Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Anyone like old cameras?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Barbarian

I grew up shooting film. I'd never go back to 36 shots per roll, but I do love the old technology and craftsmanship.

14583288290_2cf1b563bd_z.jpg

14747000636_3582f6b96f_z.jpg

You DO have quite a collection there, Barbarian...very nice. You have a couple of Mamiyas in there? That was my first camera. My wife prefers Nikon, and she's the real photographer in our family.

Strangely enough, I have one Mamiya, one of the three 110 cartridge slrs ever made. A few Mamiya lenses, and that's it. Lots of Nikon; F, F2, EL, EM, a Nikkormat. When I was shooting film, a Nikon EL2 was my favorite camera; rock steady, well-built, and easy to use.

I like Pentax digital SLRs better than Nikon DSLRs, though. My current Pentax, the K3, actually has better image quality than Nikons costing hundreds of dollars more.

I remember my first camera, the pentax k1000, its lens mount was interchangeable with the canon

I remember my first camera, the pentax k1000, its lens mount was interchangeable with the canon

They were both bayonet-mount lenses, but you would need an adapter to use their lenses on each other. The K1000 was an incredibly tough and reliable camera. It had about 35 years of refinement going into it, so all the design flaws were out of it by that time. (formerly the Pentax Spotmatic)

Until the digital revolution, most photography schools asked students to get the K1000, because it was completely manual and tough as nails.

They were both bayonet-mount lenses, but you would need an adapter to us their lenses on each other. The K1000 was an incredibly tough and reliable camera. It had about 35 years of refinement going into it, so all the design flaws were out of it by that time. (formerly the Pentax Spotmatic)

Until the digital revolution, most photography schools asked students to get the K1000, because it was completely manual and tough as nails.
yes, I remember that. I wish I didn't pawn that off. the canon lenses I was given didn't need an adapter.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back