Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can You Whistle

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

abide

<CITE>www.whistlingtom.com</CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE>When I was a girl, I would hear men whistle. I realise that my brothers could whistle, all I tried I never could get it done. I love to hear men whistle, there is something about whistling that seems so peaceful. I am always amazed at how people can whistle to a song.;)</CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE>I am not sure the reason why, but my brothers could only whistle outside the house. My mother would say to my brothers, you are not a man, so don't whistle in here. Lol:tongue</CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE>I guess whistling was for men...Lol.</CITE>

I do not whistle very well. I truly have not much talent when it comes to even singing, but I can sure hum:lol

<cite>www.whistlingtom.com</cite>
<cite></cite>
<cite>When I was a girl, I would hear men whistle. I realise that my brothers could whistle, all I tried I never could get it done. I love to hear men whistle, there is something about whistling that seems so peaceful. I am always amazed at how people can whistle to a song.;)</cite>
<cite></cite>
<cite>I am not sure the reason why, but my brothers could only whistle outside the house. My mother would say to my brothers, you are not a man, so don't whistle in here. Lol:tongue</cite>
<cite></cite>
<cite></cite>
<cite></cite>
<cite>I guess whistling was for men...Lol.</cite>

I can whistle like a bird. (I'm a guy.) My dad could also whistle with the best of them. You could always find him in the store by walking the aisles and listen for him whistling. But I'm also a musician, so that's probably why I can whistle so accurately, that and I like to whistle! I played trumpet and French horn in school, and I also play guitar and bass guitar (30+ years). I grew up singing in the choir and later as an amateur singer. I'm sure it all fits together. Funny you mentioned this! I don't reckon I remember any girls whistling. Maybe girls just have more restraint.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember as a kid I couldn't whistle until my two front teeth came in--and that was only because there was a space between them because of the way they grew.
They're normal now, and I've figured out how to whistle the correct way. But I'm still not much good at it.

I learned to whistle fairly well as a young man-as in the Andy Griffith show tune. I also could do the "Bob White" and "Whipporwill" bird calls. However, when I had all my upper teeth pulled and got a upper denture plate, I lost the ability to whistle!

Interesting enough, my Uncle and his son could not whistle tunes but could do a very loud and piercing whistle that they used to call us kids in for supper! I never could do that!!

Back