Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christians and gender roles, homophobia

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
OK. I've been thinking about this. Some people talk about how Christianity is homophobic and sexist/misogynistic, but I've seen the opposite...sometimes. I've seen some remarkably stable, egalitarian Christian marriages. I think the difference I saw was that there was actually a road map for power sharing and decision making, laid out in the Bible.

I dunno about men, masculinity, and homophobia. That I think is linked to so many issues besides Christian vs non-Christian. I do get the idea that some of Jesus' teachings contradict what we expect out of men in today's society, especially post-Industrial, capitalist society, so...I think that causes conflict for some men. Just a guess, but that's the sense I get from reading over Christian stuff.

Homophobia...I dunno. I can't really base on my experiences. I mean, I live in The Bible Belt. Also, in my case, a lot of the "homophobia" was only there because I was also low on the totem pole. People who are low on the totem pole are criticized for...well, anything, really. I have noticed that Christians at least try to be inclusive, as long as you identify your sin patterns as that...sin patterns. That said, we all bring baggage, and I think issues with the homogays and masculinity issues are problems within the church and also society as a whole.

So, yeah. That's my random thought and observations post of the day :)

It's not a phobia. I think that word is just some sorta smear tactic word. And they'll call it a "irrational fear" as if you just become absolutely paranoid that there's something called "homosexual".

That's absolutely not the case.

It's not a fear.

It's a loving opposition of the destructive folly the depraved subject themselves to.

Ever hear of "nicophobes" for being against cigarettes, or "incestiphobes"? The word "Homophobic" is irrational itself, because it's only existent for a personal ad hominem attack.

I work as a custodian at a school district. I find it funny that if someone were to display the littlest cross someone would be quick to go "SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE STOP SHOVING YOUR VIEWS DOWN MY THROAT".

Yet just about every classroom, as if it were some communist setting, has a sign with a triangular rainbow which says "this is a safe zone for lgbtq people". Talk about shoving things in your face. Why not have a safe zone for overweight people, black people, special ed people, dwarfed people, religous people, ugly people, etc., etc.?

Then recently, even worse, they had a sign that said "Lables are for soup cans, not people". And of course, the only lables were sexuality. Little drawings of soup cans that say "bisexual soup," "pansexual soup," "heterosexual soup," "gay soup," "asexual soup" "panromantic lesbian soup", etc., etc.

So much comotion over fetishes. I thi k they made it clear enough, even just by that sign, that has nothing to do with labels. It has to do with changing definitions. And it doesn't have to do with bullying. But it has to do with slapping "homophobic" and "bully" on anyone who opposes a fetish.

Talk about soup labels, and they're quick to go "You homophobic bullying hate group".

So it has nothing to do with labels, but definitions. People want what they want called good. People want to just tell society "accept my lusts or else" as if their lusts are who they are. They only way they were born were as you an I were born, not with a gay gene, but a sin gene... "in sin did my mother concieve me".

It's not about lables. It's about definitions.

"Woe to the who call good evil, and evil good, that put darkness for light and light for darkness, and put sweet for bitter, and bitter for sweet" Isaiah 5:20

"And everyone did that which was right in THEIR OWN eyes"

I find it interesting that I hear part of their reasoning for rejecting God is because "this is who I am," "this is what I love", or "people are born gay".

The scriptures said this would happen.

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, WALKING AFTER THEIR OWN LUSTS, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. FOR THIS THEY WILLINGLY are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

A non believer should never make you doubt or feel incompetent, for they are deliberately in denial to walk after their beloved sins.

We need to pray that God just makes us to shed our outer man, our old self, like an exoskeleton. And that we would give up all oiur own will that we can flow as the grace of God. That we would be grace and love as our Father in heaven is Grace and Love, for scripture says "God is love" and "be ye perfect as your father in heaven is perfect". Praying that God will use us as vessels of his supreme unconditional love torwards Gays and Lesbians. We should make them feel like people, praying God would show us how to heap the coals of love upon their head. Saying these things makes me feel like a pretense 'Cos these are tough things. But if we believe that God raised Jesus from the dead, the we believe that our sin is removed from us as far as the east is from the west: including the snares and bondage of homosexuality. For Grace makes us to hate ungodliness. For if it weren't for Christ, the heterosexual would stand condemned just as much as the homosexual is for "none are righteous, no not one".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WybvhRu9KU

http://www.canarycryradio.com/2014/07/31/ccr-073-gay-episode/

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back