Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Baptism

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Corn Pop

Faith is belief, its beliving in things not seen. Hope and trust.

Why are some people so obssesed with baptism like water saves people?.

Christ saves lives, not water. Abraham believed God, he believed God would deliever through Christ even he did not see it he believed God and thats faith and he was credited with righteousness.

The thief on the cross asked Jesus to remember him, he was down and had no one else to turn to for comfort and support but Christ, he decided to believe and put his hope and trust in Christs hands, and Christ credited him with righteousness for having that faith, he didnt get dunked in water or eat a slice of bread.

Water baptisim is good its a good thing, but its not needed to be saved and sometimes people freak out they not baptised in water and question there faith and if they saved. Our belief is not in a river of water, its in God alone.

Christ is the living water, he is the bread of life, faith in Christ is more important and more worthy than believing being dunked in some water saves lives.

Last edited:

Christ saves lives, not water. Abraham believed God, he believed God would deliever through Christ even he did not see it he believed God and thats faith and he was credited with righteousness.

The thief on the cross asked Jesus to remember him, he was down and had no one else to turn to for comfort and support but Christ, he decided to believe and put his hope and trust in Christs hands, and Christ credited him with righteousness for having that faith, he didnt get dunked in water or eat a slice of bread.

Water baptisim is good and if offered should not be refused as its a good thing, but its not needed to be saved and sometimes people freak out they not baptised in water and question there faith and if they saved.

Christ is the living water, he is the bread of life, faith in Christ is more worthy than being dunked in some water or eating a piece of bread.

It is not the water that saves us but Jesus. The real issue is when does Jesus save us.
The answer to that is the way he gave us to be saved is in baptism with water. That is not to deny that in exceptional circumstances Jesus will save us without water baptism.
Jesus promised us: "He who believes and is baptized will be saved" (Mk 16:16)
So both faith and baptism in water are required. Getting "baptised" without faith is just getting wet.

Peter writing about those saved in the OT in Noah's day "Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you" (1Pet 3:21)

Last edited by a moderator:

Water baptisim is good its a good thing, but its not needed to be saved and sometimes people freak out they not baptised in water and question there faith and if they saved. Our belief is not in a river of water, its in God alone.

Christ is the living water, he is the bread of life, faith in Christ is more important and more worthy than believing being dunked in some water saves lives.
Hi King Dan of Great the 1st

Well, I can only speak of my own understanding, but...

In pretty much every example in the book of the Acts of the Apostles, we find that people who came to faith in what the Lord Jesus had done, were then told or shown to be baptized. Me, I'm one who believes that the way Paul and Peter and the first apostles practiced the faith is likely 'how' true faith should be carried on.

There is, of course, also Jesus' own words, which are in some disagreement as to their genuineness. Jesus' own words spoken from his very own mouth.

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

I know for myself, that's why I would encourage every believer to be baptized. I think that most theologians make the claim that it is a sign of obedience to the Lord. I would question why anyone claiming to be a believer would then balk at participating in such a sign that shows their obedience to the one they claim to now wanting to be obedient to.

God bless,
Ted

In pretty much every example in the book of the Acts of the Apostles, we find that people who came to faith in what the Lord Jesus had done, were then told or shown to be baptized. Me, I'm one who believes that the way Paul and Peter and the first apostles practiced the faith is likely 'how' true faith should be carried on.

There is, of course, also Jesus' own words, which are in some disagreement as to their genuineness. Jesus' own words spoken from his very own mouth.

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

I know for myself, that's why I would encourage every believer to be baptized. I think that most theologians make the claim that it is a sign of obedience to the Lord. I would question why anyone claiming to be a believer would then balk at participating in such a sign that shows their obedience to the one they claim to now wanting to be obedient to.

God bless,
Ted

I maintain it's more than just a sign of obedience. But even as a sign if someone refuses to participate in a sign of obedience, when Jesus has commanded it, is being disobedience = disbelief.
Jesus continues in Mk 16:16 "but he who does not believe will be condemned"

Are they obsessed? Some certainly believe (mistakenly) that water baptism saves, but I don't know that this makes them obsessed with the idea...

Christ saves lives, not water.

Right. There is only one Savior and we can do nothing, no good deed, to contribute to his salvation of us.

