Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bluetooth Droid / PC / Tablet

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

stovebolts

Ok, so I puchased a Nexus 7 a few weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it. However, one huge drawback was trying to move data from the tablet to my phone or computer or trying to move data from my phone or computer to the tablet.

So... Guess what I figured out? I can connect to my phone and my computer through bluetooth! No more "drop box"! Now, when I want to share a file or a picture, I just beam it across which works out fantastic and it was super easy to figure out!

Last night I even sent a file from my android phone to my laptop where before I used to remove the mini sd card from the phone and put it in a usb cradle for the laptop. Them days are over for sure lol!

I discovered this handy little feature the last time I upgraded cell phones. I wanted to get my contact list into my new phone without having to manually enter each one. All I had to do was send it via bluetooth. Technology is amazing, when it works.

We're using dropbox to coordinate documentation for our Church's "SALT" ministry. Its been rather convenient.

Well, I"m tickled pink with this new found way of transferring files! Especially large ones.

Drop box is nice for pictures and smaller files, but not really for large video's. For instance, I record all of my son's wrestling matches so he can review them, and often they are about 500 meg. Ever tried to upload a 500 meg file to drop box and then have to pull it back down? It really can take a long, long time.

And then there is the matter of internet.... If I share my phone out as a hot spot when wi-fi isn't available, why in the world would I put something up on drop box just to pull it back down on my tablet? Why not just push it across via bluetooth once and be done with it?

Ooooh I so want a nexus7!! I have to replace my pc first though. :sad

It is nice! I was a little disapointed when I first got it because not all of the apps would swap views when you tilted the screen. However, they just put out an update that fixed that! Also, for some reason Skype doesn't work well on Android either and I hope they can fix it.

One downside to the Nexus 7 that I knew about when I got mine as that it has a horrible little camera and it only has a camera that faces you for skype etc. Would have been nice to have a higher resolution camera as well as a camera on the backside for shooting video's etc. Also, by default the Nexus doesnt' come with a camera app, but that's easily solved through he Google store.

It is nice! I was a little disapointed when I first got it because not all of the apps would swap views when you tilted the screen. However, they just put out an update that fixed that! Also, for some reason Skype doesn't work well on Android either and I hope they can fix it.

One downside to the Nexus 7 that I knew about when I got mine as that it has a horrible little camera and it only has a camera that faces you for skype etc. Would have been nice to have a higher resolution camera as well as a camera on the backside for shooting video's etc. Also, by default the Nexus doesnt' come with a camera app, but that's easily solved through he Google store.

Ah, I don't skype so I don't think that'd bother me one iota.

Can't look at toys yet ... sigh ... :)

Well Farriecat, they just came out with the Nexus 10 and now the Nexus 7 32 gig is 200 bucks...

My son's computer crashed and was asking me what kind of computer he should get, so I gave him a little interview and found out that by utilizing the cloud, a tablet would meet all his needs and he would never have to worry about loosing his data again. :thumbsup

Back