Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can angels appear dark?????

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Okay, so earlier today I was praying to God to help me get over life obstacles and protect me from demons. Anyways, I go to the fridge to get ketchup, and you know how on the scary movies the person will shut the door and there will be something standing behind the door??? It was like that behind the refrigerator door, and it was like a dark figure that appeared to disintegrate I'm front of my eyes in half a second. I was stunned for half a second, but I didn't feel any danger from it. In fact, it was unusual how not scared I was, I normally get startled very easily. So my questions is, can angels appear dark??? If not, what could it have been??? I am 99% sure my eyes weren't playing tricks. Thank you!

Demons can appear all kinds of way's remember they are spirits and they been known to play tricks. If in fact that was what you saw.

So my questions is, can angels appear dark??? If not, what could it have been??? I am 99% sure my eyes weren't playing tricks. Thank you!

First, stop asking God to protect you from demons................ That is not going to help you. Find out who you are!!! They should be teaching this in church.

2nd...... Angels unless just walking around as people, radiate a very strong fear of the Lord over them. If one was in the room with you, it would seem as if the paint would melt off the walls by the awesome power and fear of God coming off the thing.

3rd....... Devils don't radiate much of anything. They have no power or life, they left the life and glory of God. You can tell sometimes because the temperature will drop greatly, other wise I have seen most of them who want to be dumb enough to physically show themselves as little tiny imp like things or black human shape type things. Like if one was standing in a lighted room the shape would be just dark or black.

4th....... Just because you see one show up don't mean anything. They are all over the place anyway like roaches. They are everywhere, back and forth, back and forth putting this in ones mind here then going to another.

5th........ Any fear of them then you might have some issues. They like to move things around and be stupid. Call your name at night, pull covers off the bed, shut a door, move your wallet, whatever.

The last one that I saw and I have no idea what it was thinking came into my room while I had just gotten in bed and sat on my legs as I got under the covers. A big fat black shaped one. Why?? Who knows...... but it's really irritating the nerve of some of them. I kicked at it and tried to just ignore it but it was sort of heavy, so I said, "You got about 3.5 sec to get off my legs or I will have to use the name of Jesus and make you look stupid." It got up right away and was gone. \

Though I have a scar on my nose from one, they can't actually hurt you physically, as in attack you or bite you. If your not obeying God, and have things in your life you know should not be there, violating your own conscience toward God, then you might have a big issue. They do kill many daily.

Mike.

As suggested above if in fact you seen a form they will usually appear dark among other things, and as stated above they are in mass(amount)through out the world; an infestation as such...eliciting, manipulating and unfortunately many are blinded to the enemies wiles. They say the closer you are to GOD the more you will be attacked and you WILL be persecuted. JESUS the son of GOD gave us the ability to help others in his name. Respectively I would fear GOD, and not demon's. Just be aware demon's do exist, but more importantly the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST the high priest.

I would pray the our father prayer as this includes deliverance from evil and learn the truth behind Christian deliverance as a lot of us need it.

After waking up and understanding a little we should still lean not on our own understanding, but on the wisdom of GOD.

Proverbs 3:5-6

New International Version (NIV)

<sup class="versenum">5 </sup>Trust in the Lord<sup class="crossreference" value='(A)'></sup> with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
<sup class="versenum">6 </sup>in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths<sup class="crossreference" value='(B)'></sup> straight

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If you saw an angel, you would be on your knees in fear. Not that new age angel crap that so many tv preachers are teaching nowadays.

If it was a demon, you would know it.

Sounds to me like it was just a trick of the eyes as they adjusted from light to dark again.

If you saw an angel, you would be on your knees in fear. Not that new age angel crap that so many tv preachers are teaching nowadays.

Not necessarily... remember, Hebrews 13:2. However, if an angel appears in a supernatural form, then yes, without fail they generate fear.

However, and I'm not trying to be dismissive or belittling of your experience @Wchristianfaith , I do think that was you experienced was nothing more than the sort of "negative" image one "sees" when one looks into a light that is much stronger than it's surrounding area. I will often "see" those same kinds of optical illusion after at my son's computer, which faces a window, and then turning towards the much darker room.

There is a hymn which says:

'Behind a frowning Providence,
He hides a smiling face.'

When circumstances seem dire, the love of the Savior for His people whom He redeemed is still strong and constant.

Not necessarily... remember, Hebrews 13:2. However, if an angel appears in a supernatural form, then yes, without fail they generate fear.

However, and I'm not trying to be dismissive or belittling of your experience @Wchristianfaith , I do think that was you experienced was nothing more than the sort of "negative" image one "sees" when one looks into a light that is much stronger than it's surrounding area. I will often "see" those same kinds of optical illusion after at my son's computer, which faces a window, and then turning towards the much darker room.
I agree with this. I think if it was either an angel or demon, you would certainly have known it. I wouldn't call myself an angel or demon expert, but if it was either I would have thought it would have stuck around longer than a second, especially if it was an angel.

But this type of thing can often be difficult to pin down.

:twocents

Okay, so earlier today I was praying to God to help me get over life obstacles and protect me from demons. Anyways, I go to the fridge to get ketchup, and you know how on the scary movies the person will shut the door and there will be something standing behind the door??? It was like that behind the refrigerator door, and it was like a dark figure that appeared to disintegrate I'm front of my eyes in half a second. I was stunned for half a second, but I didn't feel any danger from it. In fact, it was unusual how not scared I was, I normally get startled very easily. So my questions is, can angels appear dark??? If not, what could it have been??? I am 99% sure my eyes weren't playing tricks. Thank you!

It's hard to say. Has there been any kind of paranormal activity in your house? What you describe seems like a shadow person, but usually they are seen on one's peripheral vision, not directly as you say. There's also some dark, mysterious figures such as the hat man and hooded figures. There's also poltergeists which are all probably related in some way, and have their basis in Genesis 6, but that's another story.

Sometimes it is just tricks of the eyes as well, or maybe you were in deep thought and actually seeing a mental image superimposed so-to-speak.

I don't, however, think it was an angel. And I have my doubts it was any such spirit. Usually when something is dark, it takes energy according to the laws of physics. One time these paranormal investigators fired a laser light at a dark figure they saw. Some of the light was powerful enough to make it through, but the darkness was so thick it absorbed most of it --- this is why "the room gets cold" before paranormal activity from a poltergeist occurs. Whatever this creature is actually absorbs and then converts thermal energy to move things, so the actual energy for movement is coming from the heat in the air, not the spirit.

"You got about 3.5 sec to get off my legs or I will have to use the name of Jesus and make you look stupid." It got up right away and was gone.
Good one, brother Mike. That will definitely do it! And it shows these things have as least some sort of intelligence. :lol

If you see a demon you will certainly know. They exist. The Spirit in you will let you know there's certainly one around. Do not fear them. Speak the Word! Tell them they are insignificant...and you know what? Helter scelter!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back