John 14:6
Acts 4:12
1 Timothy 2:5
Ephesians 2:8-9
Titus 3:5-8
2 Timothy 1:9

Well, poorly understood, the New Testament seems to indicate that water baptism is necessary to salvation. But baptism is simply belief in action; it is the first instance (ideally) of a believer acting out what they believe concerning the Gospel; it is the "fruit," or by-product, of salvation, not the means of it. The relationship of saving faith to corresponding action is so inevitable and close, however, that some make them synonymous. A careful reading of Scripture, however, confounds this thinking.

John 1:12
12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,

John 11:25-26
25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,
26 and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"

John 3:16
16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:36
36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life..."

1 Corinthians 1:14-17
14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,
15 so that no one would say you were baptized in my name.
16 Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized any other.
17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not in cleverness of speech, so that the cross of Christ would not be made void.

Romans 10:9-10
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

1 John 4:15
15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

1 Peter 1:8-9
8 and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,
9 obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls.

If baptism is vital to salvation, how is that so many Scripture verses speaking of salvation do not mention water baptism? Belief, faith and confession are common to the matter of salvation in the New Testament, but not baptism.

Are they obsessed? Some certainly believe (mistakenly) that water baptism saves, but I don't know that this makes them obsessed with the idea...
Not just some, but the overwhelming majority of Christians, believe that they are saved in water baptism.
They got this idea because it was what Jesus taught. It has abundant support from scripture and was practiced by the early church and to this day by the majority of Christians.

Verses that explicitly say baptism save us:
1. Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved (Mk 16:16)

2. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, (1Pet 3:21)

3. Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand persons were added that day. ……. And every day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved. (Acts 2:41….47)

Verses that implicitly say baptism saves us:
4. Or are you unaware that we who were baptised into Christ Jesus were baptised into his death? We were indeed buried with him through baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might live in newness of life. For if we have grown into union with him through a death like his, we shall also be united with him in the resurrection.
(Rom 6:3-4)

5. “..he saved us, not because of any works of righteousness that we had done, but according to his mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal in the Holy Spirit.” (Titus 3:5)

6. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. (1Cor 6:11)

7. “Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. (Jn 3;5)

Verses that link baptism to some aspect of salvation:
8. Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. (Acts 2:38)

9. Now, why delay? Get up and have yourself baptised and your sins washed away, calling upon his name. (Acts 22:16).

10. let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. (Heb 10:22)

11. You were buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead. And even when you were dead (in) transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, he brought you to life along with him, having forgiven us all our transgressions; (Col 2:11-13)

12. all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. (Gal 3:27).

But it is God who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us, by putting his seal on us and giving us his Spirit in our hearts as a first installment. (2Cor 1:22)

When we are clothed with Christ we have been put into Christ and God gives us the Holy Spirit in our hearts. Just as was prophesied by Ezekial (Ez 36:25-27):
I will sprinkle clean water upon you to cleanse you from all your impurities, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. I will give you a new heart and place a new spirit within you, taking from your bodies your stony hearts and giving you natural hearts. I will put my spirit within you….

13. “In him also you were circumcised with a spiritual circumcision, by putting off the body of the flesh in the circumcision of Christ; when you were buried with him in baptism, you were also raised with him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.” (Col 2:11-12)

Baptism brings us into the body of Christ (the Church).
14. As a body is one though it has many parts, and all the parts of the body, though many, are one body, so also Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptised into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slaves or free persons, and we were all given to drink of one Spirit. (1Cor 12:12-13).

15. This text also shows this: one body and one Spirit, as you were also called to the one hope of your call; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; (Eph 4:4-5)

16. Through baptism we are brought into the new covenant “In him also you were circumcised with a spiritual circumcision, by putting off the body of the flesh in the circumcision of Christ; when you were buried with him in baptism, you were also raised with him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.” (Col 2:11-12)
This clearly links a “spiritual circumcision” with baptism, a link from baptism to the covenant, not through physical circumcision (as in the Old Covenant) but a spiritual one.

17. For through faith you are all children of God in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free person, there is not male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendant, heirs according to the promise. (Gal 3:26-27)

Paul tells us in Romans 9:8 “That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.”
It is in baptism (with water) that we become children of the promise; we are made children of God.

