Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

can we speak =? ( teach me what love is )

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

thesaintman

i understand that

violence in any form bad.....
lying bad
stealing bad
sexual immorality bad
masturbation bad

can you teach me what love is ?

i understand that

violence in any form bad.....
lying bad
stealing bad
sexual immorality bad
masturbation bad

can you teach me what love is ?
In addition to 1 Cor 13, love is keeping the commandments of the Father and the Son (1 John 5:3; John 14:15).

If we love Jesus but get it wrong it does not mean we don't love him.
What is love. I have copied and pasted the following as it describes it better than I can.

There is also an interesting contrast when you look at the Greek words for “love” used in John 21:15–17. When Jesus asked Peter, “Do you love me?” in John 21:15–16, He used the Greek word agape, which refers to unconditional love. Both times, Peter responded with “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you,” using the Greek word phileo, which refers more to a brotherly/friendship type of love. It seems that Jesus is trying to get Peter to understand that he must love Jesus unconditionally in order to be the leader God is calling him to be. The third time Jesus asks, “Do you love me?” in John 21:17, He uses the word phileo, and Peter again responds with “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you,” again using phileo. The point in the different Greek words for “love” seems to be that Jesus was stretching Peter to move him from phileo love to agape love.

Notice moving from a friendship love to unconditional love.

The first 2 times Jesus asks him the question and Peter says yes Jesus then replies with "Feed my lambs, tend my sheep"

So to me love is an unconditional acceptance of others, it's doing unto others as you would have them do to you (please not that I'm not saying that if someone continually beats up on you or abuses you that you have accept that)

I don't think it's that we have to show God we love him by keeping his commands, we keep his commands because we love. We love because he first loved us.

Sin is a destroyer to our soul, but the true unconditional love of Christ restores the soul through His love giving us His mercy and grace even though we do not deserve it. When one can show love to another just as Christ shows His love to us even through our sinful nature then that is what true love is all about.

John 3:3-21 except a man be born again of water and Spirit he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. Vs.6 that which is born of the Flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Flesh cannot perceive the things of the Spirit and is enmity against God, Romans 8:6, 7.

We are all born with a sin nature because of sin being introduced into the world through Satan’s deceit when he told Eve to eat of the forbidden tree in Genesis 3:1-7. Our flesh will always sin because that is its nature and God cannot see our flesh because of our sins nor can he hear the prayers of a sinner, John 9:31.

Sin separates us from God because God is a spirit and can only recognize his own children by what spirit is living in their hearts. We have to renew, rebirth - born again, Gods Spirit within us in order to be called a child of God and see the kingdom of heaven. We now put off the old man (flesh) and put on the new man (Spirit), Colossians 3:1-17. We are renewed by the word of God and through the Holy Spirit teaching us of all things, John 14:26.

John 10:9 I am the door, if any man enter in, he shall be saved. Jesus was the word made flesh to dwell among us, John 1:14, to show us the way back to Gods grace. John 14:6 Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Romans 10:9, 10 if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in his heart that God has raised him from the dead thou shall be saved. Vs.10 for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back