Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can sinners hip hop into hell?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

Dave Slayer

Can sinners hip hop into hell? One time years ago during a festival, a fundamentalist group came up and held signs that said such things as "repent now or go to hell", "sports is a sin", and the list goes on. Anyways, one of the guys who was holding up one of the signs had a crowd around him. He was yelling at everyone telling them that music was evil. He even jumped 5 feet and said "keep listening to that stuff and you will hip hop straight into hell". Was that a Biblical thing to say?

^
Sounds like a group of fanatics to me! ... :screwloose :screwloose :screwloose

When you are dead, how the heck are you supposed to "hip hop" your way to heaven or hell ?

Like this ? ..... :bounce :onfire ..... :biglaugh

Dead spirits fly away, I think !! ... :angel3 .. :)

Sports is definitely NOT a sin, neither is all music evil , where did they get that goofy ideas from ??

On the contrary, the Apostle Paul encourages sports.

1 Timothy 4:8
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

Dave Slayer said:
Can sinners hip hop into hell? One time years ago during a festival, a fundamentalist group came up and held signs that said such things as "repent now or go to hell", "sports is a sin", and the list goes on. Anyways, one of the guys who was holding up one of the signs had a crowd around him. He was yelling at everyone telling them that music was evil. He even jumped 5 feet and said "keep listening to that stuff and you will hip hop straight into hell". Was that a Biblical thing to say?

MY COMMENTS: Dave, surely you are asking this with "tongue in cheek."

When I read these passages, I must conclude that "death" is "the absence of life."
What do you think?

Psa. 6:5 "For in death there is no remembrance of thee; in Sheol who can give you praise?"

Psa. 30:9 "What profit will there be in my blood when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee?
Shall it declare thy truth?"

Psa. 88:10-12 "Will Thou show wonders to the dead? Shall the dead arise and praise thee? ...Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? And thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?"

Psa. 115:17 "The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence."

Eccl. 9:5 "For the lining know that they shall die: but the dead know nothing."

Isa. 38:18 "For the grave cannot praise thee; death cannot celebrate thee..."

The cure for death is resurrection.

bick you are right, in a sense there, but what about the white throne judgement in Revalation, all those who aren't found in the book of life are cast into the lake of fire, where satan and the false prophet are after the millenial rein. see Revelation 20:11, I believe those judged here die in the millenial rein, on hell see matthew 10:15, and Romans 2:8,9

jason

He was just trying to quip sarcastically. If I had heard him say this I would have instantly pegged him as very narrow minded, authoritarian and hateful. I hope he doesn't have any kids! :crazy

I am starting a Funk band here in Philly, looking for some musicians now, and I am not going to hell because of it. I still also play Metal, and I am not going to hell because of it.

Lewis W said:
I am starting a Funk band here in Philly, looking for some musicians now, and I am not going to hell because of it. I still also play Metal, and I am not going to hell because of it.
sure you are because i say so. :crazy

jasoncran said:
Lewis W said:
sure you are because i say so. :crazy

You are correct sir!

jasoncran said:
bick you are right, in a sense there, but what about the white throne judgement in Revalation, all those who aren't found in the book of life are cast into the lake of fire, where satan and the false prophet are after the millenial rein. see Revelation 20:11, I believe those judged here die in the millenial rein, on hell see matthew 10:15, and Romans 2:8,9
jason

MY COMMENTS: I said 'the cure for death is resurrection'. At the great white throne the 'dead' have been roused from their first death to stand before Christ on His Throne (Rev. 20:12).

'Resurrection' doesnt' mean raised to 'eternal life.'

That's right, all whose names were not found written in the book of life were thrown into the lake of fire, which is the second death. So, they died the second time, the second death.
(Actually, it is my opinion that those thrown into the lake of fire were killed by the Lord before the thrown).
This judgment is after the millennium has ended (Rev. 20:7). Or, are you saying that "the dead" being judged before the GW Throne are only those who have died during the millennium? If that is what you mean, I would disagree. The 'dead' from Adam on must be included to be judged: those who have not been previously resurrected to life in the celestials(the body of Christ) or on the earth (the righteous Israelites and proselytes).

Actually, both the 'beast' (anti-christ) and the false prophet, as well as Satan, were in the lake of fire,
Rev. 20:10.

Matt. 10:15, NIV: "I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town."

And when will the day of judgment be? Before Christ Jesus on his GW Throne. Nothing to do with a "hell" somewhere in the center of the earth, as is the orthodox view.

Rom. 2:8,9, NIV: "But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. There will be trouble and distress for every juman beign who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;"

Actually we need to go back to 2:5 to get the context. From the NIV:

"But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God will give to each person according to what he has done."

Again, I believe this time will be at the Great White Throne. And since all judgment of God is given to Jesus Christ, it is He that will be the judge, and He who will repay His vengeance. But His judgment will be according to truth, according to their deeds, and according to Paul's gospel (Rom. 2:2-16).
Finally Paul tells us all this will take place on the day when God will judge men's secets through Jesus Christ.

And quoting Romans 6:23 "The wages of sin is DEATH..."

so you dont believe in hell then death can also mean pernament seperation from god in some contexts. Sheol is the hebrew word for hell, it was a storage place for the souls of the dead and existed till the time of jesus death. When jesus died and went into the belly of the earth who did he preach to? The parable of lazaras and rich man explains the sheol concept, as abrahams bossom was for the believer and place of torment was for the unbeliever.

jason

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back