Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Channels

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Rollo Tamasi

Warrior for Christ
We all travel through channels in life that brings us places we've never been to or experienced before.
What channels have you traveled through lately?

I traveled the English Channel earlier this year on my way to Paris, but I had been to Paris before so maybe that doesn't count.

Yes Rollo, been through a channel. It was 5 years ago. My dad died and I suddenly had to take care of the income alone.
We were working in a company where schedule is very quick and you had to run around, doing a lot of stuff for free often, so now that I was alone without my dad, I couldn't do it alone, but God had plans. He placed us in another company, where I could work on much better schedule and pay-rate was higher. It was an overall much much better environment.
-----
Anyways, when I started working for another company, it was a little tough, because we just paid off a truck, moved to a new(smaller/cheaper) rent and had to pay security deposit + 2 months rent. We also lost our security deposit from previous rent because we didn't live there long enough. Also, we had to take care of funeral, so our finances were stretched very thin. All money we had, which was not much, was just GONE!!!

At the beginning when I started working for this new company, first few jobs got dragged on for a while and I couldn't get paid for them because I couldn't finish them. We(me and my mom) were basically stretching paycheck to paycheck for like 3 months...We even applied for food-stamps to help and we didn't think we'd get any support, because we had a brand new truck. We sent them all our income information, vehicles we own, but miraculously they gave us help!! I was so grateful!!

Anyways, just when I was down to my last month's rent in the checking account and no more money, I got a paycheck and our finances started pouring in like rain needed for harvest during drought!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!

During this time, I was always in prayer, telling God I know he is with us and He's gonna help us get through this. And I knew deep in my heart that he was going to help us and it was going to be over very soon. I just felt it deep inside of me, and God delivered us through this hard time.

We quickly stabilized financially and I was now making more than when I was working with my dad. It is amazing how God showed us He is near us. We didn't have any relatives nearby, so it was especially hard. We found great friends from our church in this time in need(God sent them), who helped us through this! I don't know how we would have made it through if God wasn't with us and if He didn't send his help through friends in our church.

It was definitely a scary moment, but I have learned something during that time and it will stay with me for the rest of my life. It has made my belief in God more firm. Still pretty scary though...

I travelled a channel couple days ago. I sat and had a beer and chat with santa at the airport bar, then i got swabbed for explosives by security, then got a reserve labelled bottle of premium scotch, the flew across the ocean.

Yes Rollo, been through a channel. It was 5 years ago. My dad died and I suddenly had to take care of the income alone.
We were working in a company where schedule is very quick and you had to run around, doing a lot of stuff for free often, so now that I was alone without my dad, I couldn't do it alone, but God had plans. He placed us in another company, where I could work on much better schedule and pay-rate was higher. It was an overall much much better environment.
-----
Anyways, when I started working for another company, it was a little tough, because we just paid off a truck, moved to a new(smaller/cheaper) rent and had to pay security deposit + 2 months rent. We also lost our security deposit from previous rent because we didn't live there long enough. Also, we had to take care of funeral, so our finances were stretched very thin. All money we had, which was not much, was just GONE!!!

At the beginning when I started working for this new company, first few jobs got dragged on for a while and I couldn't get paid for them because I couldn't finish them. We(me and my mom) were basically stretching paycheck to paycheck for like 3 months...We even applied for food-stamps to help and we didn't think we'd get any support, because we had a brand new truck. We sent them all our income information, vehicles we own, but miraculously they gave us help!! I was so grateful!!

Anyways, just when I was down to my last month's rent in the checking account and no more money, I got a paycheck and our finances started pouring in like rain needed for harvest during drought!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!

During this time, I was always in prayer, telling God I know he is with us and He's gonna help us get through this. And I knew deep in my heart that he was going to help us and it was going to be over very soon. I just felt it deep inside of me, and God delivered us through this hard time.

We quickly stabilized financially and I was now making more than when I was working with my dad. It is amazing how God showed us He is near us. We didn't have any relatives nearby, so it was especially hard. We found great friends from our church in this time in need(God sent them), who helped us through this! I don't know how we would have made it through if God wasn't with us and if He didn't send his help through friends in our church.

It was definitely a scary moment, but I have learned something during that time and it will stay with me for the rest of my life. It has made my belief in God more firm. Still pretty scary though...

What a wonderful testimony.
Praise the Lord Jesus.
Yes, Jesus poured out his love for you and your mother and showed you every step of the way that he loves you and will always take care of you.
You took a big step in your relationship with God.
He has more big plans for you.
He will use you to touch other peoples lives from here on in, and will continue to teach you every step you take.
Praise the Lord.
If God is speaking to you, please share with me.

I travelled a channel couple days ago. I sat and had a beer and chat with santa at the airport bar, then i got swabbed for explosives by security, then got a reserve labelled bottle of premium scotch, the flew across the ocean.
Sounds very exciting.
When you flew across the ocean did you see the sunrise?
Can you describe it?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back