Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christian BDSM

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
R

radical

Yes there is actually such a title :x Why are christians promoting things like this,and DD (domestic discipline is where the dh administers spankings to his wife) All very confusing

~In him

I'm aware of a couple of e-groups doing this. Basically it's a way to get their jollies and dress it up in pseudo-Christian language. The power-play, fantasy and mindgames involved are completely incompatible with genuine Christianity.

Jules

General BDSM is just role-playing. As long as the people know it is a game, I don't think it breaks any Christian rules.

Quath

Just to state...you learn something new every day....
I have never heard of this...i dont even know what it stands for....do i need to :-D :biggrin

auntie said:
i dont even know what it stands for....do i need to :-D :biggrin

Not really but I'm sure you'll hear the term at some point in your life.

It's a VERY controversial topic. I thought about deleting the topic, but BDSM can be a very wide range of "activities". It may not necessarily be "hardcore" all the time.

I'm trying to think of a "clean" way to explain. There are many people involved in BDSM who enjoy tying others up, or being tied up themselves, but who do not enjoy S&M--that is, they aren't interested in inflicting or receiving pain.

That's about as close as I can get to explaining without going into detail. I till say one thing though....BOTH people MUST....MUST....MUST be in agreement to this. If someone tries to tie you up without consent or vice versa, that is ABUSE and you are putting your life in danger.

JMO

BDSM stands for bondage & discipline and domination & submission and sadism & masochism. It covers a wide range of fetishes. If you want more information on it, I would suggest Wikipedia.

Like Nikki said, it can be dangerous. So make sure you have a code word or gesture you can perform that says "STOP."

Quath

The best way to handle this is to get some help to figure out why you are a pervert in the first place. :lol:

I was pm to tell me what the letters stand for...i do know about the practise having been a non christian most of my life and having 6 kids...what i am surprised about is ...christians doing this...

Don't forget anyone can wear the lable "christian", but the word says "narrow is the way, and few will find it."

Yeah - having been into it in a fairly serious way myself before, I personally can't see how it's compatible with Christianity. It was one of the things I had to repent over and leave behind. It's like an addiction for some people, and can get very ugly indeed.

Jules

destiny said:
The best way to handle this is to get some help to figure out why you are a pervert in the first place. :lol:

After reading this statement there is nothing I can add.

i don't see why BDSM is so bad between two consenting people. Christian or not. It's simply role play, and it just happens to turn certian people (heck, such as Diencephalon here) on severely. :tongue

It's not ungodly, I suppose. Just all fun in bed.

destiny said:

Sadomasochism is a perversion, or paraphila, but I don't believe that automatically causes all of those who take part in it to be considered perverts. They're not all exceedingly sex motivated hedonists who barely think about anything else.

Contrary to the previous poster, it's not all role-play either. Various forms, such as blood play, can get very intimate and take no character other than that of those involved.

I shall have to assume the main reason for the spite of it is in relation to Sodom and Gomorrah? If I do recall correctly, the main reason they were eradicated was due to promiscuity... and quote Hebrews 13:4:

Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

What does he refer to as "sexually immoral"? Rapists, pedophiles and the like. No where, to my knowledge, does it state bondage, temperature play, and other common actions during SM are wrong.

bronzestray, i agree with your last statement wholeheartedly.

Just doesn't float my boat though, but I'm sure I like things other people wouldn't understand. We weren't all made to be the same, after all.

I see this hasn't been commented on in awhile, but I'm new here.

To quote BronzeStray:

What does he refer to as "sexually immoral"? Rapists, pedophiles and the like. No where, to my knowledge, does it state bondage, temperature play, and other common actions during SM are wrong.

I'm not experienced in all this, I assume SM means sado-masichism?

I'm trying to wrap my head around the image of Jesus (our bridegroom)
doing anything to cause us pain, when in reality He gave Him very life as an act of love.

Scary thing to get into, IMHO.

Back