or others who were Mormon and are now burning in hell for eternity... yes i know they made that choice but I don't care. Burning in hell for eternity is to much for me to handle. What about when my parents go? Or my grandpa who's recovering from lung cancer for the second time?? Am I just suppose to keep strutting along with my head held high??
Pray constantly for those you love.It is never too late.If a person comes to Christ one second before they die....they have a ticket to heaven.We know that Christ has a tremendous amount of mercy and compassion.He is the ultimate and fair judge.Leave all those you love in His hands.

Hi, Boyce :wave2 Glad you've returned!

Yes, you stand strong in your relationship with our Lord. He loves you dearly, and serving Him is all so well worth it!

As for your family, pray for them, that their hearts will be soften so they will seek our Lord in special relationship. Pray that they will accept and embrace Him, just as you have done. Pray daily...pray often during the day. Even something as simple as: "I love You, Lord; You know my heart. I pray my parents/family will love and accept You."

There is great power in prayer because our Lord hears and listens when we talk with/pray to Him. He never abandons us!

Good for you. :hug
It isn't easy to withdraw your body from something it is use to. The cravings can be extreme. But you can do it.

One bit of advice is drink lots of water. This helps flush your body from the residual toxins the spice left behind. Don't eat heavy foods, especially trans fats. This can make you sick because your body is weak and detoxing now. Adding extra dietary toxins that it will have to process just makes for added work on the diet so that the body can't concentrate on the healing and flushing of the residual toxins in the spice.

Avoid all caffeine products because those are mood altering drugs in themselves.

Exercise. Even if it is just taking a walk. This gets the blood pumping so you flush toxins out and it increases oxygen in the system.

Take hot showers, or relax in a soothing bath with something like lavender essential oil added to the water. This releases the lavender scent that helps to soothe frayed nerves and calm your erratic emotions. Your body is trying to get back to balance while stabilizing itself as it misses that key spice ingredient that altered your mood.Chamomile tea is a wonderful calming herbal tea. It acts as a sedative but it isn't something that negatively impacts the body. It nourishes the nervous system and supplements what was impacted by the K2.

If there is a health food store near you go there and seek advice. You don't want to load up on all sorts of natural remedies and start taking them at the same time. This can cause a healing crisis in your body and make things worse because the herbs, which are medicine, are all acting in their particular area of expertise, sort of speak, and when your body is already depleted due to the spice it isn't going to be able to handle all those medicines looking to make it stronger all at once.

It took time to break your body down to this point. It is going to take time to regain your health. You're worth it.
Siberian Ginseng is a great overall body stabilizer. St.John's Wort is excellent for the depression, though you don't want to take any herb 7 days a week. Four days on and three days off is the typical rule for herbs. The three days you don't take the herb, any herbal supplement, are those three days where your body can assimilate what it has consumed when you took the supplements those 4 days prior.

Just suggestions you might find useful. Holding you in my prayers. I look forward to the update that you're doing much better. :hug
Thanks for the advice, I've been drinking lots of water and going to the gym daily. Ill try some of the other things you mentioned as well:) Most of the withdraws have gone away except a little chest pain once or twice a day for a couple seconds but it isn't constant like it use to be. I've noticed these black squiggly lines in my vision recently but my eye Dr. said everything in my eyes looked ok. From what I've read its just particles floating around in the fluid in my eye and my brain should learn to ignore them over time. I guess overall Im psychologically messed up right now but as far as the physical withdrawls Im doing a lot better.

Sorry i forgot to reply. I got a email once i woke up saying you replied but I spaced it as the day went on, yes I know how that sounds but its been rough this last week. Anyway I've been ok unless I start thinking about my family who aren't religious. Or others who were Mormon and are now burning in hell for eternity... yes i know they made that choice but I don't care. Burning in hell for eternity is to much for me to handle. What about when my parents go? Or my grandpa who's recovering from lung cancer for the second time?? Am I just suppose to keep strutting along with my head held high??

You know, there are many Christians who do not believe in that "burning in hell for eternity" thing.
Personally I read it as the "second death" or "being cast in the lake of fire" as an event with a limited duration - basically the final death. And then they are just dead, they cease to be, this time forever, but a state of non-existance excludes any suffering. If you don't experience anything you can't suffer.

Not gonna stir up a debate about what "hell" is, but you can google the various views Christians have on that matter.

I think it has little to do with strutting with your head held high Boyce . I think it's about knowing that you have a savior who desires that all men be saved knowing not all men will turn to him. Think of it like having a child who rejects you as a Father and wants nothing to do with you. David had a son like that, his name was Absolom. Absolom didn't know how to forgive and he let some wrongs that were done to him kill the goodness that was inside of him. This hurt turned to anger toward his Father David and Aboslom started building up his reputation with the people as a way to turn against his Father and finally have things the way he thought they should be. David flees Jersalem and Absolom becomes ruler of the Kingdom. Absolom also has sex with David's concubines out in the open and publicly humiliates his Father, David.

Eventually, things change and Absolom flees for his life. David's army captures Absolom and puts him under the sword and takes his life. They report this victory to their King, David, but David mourns for his son to the point where he almost looses the ones closest to him. Through it all, God never left his servant David, a man after God's own heart.

Scripture also says that God does not rejoice at the destruction of the wicked. We see this clearly when the Egyptian army gets swallowed and destroyed in the Red Sea. The sister of Moses named Miriam rejoices and dances over the victory, yet God brings them to the bitter waters of Marah. Victory is always bitter sweet.

So know this, when you mourn, your Father in heaven is right there beside you mourning too. So be the light in a world who loves the darkness because love covers a multitude of sins, and God has a purpose for each of us, if we only love and trust him enough to be obedient to his Word and open to his will, whatever it may be. It's about knowing that you're sharing in what God suffers for, and for why he willed his Son to suffer on the cross. It's called Grace, and that's something God's been showing me recently.

Last edited:
Hi Boyce

Your family's problems can best be served by you yourself keeping a strong relationship with Jesus. By being close to Him, you will be given wisdom to help your family. I don't think you should obsess with who is or is not in Hell; both they and us are in the hands of a God who is entirely just, and merciful. In fact, many Christians believe in theories other than the 'burning forever in hell' one; there has been discussion elsewhere on this forum on Conditional Immortality, for instance.

Concentrate on getting well yourself. God will take care of your family.

Back