Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible verses problem

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Everytime I hear a loving verse about God, for some reason my mind immediately turns to a verse about his hatred and wrath. It is hard to reconcile the two. It's like everytime I read a verse about His love, I feel guilty immersing myself in it because it's like I'm overlooking verses about his hatred and wrath.

Do people get so indulged in verses about love and kindness that they intentionally or un-intentionally forget verses which are less-comfortable to them?

Is it just as healthy to meditate and think about God's vengeance, hatred and wrath as much as it is his love and kindness etc.???

a verse about his hatred and wrath. it's like I'm overlooking verses about his hatred

Is it just as healthy to meditate and think about God's vengeance, hatred and wrath as much as it is his love and kindness etc.???

You will need to be more specific about your verses in question.

Hate and hatred are hard words.

This is a good question and if you follow thru it will most likely be moved to "Apologetics & Theology" or maybe "Bible Study".

I look forward to your reply.

Everytime I hear a loving verse about God, for some reason my mind immediately turns to a verse about his hatred and wrath. It is hard to reconcile the two. It's like everytime I read a verse about His love, I feel guilty immersing myself in it because it's like I'm overlooking verses about his hatred and wrath.

Do people get so indulged in verses about love and kindness that they intentionally or un-intentionally forget verses which are less-comfortable to them?

Interesting aint it? God is love the scripture says and He loves vengeance so much He claims it for Himself.

I think it's all in your point of view. Take a bear cub for instance being protected by his/her momma bear this >>>

7759-bigthumbnail.jpg

isn't scary. However, if you are on the other side, and are threatening the cub, you have a whole other perspective... See.

We do serve a loving God who only wants the best for His children, but his wrath only falls on those who reject Him and his son Christ Jesus as it is a choice to serve him or reject him so Gods wrath is very much justified in those who come against him.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Hos 4:7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame.

Think about what happened at the cross....

The only thing I can recall that the scriptures say God "hates" is sin. Like Riverwolf, I'd like to see a more detailed question.

We do serve a loving God who only wants the best for His children, but his wrath only falls on those who reject Him and his son Christ Jesus as it is a choice to serve him or reject him so Gods wrath is very much justified in those who come against Him.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Hos 4:7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame.

I think that is an answer.

If you are right with God then you dont have to fear God's wrath, however God still chastises His children but that is not wrath, chastisement is for the children's own good. Well thinking of God's wrath on lost people might motivate some people to reach out to lost people in love and by God's commandments.

Hi, verse 8 finds these ALL Partakers. (of Christ) And If we are 'rearing' our loving children, then it is because of our loving them, as God does us.

What most miss, is that they seperate Christ God into old & new testaments. The 'spanking one' of the OT is the same Christ of what we call the NT. 1 Cor. 10:1-3! True Agape Love does indeed HATE SIN. The verses below iare full of Truth, read them over & over!
Ask yourself how you yourself can do away with these chastiments that God sends our way? And bastards means what in verse 8??

(think of a person who God call's, and they 'reject' that calling? or a parent who is against spankings?) --Elijah

Heb. 12
[3] For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

[4] Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

[5] And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

[6] Forwhom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

[7] If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

[8] But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

(and yes, it is REQUIRED of us through Faith in conditional obedience, that of [HARD working] duties of OMISSION such as we find in the Rev. 17:1-5 ones lukewarm Loveless/ness, because it went against their feelings. compare Rev. 3:16 End for even these ones! (Spewed Out as verse 8 cal's them) Even read Gen. 4:7 for a couple of thoughts?)

Back