That argument could be wrong. If I recall correctly, there are several mentions of Jesus and his disciples baptizing people throughout Israel. So, I'm not sure that we can categorically claim that the thief on the cross had not been baptized. Of course, it's not clear either way. I'm just not confident that this particular argument is necessarily true to the facts of the matter.

I mean, we still live with a sinful nature even after believing on Jesus, at least that's been my experience. Paul writes as though it were so. So, the thief on the cross may well have been baptized in one of the forays of the disciples throughout Israel spreading the gospel. Then he fell to the temptation of sin, and may well have been stealing to feed himself or his family. Still wrong, but a powerful temptation for a man. He seems to have obviously had some previous knowledge of Jesus since he says, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” I mean, there isn't any recorded discussion while they were hanging there on the cross about any kingdom. How did he know that Jesus was returning to a kingdom?

Just thoughts on the matter. But again, I don't think this argument stands as necessarily true, that the thief was never baptized. And of course, even if it is true, I don't think those of us who turn to Jesus and still have plenty of opportunity to be baptized, should count on the particular situation that the thief found himself in as being a valid excuse for themselves.

God bless,
Ted

God bless,
Ted
Good post.
Taken in tandem with the effects of water baptism written of in Romans 6, that being, the end of the old man and new life of the risen man, we see that besides the washing away of past sins by the blood of Christ, rebirth also occurs at our "immersion" "into Christ".

Hey All,
You have a lot of good answers here King Dan of Great the 1st. I would like to add mine. So let's look at English used, and then the Greek word for "for."
Take a good look at the passage from where this is teaching on "believe and is baptized." Then I will comment afterwards:

Mark 16:15-16 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

We know from Paul that salvation is by grace through faith. (Ephesians 2:8)
Jesus makes this clear. (John 3:16)
Plus, this part of Mark 16 is disputed and is not found in some of the early manuscripts. I quoted part of an article I found describing this:

Was Mark 16:9–20 Originally Part of Mark’s Gospel?
FEBRUARY 13, 2020 | Elijah Hixson
To put it in perspective, it’s important to know that including a note here is not a recent development in the history of the church. Christians have known for centuries that Mark 16:9–20 might not have originally been part of Mark’s Gospel. End quote.

You can find the whole article on line. It is interesting.
But because verses 9-20 are disputed I would hesitate to make it doctrine. We do have this passage in Acts 2:38-29:

Acts 2:38-39 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Acts 2 is not disputed. But the Greek word for "for" (phonetically pronounced "eis") has several different meanings. I can give you a different meaning right now for "for" in English.
Example: The dentist tells you to, use Tylenol for your pain, "for" in this usage does not mean "in order to get pain. "For," in this usage, means to take it because you already have pain. Also, look at the context of the passage. "For" comes after Jesus, and is the start of a prepositional phase. So the "for," is referring to Jesus as "the cause" of the remission of sins. If baptism were the focus of the phrase, it should be after the word baptized. One must insert the phrase before or after the subject to which it was intended. You can't insert it later in the sentence because you will lose the context of the phrase. Simple English.
Here are a couple more examples of the Greek word "eis":

In Matthew 12:41 Jesus, speaking of the people in Ninevah, said they "repented at the preaching of Jonah” The word “at” is the same Greek word "eis." "Eis" cannot mean they repented" in order to get the preaching of Jonah. "Eis" is being used to note that the Ninavites repented "because of" the preaching of Jonah.

1 Corinthians 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
The word "unto" is the same word "eis." It doesn't mean "in order to get Moses." He was already there with them. The "cloud" represented the 10 Commandments, and "in the sea,” the parting of the Red Sea. So, again, "eis" cannot mean “in order to get” in this passage because the "baptized" is being used in the past tense. The Israelites were not trying to get Moses. The proper translation is "because of Moses." You know this contextualy.

Jesus is the cause of my repentance. Baptism, then, becomes the result of my belief. Most people do not get baptized immediately after repentance. They do it after thy learn what It is, and why believers do this.

Now, having said all of this, baptism is very important in a believer's walk. It is a public act, usually the first, of the new creation we have become. So, YES, get baptized as soon as possible.

