Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

can you teach me how to be strong <3?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Strong smelling? Strong and hitting the 500 pound bench press/? Strong at using the Emoticons in a more creative way?

strong against fear!!!!!!!!!!! reply please-

Ask God to fill you with His Spirit.

For God has not given you the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

Perfect love cast's out all fear.

Ask Him, for His spirit.

Show Him you believe by confessing with your mouth:

God has not given me a spirit of fear...

Say this with your mouth -

Fear go from me in Jesus Name!

Fear, I break your power over me in Jesus name!

Then spend some time praising God, and worshiping Him.

Let God arise and His enemies be scattered.

cid:DFB6E20F-94B9-4E55-B295-FE30E21C84D4

God bless you!

JLB

strong against fear!!!!!!!!!!! reply please-
The only way anyone gets strong.....by getting in the gym and pushing on that weight of fear, strengthening your faith muscles pushing against it.

Faith comes by hearing the word of God. Read your Bible 15 to 20 minutes a day in a private, quiet place. Play anointed Christian music instead of worldly music, even if you're not actually listening to it. Stay in anointed fellowship with your bro's and sis's, even if it's only through a forum like this. This will prepare you to confront the battle with the threats of the enemy that God has ordained for you to face (so you can grow in your faith in God).

Don't think for a moment you're going to get strong by indulging the world. Won't happen.

Last edited:
can you teach me how to be strong
We can point you in the right direction.
For God has not given you the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.
That’s 2 Tim. 1:7. There are four spirits mentioned in that verse -- three are God’s and one is Satan’s. I like the odds already!

Obviously, the Lord wants you moving in his Spirit, thus, if you are a born again believer, he’s already given you those three. What you do with those is up to you.

You must be born again.
Both lip service and .heart service are required.That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” -- Romans 10:9

As another pointed out, you’ll need to “exercise,” train, to strengthen yourself spiritually. This is literally a war, and you’re on the battlefield - like it or not. Ephesians chapter 6 spells out how the Godly warrior is to “dress for success."
Then spend some time praising God, and worshiping Him.
[and]
Play anointed Christian music instead of worldly music, even if you're not actually listening to it.
We were created to worship; it is built into us. However, we are to “Take heed what ye hear” (Mat 4:24); IOW, there are some things we are not to listen to. And “I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes” (Psa. 101:3); IOW, there are some things we are not to look at. Rather, read God’s word:
Faith comes by hearing the word of God. Read your Bible...in a private, quiet place.
Worship, by God’s design, is powerful. Here’s an example of what happened when singers were sent out to the battlefield, in front of the armed forces, singing and praising:

“And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever.”

...and the result of that singing/praising was that the Lord sent ambushes against their enemies, ending with the enemies turning on and then killing each other!

"And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten. For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another." (2 Ch. 20:21-23)
Stay in anointed fellowship with your bro's and sis's...This will prepare you to confront the battle with the threats of the enemy that God has ordained for you to face (so you can grow in your faith in God).

Last edited:
Worship, by God’s design, is powerful. Here’s an example of what happened when singers were sent out to the battlefield, in front of the armed forces, singing and praising:

“And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever.”

...and the result of that singing/praising was that the Lord sent ambushes against their enemies, ending with the enemies turning on and then killing each other!

"And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten. For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another." (2 Ch. 20:21-23)
Preach it! :clap:woot2

"Those who contend with you will be as nothing and will perish. 12 "You will seek those who quarrel with you, but will not find them, Those who war with you will be as nothing and non-existent. 13 "For I am the LORD your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, 'Do not fear, I will help you.' " Isaiah 41:11-13 NASB

You're getting some good answers here brother. I can add that, in your weakness is He made strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-11)

I have found that activation of faith is helped immensely by personal participation, or, walking the walk so to speak. I was in a pretty serious financial bind before and decided to (choose) to put the problem out of my mind and not worry about it but rather turn it over to the Lord and simply believe that the Lord will make everything work out. Well. it did. Several times in fact. Scripture says that we should not worry about tomorrow, what we will eat or wear (or whatever), so I simply chose to release the stress and worry and cast that thought out. It wasn't really that hard to do, to set aside worry & stress in the middle of a crisis, I just had to set my mind to do so and (chose) to trust (faith) the Lord.

While we are given a measure of faith, it seems to be that a lot of faith above that comes down to a choice. There's risk involved, has to be or it wouldn't be faith. Like loaning someone money that you don't know too well. He seems alright, but will he stand up to his word and pay back? The first time (?!) you loan them money you have to choose to trust the guy and take the risk. Luckily, our Lord Yahshua has an impeccable reputation for keeping His promises! Even so, until one takes a risk sometime and gains personal experience in the building of a trust relationship, he would still have to make a choice. Put it on the line and out of your mind. Like David had to do when He went walking out onto the field with Goliath. David spoke those strong words and went out to meet Goliath before God delivered him into his hand. He might have been a little apprehensive? But he walked the walk and went out there, and God did not let him down...

