Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are we in 'New Dark Ages' yet? How near?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
As this country becomes more and more Roman Catholic, via the invasion through the Southern U.S. border, you will see the United States plunge back into a Dark Ages.

Islam is the least of worries of the United States.
It was the Protestant Reformation that ended the 1st Dark Ages!
But now, Protestants have forgotten the key principles of the Reformation, and so we return to a time where the population will bow before the Antichrist (the pope), but on a much larger scale than 14th century Europe. This time the pope will not only have the power to send us into the Holy Lands, but he will be able to attack the Muslims with the most powerful weapons ever. One wonders, since this current U.S. president has had more meetings with the pope than any other president in the history of the U.S. and was the first president to go to the vatican, bow before the pope, kiss the pope's ring (an act of worship and obedience right out of the Dark Ages), and vow to fulfill the pope's desires, if we are not now currently engaged in a Politically Correct termed "holy war" for Rome.

The current president is not a Christian. He is a greedy liar and a chickern-hawk (his entire administration is too). A chicken-hawk is someone who refuses or avoids military conflict themselves, yet wishes to send other men's children off to war to die for his cause. The current president launched an unjust aggressive war based upon lies he chose to accept, making him just as guilty as the ones who vomitted out those lies. The current president has accepted and promulgated torture (remember the Catholic Church loves torture--see the Holy Inquisition), the violation of our political civil liberties, and has used fear-mongering as the means to destroy our Bill of Rights with legislation that is purposely given a name which contradicts what it actually accomplishes...."patriot"! The Military Act of 2006 signed by Bushy suspended Habeus Corpus, the principle our Bill of Rights draws support from.

The Democratic Congress is no better. The Bottom line is that all these fat-cat political fascists need to be removed. A body of legislatures need to be selected that actually represent the people. Congressmen who are worth millions have trouble understanding what the lower middle-class really need: proper representation in return for a just taxation. Unless you are filthy rich, then how can you relate to your congressman or senator?

We need to pull our army out of Iraq and put it on the Southern Border to stop the real enemy that is invading this country everyday and destroying our economy. What the Mexicans and illegal aliens are doing is correctly named "Economic Terrorism", but who, other than Lou Dobbs and Pat Buchanon, have the guts to speak out against such a thing?

Sola Fide
Red Beetle

RED BEETLE said:
As this country becomes more and more Roman Catholic, via the invasion through the Southern U.S. border, you will see the United States plunge back into a Dark Ages.

Islam is the least of worries of the United States.
It was the Protestant Reformation that ended the 1st Dark Ages!...
LOL, you do not have a prejudice bone in your body! [sarcasm noted]

BTW, it was the Italian Renaissance that sparked the end of the Dark ages, not the Reformation.

I do agree with you on the illegal immigration issue in the country. Let's avoid this though.

Most Latin Americans are RC.
Mexicans are Latin American
Most Mexicans are RC.

We don't even know for sure that most illegal immigrants are religious. Lets avoid stereotyping.

I agree with Vic C.

@RED BEETLE: I myself am not Catholic and disagree with a lot of stuff in the Catholic religion(I myself am a non-denomination Protestant), but I don't think the pope is the anti christ.

BTW, it was the Italian Renaissance that sparked the end of the Dark ages, not the Reformation.

In no way did the Renaissance end the Dark Ages.
The so-called Renaissance scholars never left the Catholic Church, nor did they call for a Reformation. They were aristocratic and supported the feudal system which was produced by the Catholic Church.

It was on October 31st, 1517 that the Dark Ages came to an end.
Luther nailed his 95 Thesis to the church doors thus challenging the Roman Catholic system and calling for Reform. Only when the common man became educated in what the Scriptures taught did the Dark Ages come to an end. Renaissance scholars were only interested in their academic circles, not the common man. If not for Luther and Zwingli, then the so-called Renaissance would have ended just as its predecessor did in the Carolingian period under Charlemagne. The Protestant Reformation, from the doctrines of Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide, produced the literacy and the Protestant work ethic needed to end the Dark Ages. Those nations which embraced the Reformation developed into free democratic-republics and economic power-houses. Constitutional Government was born as a result, and the freedom of religion. Remember, it was Erasmus, the Renaissance scholar, that remained Catholic and loyal to the Catholic feudal system, not Luther.

