Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christianity in international perspective

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I'm curious about how followers of Christ are doing elsewhere. I've read that there's a great harvest in some 3rd world and developing countries, while many western, post-industrial nations are now also post-Christian. Sad for us; good for the new believers.

Can anybody help put Christianity in international perspective for me? I read somewhere that they're more traditional in Africa, for instance; the Episcopalians of Africa apparently aren't pro-gay. I know the Catholic church has long been international, but how are the Born Again Protestants doing?

Just tryin' to start a little convo...

I'm curious about how followers of Christ are doing elsewhere. I've read that there's a great harvest in some 3rd world and developing countries, while many western, post-industrial nations are now also post-Christian. Sad for us; good for the new believers.

Can anybody help put Christianity in international perspective for me? I read somewhere that they're more traditional in Africa, for instance; the Episcopalians of Africa apparently aren't pro-gay. I know the Catholic church has long been international, but how are the Born Again Protestants doing?

Just tryin' to start a little convo...
I do know that there are several instances of several countries killing homosexuals and getting support from American church groups and organizations. I also know that in some of the poorer areas with little education there has been a resurgences of witch hunts and executions.

However, yes there is a large resurgence in Africa of Christianity. Its going through the growing pains that Christianity went through in the US and Europe. As infrostructure improves and societies stabalize there should be improvement.

However, one of the factors that I believe has led a large chunk of Europe and parts of the US away from Religion as a whole is due to stability and the ability the ponder questions outside of pure survival.

Last edited:
Back