Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

But I HATE him!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This is the story of today’s people. (Especially those who call themselves CHRISTIANS.)

2 Chronicles: 18
4 And Jehoshaphat said unto the king of Israel, Inquire, I pray thee,
at the word of the LORD to day.
5 Therefore the king of Israel gathered together of prophets
four hundred men, and said unto them, Shall we go to Ramothgilead
to battle, or shall I forbear? And they said, Go up; for God will deliver
it into the king’s hand.
6 But Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of the LORD
besides, that we might inquire of him?
7 And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, There is yet one man,
by whom we may inquire of the LORD: but I hate him; for he never
prophesied good unto me, but always evil: the same is Micaiah
the son of Imla. And Jehoshaphat said, Let not the king say so.

11 And all the prophets prophesied so, saying, Go up to Ramothgilead
, and prosper: for the LORD shall deliver it into the hand of the king.

12 And the messenger that went to call Micaiah spake to him, saying,
Behold, the words of the prophets declare good to the king with one
assent; let thy word therefore, I pray thee, be like one of theirs, and
speak thou good.

13 And Micaiah said, As the LORD liveth, even what my God saith,
that will I speak.

Notice that Micaiah said, basically, forget it, I won’t lie, just to get the king to like me!
I’m going to remain faithful to GOD. No matter what the king says.

And the king didn’t like what Micaiah said, who spoke the truth.
He actually hated Micaiah, because he spoke whatever God told him to say,
and it was always the truth.
No false prophets, no sugar coated message.

Lukewarm, backslidden Christians today say the same thing! DON"T PREACH TRUTH

to me! I HATE IT!
:angry :angry2
The king ended up following the false prophets, and…
he died.
34 And the battle increased that day: howbeit the king of Israel stayed himself up in his chariot against the Syrians until the even: and about the time of the sun going down he died.

You think you have it bad, you should be in my shoes with what I believe. OK--- maybe for many Christians I have what is considered eccentric beliefs, but have valid, biblical points. And to top it off, if they don't want to confront it, then just pull the racist card because nobody likes to be called that so as to try to "shame" one out of believing the truth. If you notice, there is one common denominator: nothing is thought or reasoned out any longer. Rather, it's what (politically correct) itching ears want to hear and feel-good emotionalism. And I noticed this stance even comes from those claiming to be scholarly or well-studied no less.

tim_from_pa said:
You think you have it bad, you should be in my shoes with what I believe. OK--- maybe for many Christians I have what is considered eccentric beliefs, but have valid, biblical points. And to top it off, if they don't want to confront it, then just pull the racist card because nobody likes to be called that so as to try to "shame" one out of believing the truth. If you notice, there is one common denominator: nothing is thought or reasoned out any longer. Rather, it's what (politically correct) itching ears want to hear and feel-good emotionalism. And I noticed this stance even comes from those claiming to be scholarly or well-studied no less.

I see you're from pennsylvania. I know a few people who live there, and from how they talk, Pennsylvania is full of hateful, anti-Christians. I mean, they HATE the whole truth of the Bible.

So, I'll bite: what do you believe, what's eccentric, and how do you validate your eccentricities with bible scripture? Are you rightly dividing the Word of Truth, or are you twisting it to fit your unconfessed sins?

And, yes, I agree. Political Correctness is a suffocating stranglehold on everyone.
It makes people lose their moral compass, makes them afraid to speak out against sin.

In the 60's and 70's, people were mocked, and called names, because they adhered to biblical
standards. Nothing is new, just now, it seems more concentrated, which is to be expected, since Jesus said people will wax worse and be exceedingly sinful, the closer it gets to His Return.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus! :pray

Biblereader said:
tim_from_pa said:

I see you're from pennsylvania. I know a few people who live there, and from how they talk, Pennsylvania is full of hateful, anti-Christians. I mean, they HATE the whole truth of the Bible.

So, I'll bite: what do you believe, what's eccentric, and how do you validate your eccentricities with bible scripture? Are you rightly dividing the Word of Truth, or are you twisting it to fit your unconfessed sins?

Boy, you're in a good mood today! :biggrin Just check my avatar and my signature link. However, I believe it's biblical. It's not mainline, however, but in a minority.

There are many Christians who think this is error because it's in the minority. After all, we all know that there's safety in numbers. If most believe something, it must be true--- read it yourself In Matthew 7:13-14

Enter ye in at the wide gate: for strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and few there be which go in thereat:
Because wide is the gate, and broad is the way, which leadeth unto life, and many there be that find it.

At least that's the impression I get with mainline.

tim_from_pa said:
:biggrin Just check my avatar and my signature link. However, I believe it's biblical. It's not mainline, however, but in a minority.

There are many Christians who think this is error because it's in the minority. After all, we all know that there's safety in numbers. If most believe something, it must be true--- read it yourself In Matthew 7:13-14

Welllllll..........there's a million chapters there. How about the Reader's Digest Condensed Version of what
you think, and what the website says?
Please?

While I'm on the subject, here's something every Christian should watch:
Watch "Obsession"

http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/

Using images from Arab TV, rarely seen in the
West, Obsession reveals an ‘insider's view'
of the hatred the Radicals are teaching domination.

Winner Best Feature Film Liberty Film Festival
Special Jury Award Houston Worldfest Film Festival
Official Selection Newport Beach Film Festival

I believe this is the most important movie of our lifetime, I was born in 1964, I can't tell you of a movie that I think is more important."
Glenn Beck, CNN Headline News

* “Image after image, example after example... [Obsession] is shocking beyond belief..."
Sean Hannity : Fox News

http://www.radicalislam.org/

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back