LOL, you do not have a prejudice bone in your body! [sarcasm noted]
You say that as if it were wrong to oppose satanic teachings. It is our duty to stand up for the truth. This is the positive converse of the 9th commandment which forbids us to lie.

I do agree with you on the illegal immigration issue in the country. Let's avoid this though.
They are not immigrants. They are illegal aliens. Immigrants try to legally become citizens of a country and assimilate. They, the illegals, do neither.

Most Latin Americans are RC.
Mexicans are Latin American
Most Mexicans are RC.

We don't even know for sure that most illegal immigrants are religious. Lets avoid stereotyping.
At least 9 out of 10 are, and this is the main reason the Catholic Church in this country has organized to illegally aid the illegal aliens in coming into and staying for a while in this country. The Vatican has its reasons for opposing a wall on the southern border, and it is a political reason. Pope John Paul II, in his encyclical called ECCLESIA IN AMERICA, given in Mexico City in 1999, called for the Roman Catholic church both in Mexico and the U.S. to violate the laws of the United States and bring in illegal aliens. People need to remember that the Roman Catholic Church-state is a separate nation with political interests opposed to those of our U.S. Constitution. Catholicism does not believe in a Bill of Rights.

Let the Mexicans and Latin Americans come legally to this country if they want to come. We do not let illegal aliens determine our legislation.
Bushy and his entire administration, and the Democratic Congress who support him should be removed, and replaced by those who uphold our Constitution. The military should be placed on the southern border, and those here illegally, from Mexico or from China, should be arrested and removed from our country. Big corporations that hire illegals need to be heavily fined and their CEOs need to be jailed at least for a year.

Sola Fide
Red Beetle

ECCLESIA IN AMERICA
Yes, I am familiar with this document. A couple of years ago , I posted here about this document and especially the wrongness of this last paragraph.

Teach us to love your Mother, Mary, as you loved her.
Give us strength to proclaim your word with courage in the work of the new evangelization, so that the world may know new hope.
Our Lady of Guadalupe, Mother of America,
pray for us!

At least 9 out of 10 are...
... and you know this to be a fact?

The Vatican has its reasons for opposing a wall on the southern border, and it is a political reason. Pope John Paul II, in his encyclical called ECCLESIA IN AMERICA, given in Mexico City in 1999, called for the Roman Catholic church both in Mexico and the U.S. to violate the laws of the United States and bring in illegal aliens.
I'm assuming you actually read the document. Can you show us where it explicitly says this?

Let the Mexicans and Latin Americans come legally to this country if they want to come. We do not let illegal aliens determine our legislation.
Oh I agree totally. You mentioned Pat Buchanon and I agree with most of what he says too. Oh, btw, Pat is a self-professed RC. 8-)

Now, you may want to rewrite history, buy into the lie that the Renaissance was a hoax and say the Reformation ended the Dark ages, but history shows that without the Renaissance spreading into the north and west of Europe, the Reformation may have not have happened when it did and how it did.

Thanks for the links, but do you realize how absurd this sounds?

During all of this Satanic activity in the Old World, Satan was also very active on both sides of the Atlantic ocean. After the Resurrection of Christ, many of Satan's most powerful demons were unable to carry on their activities in the Old World . . . so they emigrated to the New!!
http://www.reformation.org/mexicans.html

Do they really think Christ's powers were limited to the old world only? These links sound like conspircy theories to me. We as Christians, need to stop pointing fingers. While I will agree that what Rome has done over the centuries was despicable, the Reformation's hands weren't clean either. We need to remind ourselves of our history, in an effort to NOT repeat it.

the Third Christian War 1529 -1531 - The Reformation in Switzerland

The Reformation in Switzerland was led by the Swiss pastor Huldreich Zwingli (1484 - 1531) in Zurich. After launching his campaign against Catholicism in 1518, Zwingli managed to persuade the town of Zurich to adopt his views and by 1525, many of the strictures of Roman Catholicism had been rejected - all with the legal sanction of the town council.

