Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

But has your love really been tested?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

humble soul

On Sabbatical from Rome
We are Christian. We want to do what God asked us to do. Love our neighbour. Love our critics. Love our torturers. Love those who have a different worldview. Love those who commit disgusting sins.
But if we stay in safe circles, are we really tested? If I attend a local Church, I might not have to deal with others' bad behaviour. They might only show it in private.
Workplaces are more likely. But if we are careful, we might not experience much flak there either.
We might come to the conclusion " look how easy it is to love others! I'm doing a great job!"

I cannot live up to God's standard so I give up. God expects me to be as perfect as him, surely that's a joke. I'm expected to live a blameless life.

Some victims of pedophiles are able to forgive their abusers. I've long been in awe of this. Is it actually possible? Are they just saying that?
We forgive others for our own benefit. So we can move on. Yes God asked us to forgive but we also forgive for psychological reasons.
But maybe we need to breakdown what that forgiveness looks like. Possibly each case is different.
"Satan took hold of them. They allowed Satan to enter them. It's not really their fault." Part of me thinks that is letting the person off the hook. We all need to be accountable for out sin.
Victims can recover from trauma. Not all of them do unfort. That is so sad. So tragic. Seems God can't reach everyone and heal them. But God can reach the remarkable minority. The ones who seem to be filled with God's forgiving grace. It blows my mind. Such testimonies are a Godsend. They show us that recovery is possible. They give us hope. They make us realise that those of us who aren't sexual abuse victims, are so fortunate. God must have been looking after me. I know one of my brothers suffered some sexual abuse as a child. Not huge but enough to cause some scars.
Another thing. The animosity towards pedophiles is understandable but possibly now becoming counterproductive. Some British sociologist suggests we need to offer them counselling before they offend.
She talks about "celibate pedophiles". Some men are attracted to children. As awful as it is to consider, it is a fact. It's a controversial topic, but maybe we need a plan B anyway, to protect children.

I cannot live up to God's standard so I give up. God expects me to be as perfect as him, surely that's a joke. I'm expected to live a blameless life.
Good honest point kiwi. I think he gives us some credit for humbly admitting our imperfect state.

I thought that was the whole reason God sent Jesus because im a sinner in need of God's grace and mercy. Then Jesus turns around and expects me to live up to his perfection and be blameless equal to God's. Can't do.

Anita Cobby was a young nurse in Sydney Australia in the eightees. She was kidnapped raped and tortured by a group of men. Then murdered.
Her father was of course traumatised. But he was gradually able to come to terms with a forgiveness of sorts. He had to. Otherwise he would be consumed with anger and depression. He started a support group for parents of those murdered or sexually abused. He used the pain to make a positive contribution to society.
God is capable miracles. We aren't. God seems to choose some people to do his work. Sometimes without them knowing.
We are blessed because God reached and uses these people for our benefit.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back