Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] Asked and Answered!! :)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
Awhile back, there was a thread about Baptism of the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues. I had said that I was not sure if I had ever been baptized of the Holy Spirit, and have not ever spoken in tongues. I have been praying for these tings to happen for me, and for all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit in fact. Whatever the Lord thinks I have need of, He will give to me. So I continue to pray for these things. One brother in Christ of mine which I respect highly has told me that he can tell that I have been baptized of the Holy Spirit and of this he is certain for various reasons. So I suppose that it is possible to be baptized of the Holy Spirit and not actually realize what it was that took place. I may have been overcome by the Spirit and received an anointing to do something for the Lord, and not realized what else happened at the same time? But I digress...

Yesterday, I was praying to the Lord, and at one point I began speaking in tongues. It was pretty weird to me, though I certainly knew what was going on. It was as if I stopped thinking for myself and it just simply flowed from me. I knew to stand down and go with the flow until the Holy Spirit was finished praying for me. I don't know what I prayed for, but I know it had to be good! Praise the Lord indeed, Brothers and Sisters! :)

I have been patient and continued to pray for this because this is what we are to do. This year I have made strides to become closer to the Lord and to obey, read more, pray more, seek His presence and face. No more can anyone tell me that tongues are not for this age, or stopped with the Apostles. Experience trumps doctrine every time brothers and sisters. Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, Praise The LORD!!!

Thought I'd share with you all. :)

Awhile back, there was a thread about Baptism of the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues. I had said that I was not sure if I had ever been baptized of the Holy Spirit, and have not ever spoken in tongues. I have been praying for these tings to happen for me, and for all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit in fact. Whatever the Lord thinks I have need of, He will give to me. So I continue to pray for these things. One brother in Christ of mine which I respect highly has told me that he can tell that I have been baptized of the Holy Spirit and of this he is certain for various reasons. So I suppose that it is possible to be baptized of the Holy Spirit and not actually realize what it was that took place. I may have been overcome by the Spirit and received an anointing to do something for the Lord, and not realized what else happened at the same time? But I digress...

Yesterday, I was praying to the Lord, and at one point I began speaking in tongues. It was pretty weird to me, though I certainly knew what was going on. It was as if I stopped thinking for myself and it just simply flowed from me. I knew to stand down and go with the flow until the Holy Spirit was finished praying for me. I don't know what I prayed for, but I know it had to be good! Praise the Lord indeed, Brothers and Sisters! :)

I have been patient and continued to pray for this because this is what we are to do. This year I have made strides to become closer to the Lord and to obey, read more, pray more, seek His presence and face. No more can anyone tell me that tongues are not for this age, or stopped with the Apostles. Experience trumps doctrine every time brothers and sisters. Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, Praise The LORD!!!

Thought I'd share with you all. :)

There you go my gifted Brother. Now that you know that you have entered into a gift of the Holy Spirit that people say is dead, you know that ALL other gifts are yours for the asking. I would suggest that you pray for the Baptism of love. I believe that the Lord our God wants you to have it to complete your experience. I probably don't have to tell you this, but I will:approve Just ask Jesus, in prayer, to Baptize you with His love. He will, and by faith receive it. You will note a change in how you feel about others and how you respond to others....Be blessed my friend.

Whoa, what a great idea brother! Thank you. I will certainly do that. :yes

I believe in all of the gifts already. I know the Lord is doing many things on the earth right now and has been for awhile. Satan knows his time is short and has upped his game. This is easily discernible (or should be, lol). The Lord has countered by upping his participation and works. He needs an army of mature believers at this time. What an exciting time to live in! Praise the Lord!

Whoa, what a great idea brother! Thank you. I will certainly do that. :yes

I believe in all of the gifts already. I know the Lord is doing many things on the earth right now and has been for awhile. Satan knows his time is short and has upped his game. This is easily discernible (or should be, lol). The Lord has countered by upping his participation and works. He needs an army of mature believers at this time. What an exciting time to live in! Praise the Lord!