Other Swiss towns, such as Basel and Bern, adopted similar reforms, but the conservative peasantry of the forest cantons adhered to Roman Catholicism. Two short Christian Wars erupted in 1529 and 1531, with Zwingli himself being killed during the latter. In terms of a peace treaty, each Swiss canton was allowed to choose between Catholicism and Protestantism.

In 1536, a French Protestant, John Calvin, settled in Geneva after having been forced to flee his own Catholic country. Through his teachings and work Calvin managed to take Protestantism to new extremes: over-compensating for the worldly excesses of Catholicism, Calvin and his followers (Calvinists) forbid all forms of entertainment and regulated even the dress of ordinary people. In a fit of ecclesiastical zeal (which has only been equaled by later equally fanatic Muslim nations), dancing, card playing, gambling and other recreations were forbidden in Geneva; those caught breaking these rules were routinely put to death.

Calvin organized the diverse thought steams of Protestantism into a coherent whole: his influence helped create the churches later be known as the Reformed religions, in Scotland, France and in the Americas.
http://www.stormfront.org/whitehistory/hwr43.htm

That doesn't even touch on what Calvin had done to those who disagreed with him, nor did I comment about the Pruitans' tactics concerning their intolerance.

Jesus says, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. (John 8:7)

Paul says, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:23)

Common sense tells us that two wrongs do not make a right.

three lefts do though :lol:

Vic C. said:
http://www.stormfront.org/whitehistory/hwr43.htm

That doesn't even touch on what Calvin had done to those who disagreed with him, nor did I comment about the Pruitans' tactics concerning their intolerance.

Jesus says, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. (John 8:7)

Paul says, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:23)

Common sense tells us that two wrongs do not make a right.

three lefts do though :lol:

From what "history" text are you citing from?
You don't give any citations, sounds like you made up the crap you impute to Calvin.

Calvin is wrongly blamed for Servetus' death. But if he had people killed for dancing, Calvinists would never have heard the end of it. So if you can produce some type of credible reference, for I have read plenty of histories of Calvin and never come across such nonsense, then we will examine that reference. Till then, I'd say lay off whatever it is your smoking.

Everybody likes to take shots at the Puritans, especially Catholics and Agnostics, after all they can't refute their theology so they need to attack their character in order to bias the dumb masses, but feel free to cite some specific references from some credible source.

There is nothing like discussing the Salem witch trials in comparison to the Holy Inquisition, and what occurred after each was finished.

Other than that what else could you bring?
Ann Hutchison?

Sola Fide
Red Beetle

Vic,
I can't resist any longer.
Could you please explain to us the citation, which is your tag, from that heretic "St." Francis Assissi?

Why don't you preach the Gospel to us right now without using words.
Why don't you explain how this can be done.
This is just one perfect example of the enormous body of irrationalism that is the Roman Catholic Church-state.

with words
Red Beetle

Vic C. said:
Thanks for the links, but do you realize how absurd this sounds?

During all of this Satanic activity in the Old World, Satan was also very active on both sides of the Atlantic ocean. After the Resurrection of Christ, many of Satan's most powerful demons were unable to carry on their activities in the Old World . . . so they emigrated to the New!!
http://www.reformation.org/mexicans.html

Do they really think Christ's powers were limited to the old world only? These links sound like conspircy theories to me. We as Christians, need to stop pointing fingers. While I will agree that what Rome has done over the centuries was despicable, the Reformation's hands weren't clean either. We need to remind ourselves of our history, in an effort to NOT repeat it.

There is much, much more information at that website concerning the religious attitude of those in North America prior to and including the proselytization of the indiginous peoples; much more than the first paragraph that you quoted. Here is the whole paragraph of the small portion that you have chosen to use in an attempted negative direction:
  • This exposé is based upon the book Natural and Moral History of the Indies by José de Acosta, S.J.

