Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can a Christian Woman Be a Pole Dancer?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
But aren't we under Grace, and not under Mosaic Law?

Surly none of us lives perfectly under the law. Even a parent who tells their child "little white lies" is sinning.

But everybody keeps on sinning. I'll bet I sin in some kind of way every couple of days. Sometimes they are not sins that I act on. But there are lots of sins that only involve sinful thoughts.

Do her sins disqualify her from witnessing because they are so visible?

But everybody keeps on sinning. I'll bet I sin in some kind of way every couple of days. Sometimes they are not sins that I act on. But there are lots of sins that only involve sinful thoughts.

Do her sins disqualify her from witnessing because they are so visible?
duh? if i was in my old ways i would go to see her body. not listen to her words. so we should be perfect when we teach others? if so then lets close the bible then.isreal wasnt right and the apostles a bunch of sinners too. but that means the blood is the reason we can preach and be holy.

But how is her sin any worse than say, a woman who does not follow Eph 5? Or a man who drinks to excess? I see plenty of those people who go about witnessing and it seems to be OK.

It isn't worse. We all sin, and need God's grace.

As a Methodist, I can tell you she is welcome in the church. If she is respectful in worship, and sincerely seeks God, He will find her where she is. "Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future." We dare not come between God and His child seeking redemption.

But aren't we under Grace, and not under Mosaic Law?

Surly none of us lives perfectly under the law. Even a parent who tells their child "little white lies" is sinning.
It is indeed interesting that you post this. Because if I am not mistaken you justified not wearing tattoos via the Mosaic Law. This post is one of many:
http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=43748&p=674312&viewfull=1#post674312
"The reasons why puncturing the skin should be regarded with some degree of awe are not far to seek, for in the first place, there is the drawing of blood, which to the savage world over is full of significance as a rejuvenating and immortalizing factor. There is in addition to the opening of numerous inlets for evil to enter. . ."
(Hambly Wilfrid D. 1925. The History of Tattooing and its Significance, p. 233, cited in Gilbert, Steve, Tattoo History: A Source Book, p. 162)

And the bible reeference would be Lev 19;28 and

Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
1 Corinthians 10:21

Earlier in that thread, you also mentioned pole dancing.
http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=43748&p=664561&viewfull=1#post664561
I guess it could work but it would be kinda like being a Christian pole dancer. Unless the top is coming off she isn't gonna make any money.

A Christian tattoo artist would be in the same predicament, what she is offering isn't what the typical tattoo shop customer is wanting to buy
I agree with your second post - a pole dancer really does need to shed some clothing. Is that Biblical? Hardly!

She is causing people to stumble, and is not portraying a Christian image.

How do you know if what she does is "crude"? I don't even know if what she does is crude. It's not like I've ever been in the place where she works. I don't even drink, actually she doesn't drink either.

If Betty Page could get saved, I'm sure Besa can

joe:

I guess if you don't already know what I mean, I can't really help too much more by way of explanation, as to what is 'crude'.

Actually I'm reminded of a certain country's government, a minister in which made remarks widely viewed as 'crude' about a previous President, and so according to some sources the then current President fired her, and according to other sources she resigned. (A moot distinction, maybe.) There followed a debate in the press about the meaning of 'crudeness', with some people viewing the former minister's remarks as having been objectively 'crude', while others accused the Opposition, which had called for the minister's departure, as being guilty of 'crude' macho-ism.

So, explaining what 'crude' is can be a semantically rich exercise to some people, I'm sure, but it's not necessarily edifying.

Blessings.

what if she took the focus of pole dancing away from the eroticism and treated it as a kind of gymnastics. i think it could have to do with beauty and grace of movement without being all "OMG FORBITTEN BODYPARTS IN UNUSUAL DISPLAY 8P~~~~"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back