Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Called... to a new denomination....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
BradtheImpaler said:
They are not denominations, they are churches in different locations. The only scriptural basis for different churches is location, not denomination. If you disagree, please give a list of the different denominations that were planted in each city by the apostles.
I have attended many different denominations, and have been a member of different denominations. Those that hold the tenets of mainstream Christian teachings agree on the major doctrines while some sects call themselves Christian but are a different set of beliefs all together. The scriptures teach that there will be many false teachers in the last days, and you are seeing such. The seven churches each had different teachings that Jesus declared they must repent of, and of those attending some of those churches he claimed were falsly claiming to be Jews but were instead of the synagog of satan.

Solo said:
I have attended many different denominations, and have been a member of different denominations

Why do you support division in the body?

Those that hold the tenets of mainstream Christian teachings agree on the major doctrines while some sects call themselves Christian but are a different set of beliefs all together

Those organizations which hold to mainstream teachings are also sects. If they hold to the same fundamental truths then there is no justification for them to be divided.

The scriptures teach that there will be many false teachers in the last days, and you are seeing such. The seven churches each had different teachings that Jesus declared they must repent of, and of those attending some of those churches he claimed were falsly claiming to be Jews but were instead of the synagog of satan.

False teachers start denominational organizations. Do you know what the word "heresy" means?

BradtheImpaler said:
False teachers start denominational organizations. Do you know what the word "heresy" means?

Do you know who the accuser of the brethren is?

Solo said:
Do you know who the accuser of the brethren is?

What are you saying, that I am Satan because I point out that sectarianism is against God's will? If there is a Satan I am sure he would much rather NOT point that out so as not to alert Christians to the problem. Paul rebuked the Corinthians for beginning to form themselves into affiliated groups. That's what you have, on a universal scale today - denominations, which are sects, which is heresy.

Are you the type of Christian who doesn't realize that denominationalism is wrong or are you the type that knows it is wrong but lacks the gumption to take a stand against it?

Gabbylittleangel said:
Timothy

Did you get an answer to your question before the non-christians hi-jacked your thread?

He got an answer to his question...he got the TRUTH. Do you despise the truth, Gabby?

Gabbylittleangel said:
Kinda like the way your hand is in a different location from your foot, your eye, and your liver.

Your organs are not in competition with each other.

Gabbylittleangel said:
With all due respect, underneith your name it says "Not a Christian". Your continual attempts to 'correct' Christians is very much like someone who has been blind from birth attempting to explain color.

So if I said I was a Christian you'd listen? You don't have to be a Christian to realize that the Churches are divided, in fact, non-believers realize it and that is a major reason why many don't accept the gospel.

Jesus said...

"That they may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me" (Jn.17:21)

In order that the world may believe that the Father sent Jesus, Jesus's followers must be "one" - one Church. When you have a Baptist church on one corner and an Assembly of God on the next, the church has FAILED. When you join, attend, or otherwise support any of these sects, you are working against the kingdom of God whether you know it or not. Paul didn't plant different denomonations in each town he visited, he founded ONE CHURCH in each. Denominations are the end result of disagreements between Christians.

"Have I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth?" (Gal.4:16)

Gabbylittleangel said:
only when something trys to enter the body that does not belong, eh?

Denominations do not belong. What denominations did Peter, Paul and John belong to?

BradtheImpaler said:
Denominations do not belong. What denominations did Peter, Paul and John belong to?

Brad, I honestly don't think 'humanity' could have done it any differently.

The real error comes through too much 'organization'. Most denominations are under a pyramid, and at the top is denominational hierarchy. This is how apostasy trickles down to the churches.
I watched a church fall completely away because of what trickled down from the top.
You become what you allow over you ....and in too many denominations man is the mediator between others and God instead of Jesus Christ.

I've always thought a simple gathering of believers who preach, teach, and exhort one another to Holy living was sufficient since church is suppose to be who we are moreso than a place we go to.
I've never understood why the church became so organized and pyramided with a hierachy which alot of times, is the mediator between man and God instead of Jesus Christ.
The trickle down effect from a lot of 'denominational organizational pyramiding' is dangerous and real.

What i'm 'trying' to say is...
Most churchs have a HEADquarters with a board of overseers at the top who are affiliated with the churches of their denomination, yet they are not personally a part of any of the churches they oversee.
Thats dangerous and it places the church under the constant possibility of apostasy.

Waaaay off topic now, sorry!

BradtheImpaler said:
He got an answer to his question...he got the TRUTH. Do you despise the truth, Gabby?

If you don't mind, the question I asked was directed to Timothy.

No Brad. I am a blood bought, born again child of God. Jesus Christ is Lord. I love truth. I live for Him, I serve Him and I proclaim His truth. I love the things that God loves.

I despise the father of lies.

What prompts your question Brad? It seems the sort of thing that one might do who was trying to stir up strife. I do hope the Mods see it that way as well.

Gabbylittleangel said:
If you don't mind, the question I asked was directed to Timothy.

No Brad. I am a blood bought, born again child of God. Jesus Christ is Lord. I love truth. I live for Him, I serve Him and I proclaim His truth. I love the things that God loves

God hates denominationalism, why do you defend it?

I despise the father of lies.

What prompts your question Brad? It seems the sort of thing that one might do who was trying to stir up strife. I do hope the Mods see it that way as well.

I'm here to tell you the truth on this matter. That is my motivation. If you believe the NT instructs believers to seperate into different types of churches, with different names, charters, and affiliations, then please feel free to defend that notion from the bible. Otherwise, if I am right, why do you accuse me of being a troublemaker?

Lyric's Dad said:
Wouldn't matter to me as long as it was a Bible believing Bible teaching church that stuck with the fundamentals of the faith.
Wouldn't that be nice...IF...it ever happened.

BUT first, you have to find a people who believed, in the Bible totally !

Back