Around the year 1100, Satan was on the MOVE preparing for the last quarter of world history which was to begin with the discovery of the New World and the Reformation. In 1066, England was invaded and subjugated by Roman Catholic William the Conqueror, and a century later Hibernia (Ireland), was annexed to England and Rome by the grandson of William the Conqueror.

In 1139, the country of Portugal was created which became the homeland of the fake "discoverer" Christopher Columbus.

Satan's monstrosities or GIANTS had already found a refuge in the New World when they fled from Joshua during the conquest of the Promised Land (1500 B.C. ).
How many in the New World knew of Jesus Christ in the 12 century? Also, which is more feasible; events in life occur because of happenstance without human intervention, or that events in life occur because of men plan and carry out events (conspire)? I have been around long enough to know that events in life transpire because men plan and carry out events.

Many in the Roman Catholic institution are kept in the false teachings of that organization because of the unbelief of the laity, and the threats upon those that come against the RCC. Kings, Popes, Presidents, and others have been murdered from instructions delivered by those behind the Roman Catholic institution.

Read a couple of these books:

THE HISTORY OF ROMANISM
FROM THE EARLIEST CORRUPTIONS OF CHRISTIANITY
TO THE PRESENT TIME
by Reverand John Dowling, A.M.
Pastor of the Berean Church in New York
Published NEW YORK:Edward Walker, 114 Fulton Street, 1845

ROMANISM AS A WORLD POWER
ADDRESS OF LUTHER S. KAUFFMAN
PRESIDENT TO THE ANTISECTARIAN APPROPRIATION ASSOCIATION
BEFORE THE METHODIST EPISCOPAL MINISTERS MEETING
of Philidelphia, New Jersey, and Vicinity
on December 12, 1921

THE AWFUL DISCLOSURES OF
MARIA MONK
AND
MYSTERIES OF A CONVENT
Mysteries of a Convent is most important; as it reveals the power of the Jesuit General within the United States in 1835. Imagine the extent of his power today via the FBI, CIA, and NSA.

The BLACK POPE
A HISTORY OF THE JESUITS

BY M. F. CUSACK 1896

One question that I have for you would be, "Should we not divulge information concerning the satanic influence that is upon the Roman Catholic Church over the laity, or should we just allow them to continue onward in their ignorance, which includes ignorance of the true Gospel of Jesus Christ; without warning them?

RED BEETLE said:
From what "history" text are you citing from?
You don't give any citations, sounds like you made up the crap you impute to Calvin.

Calvin is wrongly blamed for Servetus' death. But if he had people killed for dancing, Calvinists would never have heard the end of it. So if you can produce some type of credible reference, for I have read plenty of histories of Calvin and never come across such nonsense, then we will examine that reference. Till then, I'd say lay off whatever it is your smoking.

Everybody likes to take shots at the Puritans, especially Catholics and Agnostics, after all they can't refute their theology so they need to attack their character in order to bias the dumb masses, but feel free to cite some specific references from some credible source.

There is nothing like discussing the Salem witch trials in comparison to the Holy Inquisition, and what occurred after each was finished.

Other than that what else could you bring?
Ann Hutchison?

Sola Fide
Red Beetle
WOW! The very same tactic the RC's use when you bring up the word "Huguenots" and the St Bartholomew Massacre. :-? Denial.

Why don't you preach the Gospel to us right now without using words.
Why don't you explain how this can be done.
I have to explain this to you? :o Read James. The arrogance and condecension you spew around here is almost as bad as some of the Universalists we used to have here. We don't need any more Anti-catholic trashing around here; it has caused more than it's share of problems in the past. If you have a problems with the RCC, go to one of their Forums and take it up with them.

Read my post again. I posted my source. I have to; it's in our ToS. Besides, you even quoted the link! :o The link was linked to another link I got from: http://www.historicist.com/protestant_history.htm

Back