I have done this myself but not to the degree that David did, lol. I liken it to building a resume of trust with God, which goes both ways brother (!), we learn that we can trust God more and more and personal experience always trumps references even if they was good. :)

<3<3<3<3:biggrinD:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin: <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Yes I can teach you how to be strong through Christ. All fear is based upon a false image of god. This false image is a lie and I can prove that. But first I must know the lie you are believing that causes your fear. So why are you afraid? What are you afraid of? What are you believing that prompts your fear?

Immediate advice: Seek something you are grateful for, anything that is good. For example food, walking, breathing, loved ones, friends, etc...Then say, in the Name of Jesus thank you God for ______ , over and over till you are sure you mean it when you say it. Notice your fear will dissipate. Fear cannot exist where one is thankful unto God.

Last edited:
Yes I can teach you how to be strong through Christ. All fear is based upon a false image of god. This false image is a lie and I can prove that. But first I must know the lie you are believing that causes your fear. So why are you afraid? What are you afraid of? What are you believing that prompts your fear?

Immediate advice: Seek something you are grateful for, anything that is good. For example food, walking, breathing, loved ones, friends, etc...Then say, in the Name of Jesus thank you God for ______ , over and over till you are sure you mean it when you say it. Notice your fear will dissipate. Fear cannot exist where one is thankful unto God.
so tell us how you can teach one not to fear? certainly God ha snot given us the spirit of fear... but it is there let trouble come in unexpected see what happens . we learn.grow as we mature in Christ

Reactions: JLB
so tell us how you can teach one not to fear? certainly God ha snot given us the spirit of fear... but it is there let trouble come in unexpected see what happens . we learn.grow as we mature in Christ
Forgive my asking, but I would like to honestly know, if you are serious with your question, or are you suggesting that no one can teach someone else how to be strong against fear? If the latter, then please note the qualifier I supplied in anticipation of such a response. I said this, "Yes I can teach you how to be strong, through Christ".

Romans 8: (NASB95)
1Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
3For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,
4so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,
7because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,
8and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
10If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
11But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
12So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh—
13for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
14For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
15For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!”
16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,
17and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
18For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
19For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.

yup serious as a heart attack i am very familiar with scriptures on strength paul wrote i can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.. note its not man /woman its through Christ he gave us the Holy Spirit ..i can not teach any one to be strong.. i can show them through scriptures but we grow as we learn how to deal with disruptive moments (bends in the road ):sohappy

yup serious as a heart attack i am very familiar with scriptures on strength paul wrote i can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.. note its not man /woman its through Christ he gave us the Holy Spirit ..i can not teach any one to be strong.. i can show them through scriptures but we grow as we learn how to deal with disruptive moments (bends in the road ):sohappy
Well said ezra. But then we are just addressing semantic confusion here. I claim nothing of myself apart from Christ, but I am bold through Christ because I know the Truth that comes in his Name. This Truth vanquishes all lies of the enemy. Now you say you are of the conviction that you can't teach anyone to be strong. I disagree. I think you can. Here is a truth that I say about fear. "It's been my experience in life, that the fear of something, always turned out to be greater then the actual event". Do you find that to be true in your life as well?

start teaching the strength comes from through the spirit resurrection power .we can teach scripture but i nor you can do it for the person.its just like lifting weights it takes effort to get stronger. one can hire a personal trainer they can show the correct method of lifting encourage. but ultimately its up the individual . some times fear comes in all sorts of package for instance a mother we know is with her baby in a children s hospital at this very moment. while he battles pneumonia going into the 3 rd week. so you see fear can come in all kinds of ways. a person would not be human or a parent to say they fear for the baby.. yes fear comes from worry which as a parent comes natural . if you want to say a prayer for this baby his name is william . he needs a miracle a divine intervention from the throne of Grace. my point is you me can not teach to be strong. we can only show the way our faith will increase as we grow through trials . thats my point and yes some people have the spirit of fear so bad they are scared of the least little thing that comes along

start teaching the strength comes from through the spirit resurrection power .we can teach scripture but i nor you can do it for the person.its just like lifting weights it takes effort to get stronger. one can hire a personal trainer they can show the correct method of lifting encourage. but ultimately its up the individual . some times fear comes in all sorts of package for instance a mother we know is with her baby in a children s hospital at this very moment. while he battles pneumonia going into the 3 rd week. so you see fear can come in all kinds of ways. a person would not be human or a parent to say they fear for the baby.. yes fear comes from worry which as a parent comes natural . if you want to say a prayer for this baby his name is william . he needs a miracle a divine intervention from the throne of Grace. my point is you me can not teach to be strong. we can only show the way our faith will increase as we grow through trials . thats my point and yes some people have the spirit of fear so bad they are scared of the least little thing that comes along
I understand your point ezra and I am not at odds with it. It's just an issue of semantics. Of course we all have trials. Each case is different. Sometimes words of comfort should be said , sometimes silence. Empathy shows the way. In the end we are going to do what we have to do, despite the fear. In the case of this op empathy tells me to help. Sorry about the baby. William is on my heart.

Back