Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

" Come hither; I will show unto thee..... "

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
H

His_nee (Jeff)

"Revelation 17
21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

17:1 And there came one of the seven angels, who had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, “Come hither; I will show unto thee the judgment upon the great whore who sitteth upon many waters,
2 with whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.”
3 So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting upon a scarlet-colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, and having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and bedecked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication;
5 and upon her forehead was a name written: Mystery, Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth.
6 And I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I wondered with great amazement....."

"in the spirit" how many people have seen this ? (not the written word, which is absolutely true, not counting errors in translation and in men's interpretation, but the revelation in and from Jesus Christ ? )

Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Mat 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

and again in Luke

Luk 11:47 Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.
Luk 11:48 Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres.
Luk 11:49 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:
Luk 11:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;
Luk 11:51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.

Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Mat 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

and again in Luke

Luk 11:47 Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.
Luk 11:48 Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres.
Luk 11:49 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:
Luk 11:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;
Luk 11:51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.

yes, that is good and right and true. can you identify the true prophets and teachers and the false prophets and teachers in the last hundred/ five hundred years (or even 2ooo years for that, all the way since the Scripture was written).

"in the spirit" how many people have seen this ?

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible http://biblehub.com/revelation/17-3.htm

So he carried me away in the spirit,.... Not in body, as if he was removed from the isle of Patmos to some other place; but in a visionary way, just as Ezekiel was carried between earth and heaven, in the visions of God, to Jerusalem, Ezekiel 8:3. It was represented to the mind of John, to his spirit, or soul, as if he had been taken up by the angel and carried through the air: :)

what i mean is , how many people have actually seen this(understood this) (as I understand it, most of the world doesn't have a clue, even though it is clearly spelled out).... .... ... >>>

Revelation 17
21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
17:1 And there came one of the seven angels, who had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, “Come hither; I will show unto thee the judgment upon the great whore who sitteth upon many waters,
2 with whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.”
3 So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting upon a scarlet-colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, and having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and bedecked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication;
5 and upon her forehead was a name written: Mystery, Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth.
6 And I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I wondered with great amazement.

yes, that is good and right and true. can you identify the true prophets and teachers and the false prophets and teachers in the last hundred/ five hundred years (or even 2ooo years for that, all the way since the Scripture was written).

Jesus was talking about these From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias

With 20/20 hindsight it is absolutely clear who/what the whore was, also why John wondered at her with great amazement.

and yet the world's leaders just keep on going willy nilly , straight into judgment with her.......

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back