Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Breadmaker

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Free

Lead Admin - christianforums.net
Staff member
Lead Admin
Well, I just purchased a new breadmaker from Amazon. We had been given a Black & Decker B2200 by someone who didn't want it (wedding gift, I think), and it quit on us a few months ago. Lasted for a year or two though, which is better than I thought a B&D would last.

We miss the fresh, whole grain breads and most of the store stuff just doesn't cut it. The most recent loves we purchased were the only ones with actual whole wheat and whole grain flours (my understanding is that anything enriched means it's been over-processed and had to have nutrients added back in), and one brand was $5.49 and the other (a store brand) was $4.19. Now, I will pay more for things such as this (just as I do for free run eggs) simply because they are much healthier.

The point: healthy bread is just getting too expensive and nothing beats knowing exactly what went into your bread. Plus, putting some butter on a hot, fresh piece of multigrain bread is just lovely.

With the old breadmaker, my wife used all sorts of crazy flours from the health food store and added all sorts of nuts and seeds. Looking forward to more in a couple of weeks and this time she wants to try gluten-free.

Anyone else use a breadmaker? Any issues? Anything to add at all?

man i know, we had one years ago. the only thing i didnt like was slicing it for toast:bigfrown

i think i will ask my wife to get another.ours died a few years ago and we never got another one.

I recently heard a famous cardiologist state that he could reduce heart disease by 300% (I may have heard that incorrectly lol) by only two things: stop eating wheat and take supplemental vitamin D3. He went on to explain how the wheat of today is detrimental... and being gluten free means nothing comparatively. He explained the why, mostly that it's an altered grain created for mass feeding of the 3rd world... and doesn't have the nutrition and has detrimental side effects for us.

He then showed some delicious looking desserts made with other flours. One was using 1 1/2 cups of ground almonds and 2 tablespoonsful of coconut powder...in place of the wheat flour in a recipe. Yum.

He had other recipes for goodies using soy flour and... another one :sad

Also... I eat Ezekiel bread. I can eat one slice and be done. Not so with others. My allergist of years ago said you either crave or abhor what you are allergic to. I'm that way with regular bread from the store... I can eat it all and still crave more. Of course, it's the spike in insulin that causes it, along with allergies I think. And from another cardiologist I learned that it's the insulin spikes that nick our arteries that allow for the plaque buildup that causes the strokes and heart attacks!

Ok I ranted.

I recently heard a famous cardiologist state that he could reduce heart disease by 300% (I may have heard that incorrectly lol) by only two things: stop eating wheat and take supplemental vitamin D3. He went on to explain how the wheat of today is detrimental... and being gluten free means nothing comparatively. He explained the why, mostly that it's an altered grain created for mass feeding of the 3rd world... and doesn't have the nutrition and has detrimental side effects for us.

He then showed some delicious looking desserts made with other flours. One was using 1 1/2 cups of ground almonds and 2 tablespoonsful of coconut powder...in place of the wheat flour in a recipe. Yum.

He had other recipes for goodies using soy flour and... another one :sad

Also... I eat Ezekiel bread. I can eat one slice and be done. Not so with others. My allergist of years ago said you either crave or abhor what you are allergic to. I'm that way with regular bread from the store... I can eat it all and still crave more. Of course, it's the spike in insulin that causes it, along with allergies I think. And from another cardiologist I learned that it's the insulin spikes that nick our arteries that allow for the plaque buildup that causes the strokes and heart attacks!

Ok I ranted.

That was a wise observation made by that doctor about wheat --- and most of what is considered "bread" today is processed junk. I've been staying away from it. my wife has a little Ezekiel Bread I eat once in awhile.

But now you know why I gripe when they poo-poo butter and wholesome eggs with all that "terrible" saturated fat, in favor of "grains" (we should eat more they say) and all these loaves of bread they push have in them sugar, sugar, and more sugar (and stripped of vitamins).

Geez, is it any wonder I'm a conspiracy theorist! :rolleyes: As I always quip, NOBODY can be that abysmally stupid, but for whatever reason they think the populace is.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back