Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible software recommendation?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Greetings chongjasmine,
What are the bible softwares you use and why do you recommend them?
I mainly use Logos8 as it has many useful features. I obtained this when some of the packages were relatively cheap and I also obtained many (my) denomination specific books and magazines that run under this program. I like the notes function and the ability to link many Bible versions to the current KJV verse for quick reference, and also the facility to link many reference books to the specific Strong's Number for quick reference. They give away at least one free book each month (together with other advertising) and some of the free books over the years have been useful.

I think the current version is Logos10 and to obtain this and many books may be expensive. e-Sword may be better if you want a cheaper package.

Kind regards
Trevor

Hi C
When I first joined this forum I knew nothing.
I used to TYPE OUT the verses I would post!
Then I got "smart" and would use google. I'd type out a few words of the verse
it would pop up.

Then I found out about biblehub.
And that's what I use now.
I only use it for 3 reasons....
The verses, sometimes the commentary (I don't really like commentaries
but sometimes they come in handy) and sometimes for the greek meaning of words.

It's neutral and has a lot of side notes that help to understand difficult scripture.
biblehub.com

It's good for normal studying.
And it's non-denominational.

For online study and Bible reading, go to blueletterbible.org I'm amazed at how many translations and study aides they have. You can also listen to the Bible whether by earbuds or reading along. But I'll say this one thing, if one listens to the Bible one can get through it faster in merely months. And it's all for free. But if one feels so inclined, they accept donations in which I send a few here and there.

If you want to study a particular topic in the Bible, such as the history of the Empires in Daniel's day, you can not only go to Blue Letter but also just do a general Internet search (make sure its a reputable site) and use the two together.

If you want software on your computer, you can try what the others suggested, but then compare that to the method I stated (which is all free). You may find that paying for software is not worth it. Software has its limitations, even with updates, and at best there may be links on that software to the Internet anyways. IMO software was better in the days of our first computers which is still better than having many books, but before the Internet really took off.

On my Android I use a free downloaded NKJV from Olive Tree Bible Software. There are many features I like about it. I can adjust text size, color, various fonts and how the text is laid out on screen. I can add bookmarks, highlights, select and save or share text. I can activate in text cross references and more. They offer many reading plans and a pretty extensive library all accessible through the app.

Back