But if you repented, and haven't been able to be baptized, don't worry about whether you are saved or not. Example: You are a minor and your parents are not believers and tell you no. Honor their decision as this is one of the commandments. God has saved you. You can get baptized when you become an adult.
I hope this helps. Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

John speaking to Israel

“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”

Paul Apostle of the gentiles.

For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel.

Sent for Peter

Then Peter said, “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Gentiles baptised in water but Peter come preach the gospel so they be baptised in Christ. Gospel more imporant.

Baptised in the name of Jesus is in the gospel.

Last edited:

Finally, there is Jesus' command to his followers. Go and baptize! In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

While that's a command to his followers to perform baptism, it seems quite important for us to baptize those who profess belief. So my position is that the apostles baptized pretty much every believer that they tell us about. And apparently the Ethiopian knew right away that he needed to be baptized. It is understood by the modern day christian theologian as being a sign of obedience. Jesus' own words, in two places, make it seem an important part of salvation.

So, does baptism save? If you're alive and breathing and a believer in the Lord Jesus for you salvation...get baptized!

God bless,
Ted

John said he baptised Israel for repentance and that Christ might be revelaled.
Jesus and his disciples never went around baptising people with water claiming it was nessesary.

Paul said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said to him, “No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.” And he said, “Into what then were you baptized?” And they said, “Into John’s baptism.”

Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in Him who was coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Water baptism was a sign that John gave for israel to repentance and that they might believe in the one coming after him.

If you believe the gospel of Christ and have faith thats baptism.

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

And Jesus said to the woman, your faith has saved you. The woman did not see, yet she believed and prepared Jesus.

She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial. Truly I tell you, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her. Jesus said to her your sins are forgiven and your faith has saved you.

And on and on and on.

Last edited:

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,...

so, you don't think he's necessarily talking about water baptism here? Yet we go from this right into the Acts of the Apostles where we are shown that after Jesus ascended into heaven every new believer was baptized. BTW before Jesus was buried and resurrected, the tenets of water baptism wouldn't have yet applied. Which is why those people who were baptized by John didn't have the correct baptism. Jesus hadn't been buried and resurrected yet and so John's baptism would not have reflected that reality. It's also possible that since Jesus hadn't given the command to baptize new believers into the name of the Father, Son and Spirit, that John's baptism may have also come up short.

God bless,
Ted

Hey All,
You have a lot of good answers here King Dan of Great the 1st. I would like to add mine. So let's look at English used, and then the Greek word for "for."
Take a good look at the passage from where this is teaching on "believe and is baptized." Then I will comment afterwards:

Mark 16:15-16 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

We know from Paul that salvation is by grace through faith. (Ephesians 2:8)
Jesus makes this clear. (John 3:16)
Plus, this part of Mark 16 is disputed and is not found in some of the early manuscripts. I quoted part of an article I found describing this:

Was Mark 16:9–20 Originally Part of Mark’s Gospel?
FEBRUARY 13, 2020 | Elijah Hixson
To put it in perspective, it’s important to know that including a note here is not a recent development in the history of the church. Christians have known for centuries that Mark 16:9–20 might not have originally been part of Mark’s Gospel. End quote.

You can find the whole article on line. It is interesting.
But because verses 9-20 are disputed I would hesitate to make it doctrine. We do have this passage in Acts 2:38-29:

Acts 2:38-39 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Acts 2 is not disputed. But the Greek word for "for" (phonetically pronounced "eis") has several different meanings. I can give you a different meaning right now for "for" in English.
Example: The dentist tells you to, use Tylenol for your pain, "for" in this usage does not mean "in order to get pain. "For," in this usage, means to take it because you already have pain. Also, look at the context of the passage. "For" comes after Jesus, and is the start of a prepositional phase. So the "for," is referring to Jesus as "the cause" of the remission of sins. If baptism were the focus of the phrase, it should be after the word baptized. One must insert the phrase before or after the subject to which it was intended. You can't insert it later in the sentence because you will lose the context of the phrase. Simple English.
Here are a couple more examples of the Greek word "eis":

In Matthew 12:41 Jesus, speaking of the people in Ninevah, said they "repented at the preaching of Jonah” The word “at” is the same Greek word "eis." "Eis" cannot mean they repented" in order to get the preaching of Jonah. "Eis" is being used to note that the Ninavites repented "because of" the preaching of Jonah.

