Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Calling in sick

Calling out

• No guilt for lying

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate when others abuse it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Never called in sick unless i was... On occasion i would call and ask if i could call in sick... if i was needed i went to work ... most the time they said.. no we need you to come in... :neutral

Never called in sick unless i was... On occasion i would call and ask if i could call in sick... if i was needed i went to work ... most the time they said.. no we need you to come in... :neutral
Oh I'm sure I will have some doubling of routes. In May i called out and had to finish the half of one and the other for the day.I did and still went home before three

As a Costco Manager who was given charge of more than 100 Front-End employees, I used to encourage my crew to let me know what they wanted. I loved being flexible for work hours. So then, if it was a beautiful day outside, and I looked around and noticed that I had budgeted too many man-hours (too much labor $$) then I'd just ask (so everybody could hear) and I'd have my Supervisors ask, "Does anybody want to go home for 'Sunshine Sickness'?"

And my crew would think about it and they would know that I know (that they sometimes always lie) and eventually we had much more open, and I thought, better communication that others.

Sometimes I would hear the response, "I'd go home, but I need the hours!" So I'd start working on a deal where I would "repay" the hours they would miss by having them be the first I would call if I had under-budgeted on the coming Sunday (we paid Time + 1/2 on Sunday, or it could be double time? I don't remember). They liked that too. I just liked keeping "doors" open.

I would say thinks like, "I can work with Sunshine Sickness. Why not? I can work with YOU, can't i?"

I had a boss that I liked too (before the Costco job) and he would let employees call in sick but he didn't want to hear the same ol' excuses so he said that his approval of the sick time would partially depend on how creative our excuses were. He gave permission to lie, knowing that most would be lying in any case. So that made me want to call in sick just so I could tell him about how it was that little grey mouse's fault. Yes. That one. Way over there in the corner. You see? It was because that mouse was hungry or something and while she went nibbling about she accidentally or maybe on purpose ... blah, blah, blah...

Yeah. It was the fault of the mouse. That mouse. Not me.

Of the options in the above poll I'd probably choose, "If I'm sick, I'm sick." But even that one doesn't apply because I'm retired now. And when I was working? I wasn't sick very often. That's only been recently and after I was no longer somebody's employee. So I'm a mouse of a different color, or is that horsey of a different color? Doesn't matter. I am: [None of the Above] That too is the fault of the mouse!

But, I thought I said that already :grumpy Harrumph!

Last edited:
Calling in sick is no big deal.
What's the worse they can do, cut off your hands?
I have been made work more because of others who abuse it.some abuse it while others don't and the abusers aren't dealt with.so when I take time off I feel for the person who might work more

We reported off on an answering machine. Didn't have to give a reason. Just enough notice (a couple of hours) so that they could find a replacement. They used a machine with a time stamp so that there would be proof of whether someone gave adequate notice.

If I remember correctly, we got something like 3 free days every rolling 12 month period, usually with no questions asked. More than that and you needed some sort of written documentation of the reason.

No need to feel ever feel guilty about it as long as you aren't abusing it. a person should feel worse about going to work sick and spreading it to coworkers or customers.

Today I called in sick. My body is tired. The good news is I am still the righteousness of God by faith.

So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. (Galatians 3:9)

“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.”(Isaiah 40:29, NIV)

No need to feel ever feel guilty about it as long as you aren't abusing it. a person should feel worse about going to work sick and spreading it to coworkers or customers.

Yes. I used to hate when people felt compelled to come in sick by the attendance policy, and other people caught their cold. I would have preferred a more relaxed attendance policy that let people take a few days off to recuperate. So many people loved overtime that finding a replacement was not really all that hard. They were trying to avoid the 1 1/2 pay required for OT, but productivity was affected if many people caught the cold.

I Work By My lonesome.I Have Worked With colds.But The Runs U
Uhm no.there are no restrooms in some of these communities I read. If they have them they don't like us using them.

I've called in sick being plenty fine. Every once in awhile, I take "mental health" days and I don't feel the least bit bad about it.

I don't have to even consider "calling in or out sick" to get time off. We are allowed to take our vacation by the hour and in many cases, depending on the job, very little advanced notice is required. For example, yesterday mid-morning I walked into my supervisor's office and told him that if all goes well, I might want to leave an hour early because my grain truck would be full of wheat and I would like to get it to the market before they closed for the day. He gave his approval. Yesterday evening after emptying the load, we decided we would try to finish up my wheat so I sent my supervisor a text message and told him I might want to come in late today if the truck gets refilled again so I can get that load to the market first thing this morning. He wrote back, "Sounds good. Just let me know when you get in."

One time I got up in the morning and decided that it would be a nice day to stay home and maybe do some fishing or something. I called my supervisor and this is how the conversation went.
Phone rings...
Supervisor: "This is Joe."
Me: "Joe, If it's okay, I might be a little late today."
Supervisor: "What time do you think you might get in?"
Me: "Seven o'clock tomorrow morning. :biggrin2 Can you put me down for 8 hours personal time?"
Joe: "That will be fine. Enjoy you day."
Me: "Thanks!"

Bah I did the route I was scheduled yesterday.got the graves I wanted to photo.not as far back as I thought.

Back