Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christian Essentials

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Logan

Well I am finally graduating from college in two weeks. Now I will have more free time to read books that I want to instead of countless hours of reading school books.

What are the essential books you think all Christians should read? I am going to start reading some C.S. Lewis. What else should I add to my list of books to read?

If I had only one...

Imitation of Christ: For five hundred years, this gentle book, filled with the spirit of the love of God, has brought understanding and comfort to millions of readers in over fifty languages, and provided them with a source of heart-felt personal prayer. These meditations on the life and teachings of Jesus, written in times even more troubled and dangerous than our own, have become second only to the Bible as a guide and inspiration. The Imitation of Christ was written in Latin by Thomas Hemerken of Kempen, or Thomas á Kempis as he is now known. It is essentially a spiritual diary. Thomas, born about the year 1380, was educated by the Brethren of the Common Life, was moved to join their community.

Quote: "When the day of judgment comes, we shall not be ask what we have read but what we have done, not if we have made fine speeches or debates but if we have lived faithful lives."

A couple different editions of this work are floating around on the market, you can find a good Bible centered translation with footnotes listing all the Biblical quotes.

Back