1 Corinthians 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
The word "unto" is the same word "eis." It doesn't mean "in order to get Moses." He was already there with them. The "cloud" represented the 10 Commandments, and "in the sea,” the parting of the Red Sea. So, again, "eis" cannot mean “in order to get” in this passage because the "baptized" is being used in the past tense. The Israelites were not trying to get Moses. The proper translation is "because of Moses." You know this contextualy.

Jesus is the cause of my repentance. Baptism, then, becomes the result of my belief. Most people do not get baptized immediately after repentance. They do it after thy learn what It is, and why believers do this.

Now, having said all of this, baptism is very important in a believer's walk. It is a public act, usually the first, of the new creation we have become. So, YES, get baptized as soon as possible.

But if you repented, and haven't been able to be baptized, don't worry about whether you are saved or not. Example: You are a minor and your parents are not believers and tell you no. Honor their decision as this is one of the commandments. God has saved you. You can get baptized when you become an adult.
I hope this helps. Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Why can't a man get water baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins with the same faith by grace Paul wrote of ?
Without baptism, there is no rebirth.
Is that something you are willing to risk at the mouths of interpreting nay-sayers ?

so, you don't think he's necessarily talking about water baptism here?

No, i just dont think people are saved based on if they have been dunked in water. That is all. Its nothing against water baptism as who can forbid it if its there as the scriptures say.

Both water and the gospel is good, being baptised is good, yet Christ saves, not a practice being dunked in water, so i do not believe that if someone has not been dunked in water Jesus is going to say to them because you did not get dunked in water i do not know you.

Its faith through belief of the Gospel that is Christ.

Like if one day i decided to go to a church and for some reason that day they were doing baptisms i would get baptised. Why not, why should i forbid it if it is there and offered. If not then so be it. I dont place my faith and hope in it or believe im doomed if i dont.

Last edited:

Finally, there is Jesus' command to his followers. Go and baptize! In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

While that's a command to his followers to perform baptism, it seems quite important for us to baptize those who profess belief. So my position is that the apostles baptized pretty much every believer that they tell us about. And apparently the Ethiopian knew right away that he needed to be baptized. It is understood by the modern day christian theologian as being a sign of obedience. Jesus' own words, in two places, make it seem an important part of salvation.

So, does baptism save? If you're alive and breathing and a believer in the Lord Jesus for you salvation...get baptized!

God bless,
Ted
King Dan of Great the 1st, I figure that Jesus got baptized despite John's apprehension so too shall I.

King Dan of Great the 1st, I figure that Jesus got baptized despite John's apprehension so too shall I.

John was probably wondering why he had to baptise the one who come after him at that time, whos sandles he was not worthy to tie.

But Jesus was born and raised a Jew and was under the Law given to Moses and he was Israel from the tribe of Judah, so he took Johns baptism. He needed to be baptised himself because he is Israel and Israel needed to repent and John come baptising to and for Israel.

Im not Israel or under the law given to Moses. People are grafted into Israel but thats through Christ and his baptism.

Its just my opinion so bring some scripture if you would like to show me otherwise, im open to being corrected. Its just how i see it.

Last edited:
Hey All,
Hopeful2 wrote, "Why can't a man get water baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins with the same faith by grace Paul wrote of ?
Without baptism, there is no rebirth.
Is that something you are willing to risk at the mouths of interpreting nay-sayers ?"
(I copied and pasted because I don't know how to use the quote function here.)

Answer: Because the sins of the believer are forgiven at the moment of salvation.
Baptism does not make a person "born again."
Have you noticed the debate/discussion always centers on baptism? Nobody has a problem with the believing part.

Matthew 26:27-28 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The blood of Jesus, as a pure and holy sacrifice, made the remission of sins possible. Remission activates when we confess our sins. We are cleansed from all unrighteousness at that moment. We become a new creations. We were born of water --natural childbirth. Now we are born of the spirit--born again.

Baptism did not save me. It did not forgive my sins. I knew in my heart (soul, gut, mind, whatever you want to call it) that I was saved the moment I believed. Baptism was my public confession of what had already happened. I did it out of obedience to Christ. It represented, physically, the death of the old man, and the resurrection of the new man. Keep walking everybody. May God,
Taz

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back