Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bishops/Elder/Pastors required to be married?

Should a BISHOP/ ELDER / PASTOR be married?

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You're calling God's holy word a lie?
Nope.
Timothy was appointed as an overseer of the Ephesian church, he was most definitely a pastor. Now you prove it to me that he was married. Produce evidence of his marital status.
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope, To Timothy, my true child in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. As I urged you when I was going to Macedonia, remain at Ephesus so that you may charge certain persons not to teach any different doctrine. (1 Tim. 1:3)
Paul wouldn't be telling him to stay there if that had been his bishopric.
Going away on a journey is not going astray from the faith.
Not from the faith, but from his assignment.
Church leader is a calling, not a job.
It is both.
And there is a set of requirements for the "calling".

Yes you are. Sister Phoebe was a deacon, Rom. 16:1-2. You're in denial of God's holy word.
Paul wouldn't be telling him to stay there if that had been his bishopric.
Nonetheless he was. Timothy was appointed to be in charge of the Ephesian church. Now you prove it to me that he was married. Produce evidence of his marital status.
Not from the faith, but from his assignment.
Assignment from who? Here's God's assignment for his servant: "here I am, send me!"
It is both.
And there is a set of requirements for the "calling".
You're promoting work-based false religion.

Yes you are. Sister Phoebe was a deacon, Rom. 16:1-2. You're in denial of God's holy word.

Nonetheless he was. Timothy was appointed to be in charge of the Ephesian church. Now you prove it to me that he was married. Produce evidence of his marital status.

Assignment from who? Here's God's assignment for his servant: "here I am, send me!"

You're promoting work-based false religion.
You are seeing things that are not there.

Moderator note . :horse
1.1: Grant others the courtesy to be understood and acknowledge their views. As best as one is capable, speak truth in love.; ( Mathew 7:12, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13)

Moderator note .
1.1: Grant others the courtesy to be understood and acknowledge their views. As best as one is capable, speak truth in love.; ( Mathew 7:12, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13)

Back