Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Calvary Chapel Founder Chuck Smith Passes Away At 86

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

PrivateTimm

Chuck Smith, who founded Calvary Chapel in Costa Mesa, CA, passed away today from lung cancer. His daughter Janette made the announcement earlier today.

Chuck was on the forefront of the Jesus Freak movement that reached so many young people who were looking for hope and relevance in the turmoil of Vietnam, the hippie and free love movements, racial tensions and more. Chuck introduced them to the Lord by meeting them where they were.

In the process Chuck helped to launch a revival that led to over 1,600 churches and so many fine pastors. He also helped promote many Christian groups and singers that have been a blessing to untold thousands.

My condolences to the family, but I know they are rejoicing that he has gone home to be with the Lord.

This was extremely sad news for me today. I grew up in the Southern California Jesus movement of the 70's and Pastor Chuck and his ministry had a tremendous influence on my life that still profoundly affects me as well as many of my friends today. It as been said and I fully believe it's true that in the 70's and 80's it was very hard to find a church anywhere in Southern California that didn't have at least a few teens and young adults that had come to the Lord through Chuck Smith's ministry. This is sad day for those of us left behind, indeed. But this morning, Chuck woke up in the land of glory. Praise God for that!

Praise the Lord!
Chuck was a big influence to me in my early days in the 80's with his daily radio show.
I am now a Calvary Chapel member.

I was wondering what happened to him. im surprised reach fm( calvary chapel station) hasn't mentioned this.

Back