Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Ask a Laveyan Satanist

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
"Satan" is a term the Christian church came up with to describe the "evil" forces that cause mankind to sin.

Zepto, you don’t know what you think you know…

The Christian church did not invent Satan; the teaching of Satan is presented in the first book of genesis, and carried over in exegesis in other OT books.

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.”

1 Chronicles 21:1And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.Etc.

"the Christian Church made fornication the “Original Sin.”

Again, untrue. Now I thought you promised to be educational? I want my money back…

We are to turn the other cheek and inasmuch as it is possible to be at peace with all men. Neither do we resist evil, but seek to overcome evil by doing good.
Yea, and sometimes, it is only possible to live in peace by showing strength when a walking nimnod can't seem to learn any other way. :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, and sometimes, it is only possible to live in peace by showing strength when a walking anus can't seem to learn any other way. :thumbsup

The way I have come to see it is that the bozo is me....I once did all kinds of crazy things...but I was open (as it turns out) to a true Christian witness. I don't think I ever encountered one though.

So if a crazy driver cuts me off...I think...hey, I used to be that guy....;)

The way I have come to see it is that the bozo is me....I once did all kinds of crazy things...but I was open (as it turns out) to a true Christian witness. I don't think I ever encountered one though.

So if a crazy driver cuts me off...I think...hey, I used to be that guy....;)

A nutty driver is no big deal, if they cut me off and drive away, I let 'em go.
My remark was about those who WON'T STOP (what ever it is they are doing). Such encounters are rare, but do happen.

A nutty driver is no big deal, if they cut me off and drive away, I let 'em go.
My remark was about those who WON'T STOP (what ever it is they are doing). Such encounters are rare, but do happen.

But even then there is nothing that happens that the Lord doesn't know about. I try to just rejoice in all things at all times... :)

Tri Unity,
Maybe the Church didn't come up with Satan, but it certainly uses that name to describe the "evil" forces that cause mankind to sin.
Maybe the Church didn't make fornification the original sin, but it certainly looks down upon it as a sin.

Fornification is in fact at least part of the original sin (Adam biting the apple).
When Adam sinned, human nature was thenceforth transformed. Adam and Eve, via sexual reproduction, recreated human nature. The original sin directy forced Adam and Eve to fornicate by taking their immortality.

I try to base myself on what I know is right: the Church does these things. Most likely there was a pre-Church version of christianity, and Satan originated there.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I should have gone back futher in time. But ask yourself, what matters more? A specific date, or the reason mankind came up with him?

I said Captain...

Well done for correcting your ideas once they were questioned. That takes humility; and that is a Godly quality. God is all about teaching us admirable qualities; for He intended us to be made in His image. That process is still continuing. God made the canvas; we paint our own picture. God teaches us 'good and bad', so to speak, and it is up to us whether or not we listen. Christianity is about the finished canvas; not the raw untouched materials.

Tri

I said Captain...

Well done for correcting your ideas once they were questioned. That takes humility; and that is a Godly quality. God is all about teaching us admirable qualities; for He intended us to be made in His image. That process is still continuing. God made the canvas; we paint our own picture. God teaches us 'good and bad', so to speak, and it is up to us whether or not we listen. Christianity is about the finished canvas; not the raw untouched materials.

Tri

Thank you, Tri Unity. When I'm wrong, I'll admit it. After all, being proven wrong benefits me. I learn from it. Pride is an awesome thing, and it often cheers me up, but sometimes you have to put it beside you and admit defeat.

Sorry to break up the fun, but we do not permit these "Ask the..." threads that are only opportunities to espouse anti-Christian stances.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back