Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Best Sport in the World

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Free

Lead Admin - christianforums.net
Staff member
Lead Admin
Yes, hockey season is upon us once again. I am so excited.

Getting together with my family for Thanksgiving dinner and it just happens to be the season opener for the Calgary Flames, playing the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Go Flames!

[video=youtube;Fowd29dOyh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fowd29dOyh0[/video]

They have Thanksgiving in Canadia?
Sure do. It's about a month earlier than yours. This Monday.

But don't forget that we have hockey too.:biggrin In fact, this is where it all started, although that's not what makes it the best sport in the world.

But don't we have all the good hockey teams down here?

And of course by "good" I do mean exclusively the team that is from New England.

And what is your Thanksgiving in celebration of? The Pilgrims also or did you guys have your own reason for it?

But don't we have all the good hockey teams down here?

And of course by "good" I do mean exclusively the team that is from New England.
You have some good teams down there. The one from New England is okay. ;)

Pard said:
And what is your Thanksgiving in celebration of? The Pilgrims also or did you guys have your own reason for it?
Not sure actually. I've always assumed that it was for the same reasons as the American Thanksgiving.

Here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_(Canada)

I always thought Canadian Thanksgiving was earlier than American cause it gets colder here earlier so we harvest our crops earlier. Also, my Leafs are off to a 3-0-1 start! Too bad we have our annual "8+ game losing streak that puts us out of playoff contention by Christmas".

Getting together with my family for Thanksgiving dinner and it just happens to be the season opener for the Calgary Flames, playing the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Go Flames!

[video=youtube;Fowd29dOyh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fowd29dOyh0[/video]
Classic, classic, classic! :biglol

lol. ah yes, we have the lacrosse thing that we do year round here.no need for snow or ice.
We have lacrosse as well and my city has a team in whatever the league is. lol I just can't get into it.

bigllama said:
I always thought Canadian Thanksgiving was earlier than American cause it gets colder here earlier so we harvest our crops earlier.
Could be. I don't think I've ever really known or even thought about it.

bigllama said:
Also, my Leafs are off to a 3-0-1 start! Too bad we have our annual "8+ game losing streak that puts us out of playoff contention by Christmas".
Flames are off to the usual terrible start and then they'll pull it together in the second half of the season and come up short, as usual.

Vic said:
Classic, classic, classic! :biglol
Although each of the characters made the show go 'round, Puddy was one of the best.

Hate to say it 'cause I like the way the Flames play, but the Flames are pretty much the same as the Leafs but a few years behind. You guys have an aging superstar in Iginla and an aging core group, with almost no young developing guys in the farm team, just like a few years ago when all we had was Mats Sundin and our "promising young talent" was guys like Matt Stajan.

Leafs are off to their usual good start, now we are starting to falter a bit, and soon we'll fall into our annual autumn 8+ game losing streak and play like garbage until the all star break. Then when we're hopelessly out of playoff contention, we'll start playing good just to give everyone false hope that we might be a good team next year. Same thing happens every year lol

Go Flames!

Hockey?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back