Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can Somebody Really Call The Cops For This?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If it was real that is.

Believe it or not, people on disability for psycho/emo problems get these situations presented to them quite frequently.
Things I've had done to me:
My wife was shoved at a sandwich shop by guy saying he was in too much hurry to wait s he pushed past her at the soda dispenser. This was done immediately following the manager telling me"At least your useful for something." as I paid for the meal at the counter.
Had a waitress repeatedly hand us dirty silverware at a restaurant and never present us with clean silverware.
Had a waitress stand at our table and laugh out loud right at us for no reason.
Had a hostess stand and laugh straight at us as we asked to be seated.
Had a guy give me the bird as he raced to grab a parking space I didn't even want
Had security follow me around in several stores.
Had security stand directly over us at our table in the mall as we ate talking loudly on his radio the whole time.
Had security do a step by step update on our location as we walked to an event.
Had numerous crowding out when we stop at a specific location in an aisle at different stores with vague hints of violence.
Many many others

She does have a free choice to leave her husband. Nothing is forcing her to be with him or listen to his power trip. Walk away. And if someone does threaten there partner to stay they can get a restraining order and if they break it can get arrested.

I know I know some people are going to say it's not that easy. If they don't have children it is. Just pack your stuff when they not home and leave. If they have young children obviousy it's more complicated.

She does have a free choice to leave her husband. Nothing is forcing her to be with him or listen to his power trip. Walk away. And if someone does threaten there partner to stay they can get a restraining order and if they break it can get arrested.

I know I know some people are going to say it's not that easy. If they don't have children it is. Just pack your stuff when they not home and leave. If they have young children obviousy it's more complicated.
The Lord tells us we have to forgive, but that doesn't mean we have to stay in abusive relationships. So yeah....I agree.

By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13:35 NKJV

If they don't love you, they are not believers.

We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. 1 John 3:14 NKJV

True, but if Christians always acted like they should then there wouldn't have been any need for the cross.

Yes, you could call the police for this. It might be considered a public disturbance. The police may not be able to do much or press charges unless the woman wants out and has an awful lot against this guy. It would be on record the encounter with The police would be sure to stop the public disturbance in the store, though.

It is scary to see things like this unfold in a public place. Unsettling to say the least.

Plenty of saved folks sin.
I,have seen chrustians steal water ,one such is a worship,leader ,we have locked his water meter before upon cut off for non payment .business and churches do this .

I understand being late but just because a person believes doesn't mean he won't lie ,cheat or commit a crime .its wrong but well without getting into the debate if eternal security it goes on in the church

Yes, you could call the police for this. It might be considered a public disturbance. The police may not be able to do much or press charges unless the woman wants out and has an awful lot against this guy. It would be on record the encounter with The police would be sure to stop the public disturbance in the store, though.

It is scary to see things like this unfold in a public place. Unsettling to say the least.

Thank you since so far you seem to be the only one who answered my question. I just wasn't sure is all, because even though it is awful, I didn't know if anybody could actually get arrested for it.

Plenty of saved folks sin.
I,have seen chrustians steal water ,one such is a worship,leader ,we have locked his water meter before upon cut off for non payment .business and churches do this .

I understand being late but just because a person believes doesn't mean he won't lie ,cheat or commit a crime .its wrong but well without getting into the debate if eternal security it goes on in the church
I know two people who's response when it came to the Lord's will vs money simply said "But this is money we're talking about." They threw the Bible and their Cross right out the window.

I know two people who's response when it came to the Lord's will vs money simply said "But this is money we're talking about." They threw the Bible and their Cross right out the window.

Unbelievable. :sad I might not have a lot of money myself, but when it comes to my eternal salvation that's absolutely one hundred percent priceless. :cross

Not so easy in my case as I never had children and my ex husband was abusing me and almost killed me. I had no money, no car and no friends to help me, basically a prisoner in my own home. I was to scared to call the police as even if he went to jail and got out he would have come back to kill me. My only way out was to call on the name of Jesus who made me a way where there was no way as I left Texas and flew back to my home state of PA. The money came from my ex husbands mistake of opening a checking account in both our names. I took that money, which was the exact price of the plane ticket and flew home. So no, it's not always that easy.

If it was real that is.

Verbal abuse is just as bad as physical abuse. The physical will heal, but the verbal stays with you forever. If there is no threat within the verbal the cops will not do anything, but just tell you to stay away from the verbal abuser. A restraining order isn't worth anymore than the paper it's written on if someone really wants to get at you.

Thank you since so far you seem to be the only one who answered my question. I just wasn't sure is all, because even though it is awful, I didn't know if anybody could actually get arrested for it.

You're welcome. It isn't likely that he would be arrested unless he assaulted her in some way. Depending on some laws, the police might try to charge them both if he hit her and she defended herself. The police officer wasn't there and that can happen.

We had a friend and her husband became sober before they married. He got involved with the wrong people and he slid back into drugs. He started coming home high and became abusive. He hurt her and she shoved him in self defense. A neighbor who heard the conflict called the police. The police asked her, "Did you shove him?" She said, "Yes," and he made his own assumptions. She was arrested and detained overnight and her husband was left with the kids. They revoked her fingerprint clearance card for work. He tried to take her kids from her. He didn't press charges, but the state did. Thankfully she got her fingerprint clearance card back after appealing and didn't have to serve jail time. We live in a dumb state as far as some domestic violence laws.

Sounds backwards, but calling the police sadly doesn't always help. It will break up the fight and perhaps save a life, but then who knows.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back