Hey Buddy, you are right on! I wish that our churches could respond to what you just posted. We need all the gifts of the Holy Spirit active in them. Ephesians 4:11-16 gives us the formula for revival in our churches. It is my opinion that a revival will not come to churches and individuals until we operate in the power of the Holy Spirit. The gifts and fruit of the Holy Spirit is the door of revival in these last days. We need to stop grieving God's Spirit by refusing His gifts! The stubborn spirit that our pastor's have needs to change.

Here is the problem with the leaders of our churches, PRIDE! today's pastors are afraid of the gifts of the Holy Spirit because the pastor wants to be in the spot light, not some average Joe exercising, lets say, the gift of knowledge, or wisdom, faith, or the gift of healing. In other words, the spotlight will be on everyone not just the pastor. Pastors are very jealous of their position, and hold back anyone who is "in the Spirit". They have a set schudule of time, a set sermon, and no one had better interrupt!

Ed my friend, a personal revival has come to you. Speaking in tongues is not only a way to communicate with our Lord Jesus Christ, but also is a sign to you. When you pray for and receive the baptism of love, that will propel you into a new realm of ministry. You are now ready for all the gifts to flow through you as the Holy Spirit see fit....Yes, you are being revived! There will be more power in your witness, go, in the Name of our Master, Jesus Christ. :clap

Hey Buddy, you are right on! I wish that our churches could respond to what you just posted. We need all the gifts of the Holy Spirit active in them. Ephesians 4:11-16 gives us the formula for revival in our churches. It is my opinion that a revival will not come to churches and individuals until we operate in the power of the Holy Spirit. The gifts and fruit of the Holy Spirit is the door of revival in these last days. We need to stop grieving God's Spirit by refusing His gifts! The stubborn spirit that our pastor's have needs to change.

Here is the problem with the leaders of our churches, PRIDE! today's pastors are afraid of the gifts of the Holy Spirit because the pastor wants to be in the spot light, not some average Joe exercising, lets say, the gift of knowledge, or wisdom, faith, or the gift of healing. In other words, the spotlight will be on everyone not just the pastor. Pastors are very jealous of their position, and hold back anyone who is "in the Spirit". They have a set schudule of time, a set sermon, and no one had better interrupt!

Ed my friend, a personal revival has come to you. Speaking in tongues is not only a way to communicate with our Lord Jesus Christ, but also is a sign to you. When you pray for and receive the baptism of love, that will propel you into a new realm of ministry. You are now ready for all the gifts to flow through you as the Holy Spirit see fit....Yes, you are being revived! There will be more power in your witness, go, in the Name of our Master, Jesus Christ. :clap

1 Corinthians 14:1

1 Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy./(ESV)

We are to earnestly desire the spiritual gifts. This goes beyond just wanting them, and goes beyond milk drinking, I realized. SO I set out to begin praying for them in earnest, very much.

"13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:"

See what I mean? That was a very good scripture that you posted. These are the times where we will need these gifts moreso than any other generation. Gone are the days of going to church once a week and reading the bible occasionally. This is serious stuff nowadays, and everyone better be ready. We need to be mature and close to the Lord, that he may do His good works through us.

I know what you mean about the Pastors. I've ran into that before, and it was very curious to me at the time. I think you're right though. Takes the spotlight off of him. This is not right either. The whole congregation should be active in the gifts and warriors for the Lord, all starting on an individual level, with individual responsibility. Relationship relationship relationship. God has a plan for each one of us and where we fit into the body and what we will do. Sometimes I wonder what could I have done and where would I be if I had been walking with the Lord sooner? Wasting time. Precious souls may have been lost because I did not jump into the plan sooner, and that makes me feel sad.

Thank you brother, I need revival and am ready for it. I think I am at least, lol. :) The Lord knows.

Back